Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Problem with ESO maps. Part 1.

Carlos93
Carlos93
✭✭✭
Hello community, I have come to comment on a problem that I have been observing with each new zone DLC.

The problem I am raising is the disproportionate amount of Tamriel map zoma that each new zone DLC takes up.

An example:

81g992jbg5nz.png

This is Tamriel today.

If you look at it, there is little space left in Tamriel, if we continue this way, the map of Tamrial will not last another ten years.

The solution would be to make maps with the same extension but taking a smaller piece of Tamriel.

An example:

s57ueubsntju.png

I will continue in part 2 of this publication.

Greetings and good discussion.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think you are also discounting non-tamriel zones that are not technically part of that map (coldharbour, clockwork city, fargrave, deadlands, arteum)

im wondering when they will do other zones around daedric prices (shivering isles or apocrypha for example)
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • Cryptor
    Cryptor
    ✭✭✭
    you are basing your entire theory on assumption that without any zones left on the current map no space is left for additional content. you could not be more wrong. there are non-tamriel zones (some already in place) and let's not rule out map additions and revising the existing map. not that this will ever be needed but something along the lines of WoWs Cataclysm is possible as well.

Personally, I hope to see more non-Tamriel zones.
    Casually Xbox Guild: Discord Server - Recruiting Thread - Guild Website - My information: Instagram - Twitch Stream - Youtube Channel - Discord Server - Xbox GT: OGCryptor - Mastodon Profile
  • Carlos93
    Carlos93
    ✭✭✭
    The island of Artaeum should have been bigger since it was in Tamriel, but the psijic took it away from Tamriel.
  • kaushad
    kaushad
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to put off going to Rihad unti 2036. Maybe if every little zone had intricate attention to detail and novelty, it would be worth waiting a bit longer, as it sometimes is with Q4 DLC compared to chapters, but I don't see why (literally checks TESI: Arena map) the Rockpark area deserves its own dedicated DLC.