The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please make Deadland Treasure maps have a higher chance to drop or add them to Fargrave Dailies

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
I love the armor styles but its driving me crazy on trying to get Deadland treasure maps just to get the motifs.

Costs almost 400k gold each on stores and motifs are over 1million gold, worst part for me is I like the Codex which you only get if you excavate the page from a lead.

Please make the map have a higher chance to drop or atleast make them drop in Fargrave Dailies which would make sense.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    honestly i have this problem with pretty much all of the antiquity motifs, the drop chances are just too low, and not "curated" so there are still some of the original antiquity motifs im still missing because the chance to get a lead itself is already very low, and some zones like khenarthis roost have 4 potential motif leads
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I open lots of treasure chests and thieves troves and get at least a couple a week (on PS). Either I am very lucky or they drop fairly regularly
    Soupy twist
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I open everything I see (takes me forever to get anywhere) and I have not seen one. Motifs behind treasure maps is fine but at least have them drop more often.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is annoying that they keep adding things to treasure maps of new zones but refuse to give us a reliable way of getting treasure maps for a chance of getting the lead for the right motif.
    Treasure maps should always be from the zone you are currently in, same as they've already done with the paintings.

At least none of the motifs actually look that great, even if they are better versions of the basegame motifs, so I'm happy to ignore them. Boy, I can't wait for Ancestral Bosmer and Dunmer to actually look dope only for it to be impossible to get my hands on them.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Galiferno
    Galiferno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with this system is its completely susceptible to market manipulation. Recently, some players took advantage of the lack of supply and the price of the maps shot up from 150k to over 400k on PC NA. A few months ago I bought the chests for 2.5 mil and now I know someone who is flipping them successfully for over 20 mil. I'm so worried about this happening with Ancestral Breton because I've wanted that motif for so long and don't want a couple of greedy and rich players to ruin it for me or anyone else. I can only hope there will be a High Isle event like the Blackwood one that will drop a lot of maps and drive the price down enough for me to buy all the Ancestral Breton motifs.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is the guild trader themselves. by having a weekly bidding war on them and not being able to see the other bids the greed for money became too much. so having it switched to monthly instead of weekly or being able to see the other bids might solve it to some degree.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »
    The problem with this system is its completely susceptible to market manipulation. Recently, some players took advantage of the lack of supply and the price of the maps shot up from 150k to over 400k on PC NA. A few months ago I bought the chests for 2.5 mil and now I know someone who is flipping them successfully for over 20 mil. I'm so worried about this happening with Ancestral Breton because I've wanted that motif for so long and don't want a couple of greedy and rich players to ruin it for me or anyone else. I can only hope there will be a High Isle event like the Blackwood one that will drop a lot of maps and drive the price down enough for me to buy all the Ancestral Breton motifs.

Not even market manipulation. I single-handedly screwed over the EU market on Ancestral Reach treasure maps for a couple of weeks by buying up all of the cheap ones to try and dig them up myself (I wanted to complete my antiquities, which I wouldn't get from buying the motifs). Well... by buying up all of the cheap ones immediately, the price pretty much doubled and the Blackreach maps which had gone under the radar by most jumped up to the same levels as Reach and Western Skyrim maps.
    So yeah, you don't even need to be a flipper to make the price jump up by silly amounts, just a rich person with sufficient determination and desire to own the motif.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on 20 May 2022 18:12
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is definitely a supply deficiency on treasure maps for specific zones. This one in particular is still new-ish and there hasn't been a zone event that favorably drops them in order to increase supply like some other zones. Combine this with the codex to incentivize people to collect each one themselves and a lack of curation and you get the situation we have now.

I expect nothing different at all from the new High Isle Ancestral Breton motif as prices on those maps will likely be ludicrous upon release and stay that way until something changes at some point.

I think at minimum, it would be great if curation were added to the motif lead drops. That way each player would have the full set after exactly 14 motif lead drops. This helps solve the codex situation and provide a static end point.

I would also provide these specific maps through a Blackwood/Deadlands event at some point. I expect we will see this eventually though nothing has been announced yet.

This wouldn't completely solve the issue but would probably put things in a slightly more stable condition for pricing.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    It really is annoying that they keep adding things to treasure maps of new zones but refuse to give us a reliable way of getting treasure maps for a chance of getting the lead for the right motif.
    Treasure maps should always be from the zone you are currently in, same as they've already done with the paintings.

At least none of the motifs actually look that great, even if they are better versions of the basegame motifs, so I'm happy to ignore them. Boy, I can't wait for Ancestral Bosmer and Dunmer to actually look dope only for it to be impossible to get my hands on them.

That would be such a terrible change.

For example, I have zero reason to farm Blackwood or the Deadlands for anything. But I do have reason to farm Deshaan or Bangkorai. Not being able to get treasure maps for Blackwood or Deadlands while farming in Deshaan would be awful. It would force players to stick to one zone instead of providing the options of playing other aspects of the game and getting drops for different zones.

The whole point of the Maps is to provide a reason to hop into these other zones for rewards, while doing other things in game.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone is benefiting from the current arrangement, think about how they would feel if their income dried up...or what other consequences it might have.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The real problem is the guild trader themselves. by having a weekly bidding war on them and not being able to see the other bids the greed for money became too much. so having it switched to monthly instead of weekly or being able to see the other bids might solve it to some degree.

what ?
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering they're not selling the antique motives in the shop, the whole system just seems designed to frustrate players who want to complete their collections...
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Overall, think we need more ways to get treasure maps since too many zones now so even if its RNG to get a map its gonna be double RNG to get the map we want.

I never sold any deadlands map and probably wasted 2million gold by just hoping to get a lead so I can get the codex and the motif.

So far they only drop in chests so I think would be a good idea to have zone dailies have a chance to drop their zone treasure map so at least the entire high cost will go down the drain. Or just make Treasure maps drop from dailies in general.

The ancient chests are almost 9million gold for Mora's sake so trying to save up gold to buy one is hecktic.
  • Molydeus
    Molydeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see no problem with the current arrangement.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

For example, I have zero reason to farm Blackwood or the Deadlands for anything. But I do have reason to farm Deshaan or Bangkorai. Not being able to get treasure maps for Blackwood or Deadlands while farming in Deshaan would be awful. It would force players to stick to one zone instead of providing the options of playing other aspects of the game and getting drops for different zones.

The whole point of the Maps is to provide a reason to hop into these other zones for rewards, while doing other things in game.

I'd say that would be a great change exactly because of the reasons stated. If you want to farm something specific, you know exactly where to go to farm it. Treasure maps drop from treasure chests so these are the ones you'd be on the lookout for. And if you want to complete an Ancestral motif, be it any of the ones found in the base game (Altmer, Nord, Orc), or be it Breton, Daedric, Reachmen or Akaviri, you'd always know exactly where to go and actually get it done within a reasonable amount of time.

I suppose the worst part about this proposal is that you'd suddenly have competition for treasure chests in certain zones, but that is currently already the case with treasure maps in the guild stores.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Make it where treasure maps have a 50% chance to be from a random zone and a 50% chance to be from current zone. Maybe even delay it by 6 months from release of a zone to maintain the artificial scarcity when a Chapter/DLC first drops. Do you want the latest and greatest ancestral motif and you want it now? It will take a lot of time or money. But if you are willing to wait, it will get easier to farm after 6 months.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dagoth_Rac wrote: »
    Make it where treasure maps have a 50% chance to be from a random zone and a 50% chance to be from current zone. Maybe even delay it by 6 months from release of a zone to maintain the artificial scarcity when a Chapter/DLC first drops. Do you want the latest and greatest ancestral motif and you want it now? It will take a lot of time or money. But if you are willing to wait, it will get easier to farm after 6 months.

That would totally work too. As long as you have some agency over what kind of treasure map you'll get it's good. Doesn't even need to be delayed.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Molydeus wrote: »
    I see no problem with the current arrangement.

When you want to excavate a motif for codex but have to pay 400k gold just to gamble the chance to get a lead which might not be the one you want out of the tons of possibilities.

And buying the motifs on the market is over 1million and chest is 8 million.

Do the match and you would waste almost 20million gold on just learning all the motifs............yeah big issue.
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Are maps really that much now? I paid an average of 150k per map and got all of the motifs, by digging alone, after aobut 170 maps.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are maps really that much now? I paid an average of 150k per map and got all of the motifs, by digging alone, after aobut 170 maps.

That pricing is definitely PC. On Xbox NA the deadland ones go for like 40-50k and the motifs for around 100k.

That pricing will be in the 10k range for the maps sooner than later, just like the reach and blackwood maps are now.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Maps now range from 350k to 400k.

Pain to get a map but worse to get a lead.
  • jle30303
    jle30303
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And it's BECAUSE you did that, that the price shot up... you used up maps faster than the supply could keep up with, so the price went up, even though you were buying the mpas to use rather than to flip.

The OP's point is that the supply is so low, that even one person buying the maps to use, and selling only duplicate motifs and using the non-duplicates for their own collection, will shift the price up.
    Edited by jle30303 on 22 May 2022 00:35
  • Starbridge84
    Starbridge84
    ✭✭✭
    I get a motif leads from about 1 out of 4 maps. The problem is getting the maps to the zone that you want regularly.
    If you want to see what all the craftable lights look like in ESO, use this command on PC NA.
    /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@Starbridge84", 71)

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think they should reevaluate the way treasure maps work since adding leads to them.
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaws343 wrote: »

I'd say that would be a great change exactly because of the reasons stated. If you want to farm something specific, you know exactly where to go to farm it. Treasure maps drop from treasure chests so these are the ones you'd be on the lookout for. And if you want to complete an Ancestral motif, be it any of the ones found in the base game (Altmer, Nord, Orc), or be it Breton, Daedric, Reachmen or Akaviri, you'd always know exactly where to go and actually get it done within a reasonable amount of time.

I suppose the worst part about this proposal is that you'd suddenly have competition for treasure chests in certain zones, but that is currently already the case with treasure maps in the guild stores.

Not to mention, adding more and more treasure maps to the drop list dilutes the loot table further and further.
    Imagine if all veteran dungeons had the same loot table for motifs. Good luck getting the new ones.

We had similar issues with monster set shoulders until they changed the Undaunted reward system to be more specific. The same has to happen here.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last Deadlands map I got was from the Dragonguard supply chest in Tideholm. I don’t always remember to go there, and I don’t think the rate is high, but it is possible (fwiw).
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, they went from one extreme to the other with the ancient motif styles. First they were super easy, now the latest few that have come out are impossible to get.
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implementation of the "Ancestral" motifs from Reach onward isn't just a failure of good design; it's a failure of good ethics. I remain dumbfounded that no one has lost their career (not their job but their whole dang career) for having designed something so awful and cruel.

And yet they keep doing it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • francesinhalover
    francesinhalover
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i can't believe i deleted 1 deadlands map *cries*

i lost like 35k back than
    I am @fluffypallascat pc eu if someone wants to play together
    Shadow strike is the best cp passive ever!
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Galiferno wrote: »

That is simple supply and demand. Part of the problem is these are still fairly new to the game so demand is high. Demand is always high for new items. The market is acting exactly the market should. Players need to decide between farming the items themselves or purchasing from players that are farming (or got lucky) the items. As prices increase the incentive to farm for yourself increases.
    It would be nice if the drop rates on treasure maps had a slight increase. The motifs are suppose to be rare though as they are basically a one and done item. That leads to another problem. Once a player gets theirs they often quit looking for more. Higher prices can provide players the incentive to maybe try and find an extra motif.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."