Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

If BGs rewards are changed then what do you want the most?

WordsOfPower
WordsOfPower
✭✭✭

If BGs rewards are changed then what do you want the most? 41 votes

More transmute crystals, so I don't HAVE TO do RNDs to pay for my reconstructions
46%
mmtaniacRhaegar75FirstmepAznoxseventyfivejtm1018DakkxbuzzclopsLMarshall910auzRoylunddivnyiWordsOfPowerAmerisesFeljaxAldossCameraBeardThePirateIncultaWolfDivineKitty 19 votes
Pieces from other PvP sets, such as the ones that are sold in Vlastarus or the Elite vendor
7%
WitchyWarriorCadburyxDeusEJRx 3 votes
Crafting materials
7%
Dracan_FontomOlumoGarbagMagio_ 3 votes
Motifs
12%
LoneStar2911Rishikesa108DarthCuddlefluffDem_kitkats1draigwyrdd 5 votes
Something else (please specify)
26%
chessalavakia_ESOUlfhethinn_adhyffbjjjf12jaws343ATomiX69gariondaveySkaraMinocKilianDermothNecrotech_MastermrLuckyCatDrNukenstein 11 votes
  • _adhyffbjjjf12
    _adhyffbjjjf12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Multiple layers of rewards with nice visual representations using progression ladders etc, with perhaps a small reward every 5 points and a big reward every 30 points, where you get 2 points for a win, 1 for a lose, and perhaps bonus points for TOP X in fight etc. Repeatable, and perhaps a meta where you get a major prize at 200 or something like that. This is in addition to dallies.

Rewards in itself never actual the issue, If its too much then it deflates the value of itself over time anyway. Gold, maybe an XP Scroll or 2 and perhaps a single loot box as the meta reward works fine.
    Edited by _adhyffbjjjf12 on 16 May 2022 18:30
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They really need to double the AP rewards for finishing 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

But, they also need to add additional AP rewards for different stats and medal scores. Like, every 1K medal score gets you another 1K AP, every 10 kills, another 1K AP, assists, healing done, etc. Even for medal awards as well, so that different medals, like defending a capture point, or taking one, or capturing a relic, grant AP rewards at the end of the match.

Could even use the ranking for the match as a multplier for the AP reward as well. So if your team finishes first, you get 3x AP earned, 2nd 2x, and 3rd 1x.

So, your actions during the match get rewarded proportionally with AP. You also get a larger AP reward for winning the match, on top of the winning AP reward.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More transmute crystals, so I don't HAVE TO do RNDs to pay for my reconstructions
    Crystals. Even if we take PvP rewards into account, cyro gives 50 crystals / month on every char that spent an hour in cyro. A day of BGs ~6 crystals.
  • divnyi
    divnyi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And for the love of god stop sending us letters. Just give all the BG rewards in the daily BG quest, full stop.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's some of the many problems with Battlegrounds rewards.
    • The lower end of the transmute drop range is only 1 crystal. It often takes 3+ hours to complete all 3 dailies due to bad teammate RNG. That's potentially <= 1 transmute crystal per hour.
    • Sets aren't regularly tuned. Hrothgar for example went from very popular to nobody cares and there was no correction back to a balanced state. Either fix it or stop dropping it.
    • Zero incentive to place #1 on the leaderboards. The reward is a single piece of gold quality gear with a random trait. The last time I got #1, I received a low market value Invigorating gold staff that was deconstructed for 1 rosin.
    :neutral:
    PC NA
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Random daily bg should be 10 crystals just like random dungeon
    Kills should give ap
    A ladder of rewards would be great
    More style pages, emotes, motifs, housing stuff would be amazing
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
  • KilianDermoth
    KilianDermoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of them!
  • mrLuckyCat
    Something Else : Arena gladiator proof. Cyrodiil is so broken, another way to earn that currency is needed.
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrLuckyCat wrote: »
    Something Else : Arena gladiator proof. Cyrodiil is so broken, another way to earn that currency is needed.

Also earned more than once per day too. At least 3 times, once for each type of quest that earns it. But realistically, you should be able to earn 54 a day if you somehow manage to grind out all 3 quests on 18 characters in a single day (which is incredibly unlikely).
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I like that idea, Jaws.

It's so demoralising to have to do 5x RND just to do one transmute
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    More performance based AP gains
  • Aznox
    Aznox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (a chance at) a random piece of gear that i haven't yet collected in my stickerbook.
    Aznox
    PC EU
    Khajiit Orc Bosmer Stamina Sorcerer and Werewolf Stage 3 Vampire
    I live in Battlegrounds
    Theorycrafting enthusiast
    Official Cheese Lord
    CP1500+ club
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would vote for all the above

i dislike how you dont get AP for kills earned during a BG and just get a small lump sum at the end (between 7k and 15k depending on which place your team was)

the only efficient way ive found to get AP is cyrodiil, most of my avg d-ticks or o-ticks are equal or more than what i get from a single BG + im earning AP for kills during the fight to take the keep, so in a single keep capture or defense, i can earn 3x the same AP as a single BG (assuming the keep fight is the same as a max time BG fight of 15 minutes)
    divnyi wrote: »
    And for the love of god stop sending us letters. Just give all the BG rewards in the daily BG quest, full stop.

what if your not doing a daily BG quest, how are you getting rewarded for your matches? lol
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • WordsOfPower
    WordsOfPower
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, thought I'd put this on your desk just in case. A couple of dozen opinions only, but I think it's quite clear what it spells overall.

If you're still considering "additional ways to keep Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds interesting and exciting (for example, potentially special rulesets or weekend events)", you could make a good start by having some kind of appropriate reward to incentivise BGs.
  • RitualSmoke
    RitualSmoke
    ✭✭✭
    Ive never been able to tell if your personal medal score matters, is that awarded as extra ap after? or just what your team places. because we need more performance based AP gains in BG's, it already takes years to gain GO for most players and over 6000 bg's
  • jtm1018
    jtm1018
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10 transmute crystals for the winner of any bg. This should be a guaranteed reward, not some rng reward from bg boxes. 5 for 2nd place and 1 for last place team.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Needs to drop all sets that are PVP sourced and not just specific sets. More transmute crystal is fine but we really need to have another use for them because now I just decon most I get as I have no need for them. Crafting materials bag would be nice if it includes alchemy too. Alliance Motifs would be nice. Arena gladiator proof is a good idea also.

Stay safe :)