The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

TTC Add-On on Mac

Squatch4x4
Does anyone have TTC add-on running successfully on their Mac client? I'm trying to use the TTC web client, but the game doesn't recognize anything. I'm okay with updating the files periodically as required.

I have this running on my Windows machine but I hardly play on there. Would rather have this on my MacBook but can't seem to get it going.

Thanks
Edited by ZOS_Exile on 21 April 2022 12:17
  • boramil
    boramil
    You should also install the TTCMac add-on. It's a separate application that you run before you log in to ESO. Run it and it prompts you to select your server (EU or NA). Hit 'Import' and it pulls in the current TTC data. Then, just run ESO like normal.
  • ZOS_Exile
    ZOS_Exile
    admin
    Hello,

We decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for the topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Squatch4x4
    boramil wrote: »
    You should also install the TTCMac add-on. It's a separate application that you run before you log in to ESO. Run it and it prompts you to select your server (EU or NA). Hit 'Import' and it pulls in the current TTC data. Then, just run ESO like normal.

Thanks, I've seen that but it doesn't have any reviews or anything on esoui. Would prefer not to give it permissions to my entire "Documents" folder. Can I specify only the ESO folder?

Anyone have any success with the web client?
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The win and mac addons can be used and they do not need any access to your whole documents folder?
    They only need access to /documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter and documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons/SavedVariables
    Not 100% sure about the Mac version but it should work similar like the PC version:

The client.exe in that addon folder is run once before game starts. It will download the PriceData.lua file and update it in the live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter folder AND update the live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua file with the info which PriceData.lua file versin it has downloaded from the TTC website.

You are also able to download these price files manually from the website afaik so you do not even need to run the client.exe to get the prices.
    Edit:
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/download/PriceTable
    For EU server PC
    Else change the eu to us

Put that downloaded price file to your live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter folder overwriting the old one AND make sure ESO was not running at the time you did this!!!

You'd only need it to run after the game so it reads your file live/SavedVariables/TamrielTradeCenter.lua for your new listed items (if you have enabled this in the TTC settings at the client and ingame in the addon settings) and it will push your listings to the TTC website then so others can find it.

Same can be done via the WebClient file upload, so no need to run the client.exe file (or mac's .dmg file or whatever it comes for mac).
    Edited by Baertram on 24 April 2022 12:04
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Baertram wrote: »
    You are also able to download these price files manually from the website afaik so you do not even need to run the client.exe to get the prices.
    Edit:
    https://eu.tamrieltradecentre.com/download/PriceTable
    For EU server PC
    Else change the eu to us

Put that downloaded price file to your live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter folder overwriting the old one AND make sure ESO was not running at the time you did this!!!
    I used to do something similar on mac since I didn't want an unknown app running in the background - You can use the built-in scripting program called Automator to automatically download the latest info from ttc, then extract it to the TTC addon folder. Alternatively, a bash/shell script could work just as well if you know a bit more about the UNIX terminal.

I've never used the mac client app for ttc, so idk if you are able to set it to only have perms to the ESO folder, maybe this is possible through a chmod or chown command?

Edited by M0R_Gaming on 24 April 2022 14:24
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Squatch4x4
    It looks like someone wrote a Mac app for TTC,

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3067-TTCmac.html

However, they mention sharing the "Documents" folder and not just the ESO live folder. So not sure what's going on there.

Even now the game is not recognizing the add on when it's running. I would have expected it to tell me I'm missing a dependency or it's out of date or something. There doesn't look to me a MAC and PC specific zip to download from TTC. Maybe I need to do something to kick start it?
  • M0R_Gaming
    M0R_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    Squatch4x4 wrote: »
    It looks like someone wrote a Mac app for TTC,

https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3067-TTCmac.html

However, they mention sharing the "Documents" folder and not just the ESO live folder. So not sure what's going on there.

Even now the game is not recognizing the add on when it's running. I would have expected it to tell me I'm missing a dependency or it's out of date or something. There doesn't look to me a MAC and PC specific zip to download from TTC. Maybe I need to do something to kick start it?

TTCmac is not a traditional addon, it only includes an app which you can run to update the TTC. To use the app, you need to open the ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/live/Addons/TTCmac folder and extract the TTCmac.app from the client.dmg file to wherever you like (double click the client.dmg file).
    After you extract the TTCmac.app file, you can run it and it will allow you to update the price table for TTC.
    • PC/NA - PvP/PvE AD Magsorc main
    • Former Emp, All HMs but DSR
    My addons
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are not sure where at the mac the addon's folder is try to take an ingame screenshot a ESO and watch the folder written there at the top right edge of your screen.
    It should shows you the folder.../.../Screenshots, and the folder above there needs to be the /AddOns/ folder normally, where TTC addon etc. need to be extracted to. Watch the extraction so that ONLY the foldername in /AddOns/ exists that is the same as the addon's .txt filename!
    If the zip filename is e.g. TamrielTradeCenterAddonV1_2.zip you must not create a folder with that name in your live/AddOns/ folder!

e.g. TamrielTradeCenter.txt -> live/AddOns/TamrielTradeCenter/ -> .txt file here, and other addon related folders and files too!
    Same for the dependencies. Install them once directly to live/AddOns and let their txt files be detected properly from there
    Edited by Baertram on 26 April 2022 19:56