The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ember's dye is disappearing off her costumes when I leave my home

goddess2015
goddess2015
✭✭✭
I discovered a weird bug with Ember, regarding dyes. I own the Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins. Twice, yesterday and today, I went to my home, used the dye station for my character, and walked out the front door into the Gold Coast zone. Both times, Ember was the "active" companion. (Of course, she is not active in the home, but she popped back up once I zone out the door.) Anyway, when I walk out the front door of my home, and Ember pops back up, Ember's costume is no longer dyed. It reverts back to the original non-dyed color it was when it was purchased or acquired. I'm not even dying Ember's costume when I'm in the house --I'm dying my character's costume. Also, I'm not dying the costume than Ember is wearing. I'm not touching her costume at all. Yet every time I leave the house, Ember has lost the dye on her costume; one which I didn't even touch at the dye station. Once, it was Crown Store dye, which is very annoying because it costs 200 crowns and only comes back once a year. Once it was regular achievement dye which is fixable, yet still very annoying. This has happened to me twice, now and it makes me afraid to go home with her active. I am an expert dye/costume/outfit person...I am not making a mistake; this is really happening to me. It's some kind of weird bug. My hubby plays, and he is my witness that I'm not going crazy or making some mistake. I don't know if it will happen at every house or just at Varlaisvea. I'm afraid to go to my houses and use my dye station now. Especially if Ember is wearing crown store dye. Makes having a dye station in all my homes a huge disappointment. Has anyone else had this issue? Where Ember's dye just vanishes once you leave your home? Even though you didn't mess with her costume at a dye station? ZoS, any idea what caused this weird bug or a fix available?

PS
I went to my Earthtear Cavern and re-dyed Ember's costume and this time, I ported out rather than walk out the front door and her dye remained. Not sure how much walking out the door has to do with the bug OR if it's just Varlaisvea. I only know, I'm losing dye and it's a bug. Anyone else having this issue?
~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • goddess2015
    goddess2015
    ✭✭✭
    This happened again. =(
    ~Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.~
  • Youmee
    Youmee
    ✭✭✭
    I discovered a weird bug with Ember, regarding dyes.
    Hello, I have the same bug and it also was an expensive 200 Cr rare dye.

Did you get reimbursed? I think of submitting a ticket