The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is Skyshards addon broken?

Daggerfell0929
Daggerfell0929
✭✭✭
Hello there my skyshards addon is showing my mains skyshards instead of my alts. My main is 421/501 skyshards, however I know my alt has much less than this. It does not mark the missing skyshards for my alt when I am logged in as the addon thinks I am on my main. Is there any fix for this?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 3 June 2022 16:05
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, backdate the game to before they did account wide Achievements
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Daggerfell0929
    Daggerfell0929
    ✭✭✭
    How do I backdate the addon???
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want the addon to show the shards, you will have to set it to show discovered and not discovered
    Edited by Nestor on 1 June 2022 15:46

• Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alternatively, you could deactivate Skyshard Addon and do the Zone Guide, which will lead you to each Skyshard.

It's slower, but it works well enough
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I backdate the addon???

He said to backdate the game.
    To before AWA (account Wide Achievements).
    It involves a time machine and a unique understanding of particle physics.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

PC/NA, i7 with 32 gigs of ram, nVME cards and an nVidea 1060 over fiber.
    I don't play through Steam, ever.
  • Mr_Stach
    Mr_Stach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How do I backdate my life to before I made a LOT of Financial Mistakes
    Altoholic, Frost Warden Sympathizer and Main

Glacial Guardian - Main - Frost Warden Zealot
    The Frost Man Cometh - PC Frost Backup
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Stach wrote: »
    How do I backdate my life to before I made a LOT of Financial Mistakes

Were you not born with a Quick Restore function like the rest of us? Bad luck :wink: !
  • KalevaLaine
    KalevaLaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me it works fine after several updates, and this was for weeks.

Have you updated the addon yet?
    i TurNeD inTo A mARtian 👽 // PC EU seit 2020 (3302CP) // PS EU von 2015-2020 (1250CP)
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The addon works as it did before AWA for me once I updated it the latest version
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The addon works as it did before AWA for me once I updated it the latest version

Good to know. I do a Minion before each game launch, so I did not notice this fixed it.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have something that makes them work and another that shows them after they have been found. I really should run that down....
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • NeuroticPixels
    NeuroticPixels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have something that makes them work and another that shows them after they have been found. I really should run that down....

The “after they have been found” was a game update. Not an addon. Just fyi. :)
    Check out the ReShade I made: Crispy Sharpness
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you're maybe refering to Map Pins add-on, I know that one shows the uncollected skyshards.
    From the add-on's log change: "1.85.7 - Fixed display of uncollected Skyshards (achievement system changes)"
    Edited by redlink1979 on 1 June 2022 20:51
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • wenchmore420b14_ESO
    wenchmore420b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    And the ghost of AWA still haunts us....
    Huzzah to ZoS and continued silence of the atrocity that was AWA.
    Drakon Koryn~Oryndill, Rogue~Mage,- CP ~Doesn't matter any more
    NA / PC Beta Member since Nov 2013
    GM~Conclave-of-Shadows, EP Social Guild, ~Proud member of: The Wandering Merchants, Phoenix Rising, Imperial Trade Union & Celestials of Nirn
    Sister Guilds with: Coroner's Report, Children of Skyrim, Sunshine Daydream, Tamriel Fisheries, Knights Arcanum and more
    "Not All Who Wander are Lost"
    #MOREHOUSINGSLOTS
    “When the people that can make the company more successful are sales and marketing people, they end up running the companies. The product people get driven out of the decision making forums, and the companies forget what it means to make great products.”

_Steve Jobs (The Lost Interview)
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check your depencies. Shyshards will tell you what libraries it requires.

HOWEVER - Some Libraries now also require other Libraries in order to function. So you have to check all the Libraries Skyshards requires for any additional required Libraries.

This was a problem I ran into awhile back. don't know if it pertained to skyshards but it definitely affected some Destination stuff. Maybe lorebooks.

:#
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll find it even more disturbing when you go into Delves with Skyshards and find the delve boss won't auto-spawn anymore for first time characters who haven't killed it yet because you completed it with AWA on another character.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is jarring.
  • Ragnarok0130
    Ragnarok0130
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Good to know. I do a Minion before each game launch, so I did not notice this fixed it.

@Nestor I'm still managing addons the old manual way, is minion an overall good experience?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ragnarok0130

I was a late adopter to Minion, but now i don't know how i went without it. It takes about a minute to update my addons. Really helps with new chapter releases as a bunch of addons get updated when those come out

• WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Nestor I'm still managing addons the old manual way, is minion an overall good experience?

it's flawless experience never had any issues with it
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons