Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tamriel Trade Center use on EU and NA

oldbobdude
oldbobdude
✭✭✭✭
I play mainly on NA and have always used TTC and Awesome Guild store addons as my trading backbone. Recently I started playin on EU fairly often. Occasionally the TTC desktop client will ask me to restart since I’ve changed servers. It doesn’t do that all he time though and I do not believe I have EU prices reflected. I have not found a setting that can be changed for the server you’re on either.

Does anybody else play both servers and trade on both using TTC? Is there a secret I haven’t figured out?
Edited by ZOS_Volpe on 12 May 2022 12:01
  • proprio.meb16_ESO
    proprio.meb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You maybe want yo post this on the addons forum, or even better on esoui ttc page... its more probable you get a specific answer.

I play on just one server so cant tell much more, but ive noticed the most recent version of ttc has splitted its price lists into two different files, one for eu and one for na, so maybe you could also check if something changes updating the addon
    Edited by proprio.meb16_ESO on 12 May 2022 12:01
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oldbobdude wrote: »
    [...]I have not found a setting that can be changed for the server you’re on either.[...]
    TTC doesn't have setting for that, it checks your UserSettings.txt to determine your server ("SET LastPlatform" and/or "SET LastRealm").

I'd suggest closing TTC when switching between servers, then turning it back on when you're on character selection screen.
    Edited by perfiction on 12 May 2022 15:58
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    I'd suggest closing TTC when switching between servers, then turning it back on when you're on character selection screen.

Thank you, I will try that. Do you know if the “price table” is a call back to TTC web site or is it a local file downloaded on startup? If local file do you know the name?
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    The TTC client was modified last month to be able to switch server on login according to comment page on esoui.

I did find the price tables and both EU and NA are on my PC. Thank you for both helpful replies.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The page on esoui.com for TTC said they were going to enable storing data for both servers for those who had characters on both. I am not sure if/when that will be in place.

I definitely want it!
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is in place @FlopsyPrince.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is in place @FlopsyPrince.

Great to know!

Do I have to quit everything to reload the data? Just leave the active game? Quit the launcher?

I am still a bit fuzzy on that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    The 2 price tables are on your machine. When you login to NA or EU the appropriate price table is loaded. That price table could be the previous days table until you reloadui when the client will update the table. So just logout and login. No need to do anything with launcher.

That’s my understanding and seems to be working ok for me. I went on EU and checked a half dozen items, then logged onto NA and checked the same items. EU prices were 20% (+/-) lower than the NA prices.

I’ve been selling on both for a while now
    Edited by oldbobdude on 23 May 2022 14:17
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So I can sit at the login screen, run the TTC app, and have the latest data on next server login (or is it character login, a screen later?)?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never login to a mega server without also logging into a character so not sure but that is my understanding. I don’t know how you would know what TTC prices are until you login a character.

It is supposed to be at whatever point the “realm” changes in user settings.txt I believe.
    Edited by oldbobdude on 23 May 2022 22:13
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I never login to a mega server without also logging into a character so not sure but that is my understanding. I don’t know how you would know what TTC prices are until you login a character.

It is supposed to be at whatever point the “realm” changes in user settings.txt I believe.

No, I mean exactly where can I be in the game loading process and run the separate TTC app to update prices?

I am fairly sure I have to be logged out, but does that mean completely off the game, on the character load screen, on the login screen, in the launcher or absolutely nothing running.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a discussion on esoui about this with the addon author contributing. Here is what I have been doing since May 12th:

1. TTC windows client running on desktop
    2. Login to NA server and character. NA prices.
    3. Logout and login another NA character. NA prices.
    4. Logout to character load screen, hit back and select EU server
    5. Login to EU server
    6. Login character. EU prices.
    7. Rinse and repeat.

I tested this on a half dozen or so items that were in inventory on multiple characters for NA and EU. I never stopped or started any TTC outside of normal game play except start on boot TTC desktop client.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is a discussion on esoui about this with the addon author contributing. Here is what I have been doing since May 12th:

1. TTC windows client running on desktop
    2. Login to NA server and character. NA prices.
    3. Logout and login another NA character. NA prices.
    4. Logout to character load screen, hit back and select EU server
    5. Login to EU server
    6. Login character. EU prices.
    7. Rinse and repeat.

I tested this on a half dozen or so items that were in inventory on multiple characters for NA and EU. I never stopped or started any TTC outside of normal game play except start on boot TTC desktop client.

I am not sure what you are selecting there. I don't see any config options for the server in the TTC addon settings.

That said, don't you have to run the standalone app at times?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m selecting EU server on the login screen. The change is entirely automatic. No changes to addon settings are needed and you don’t have to restart the windows client.

The caveat is that you may have yesterdays price table. This quote is from the author in the esoui discussion:

"TTC client has been refactored such that you dont need to restart on server switch and it will update the price table on server switch. But with the same catch as before where I can't predict which server you will be playing on so the the price table update will happen after you have logged in. But this way at least you will have the price table from yesterday loaded and today's one will be loaded after reloadUI”
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So the separate app is no longer needed? Just do a /reloadui after logging in?
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭
    You still need the windows client running but you don’t have to restart it. Just login to the other server and do a reloadui if yesterdays prices are not good for you.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You still need the windows client running but you don’t have to restart it. Just login to the other server and do a reloadui if yesterdays prices are not good for you.

I mean this one:

"C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\TamrielTradeCentre\Client\Client.exe"

Not the ESO client.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jus a hint:
    C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\

It is a common problem that ESO is not working properly if you add your documents folder to OneDrive backup!
    If you experience any missing/wrong addon files or ingame missing settings and error messages disable this document backup at OneDrive settings so that ESO is properly able to find your data in:

"C:\Users\USER\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    without that Onedrive subfolder

The errors you could experience are:
    Missing addons ingame
    Missing addon settings ingame
    Addon settings not saved properly
    Error messages ingame
    Edited by Baertram on 25 May 2022 14:11
  • oldbobdude
    oldbobdude
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean this one:

"C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns\TamrielTradeCentre\Client\Client.exe"

Not the ESO client.

I said “windows client”. That is the windows client. Configure it to start on boot. That’s all you have to do. I don’t have any idea about the windows client being on onedrive.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    Jus a hint:
    C:\Users\USER\OneDrive\Documents\

It is a common problem that ESO is not working properly if you add your documents folder to OneDrive backup!
    If you experience any missing/wrong addon files or ingame missing settings and error messages disable this document backup at OneDrive settings so that ESO is properly able to find your data in:

"C:\Users\USER\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live
    without that Onedrive subfolder

The errors you could experience are:
    Missing addons ingame
    Missing addon settings ingame
    Addon settings not saved properly
    Error messages ingame

I believe my setup is the default. I do not recall setting anything specific there. I may try to adjust things if I see odd issues that only I see.
    PC
    PS4/PS5