The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Came in 3rd three times in a row

Mulgorrah
Mulgorrah
✭✭
I come on to get the daily 100k daily xp from bgs, and used to enjoy the bg at the same time. Now I get on and I'm consistently coming in 3rd every single match. I'm not a *** who is going to keep playing a game hoping to get a second place win, when I've already lost 3 times and wasted my time. This *** shouldn't happen. There are so many broken factors to bgs, that I'm really glad I unsubbed a couple of weeks ago. ZOS doesn't listen to things like, "please nerf whirling blades" or "poisons are super op". So what's the point?
  • charlieb
    charlieb
    ✭✭✭
    “I didn’t win, ZoS sucks.”

Get better at the game and you’ll win more probs.
  • Cuddlypuff
    Cuddlypuff
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's just as boring coming 1st and 2nd in BG tbh.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A significant portion of the playerbase doesn't care at all about objectives. Consistently placing 3rd is normal.

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 4 April 2022 19:14
    PC NA
  • Dem_kitkats1
    Dem_kitkats1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of all of things to be mad about you chose whirling blades and poisons? That's an interesting take... If you PvP for the XP only, then simply collect the objectives, because that seems to be the only thing that matters to win a match. This is PvP after all so don't expect players to just let you take them. So you do need learn and adjust if you're not succeeding. PvP success isn't necessarily based on standings anyway.
    Edited by Dem_kitkats1 on 4 April 2022 19:58
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what OP is upset about.

If you do well, you move up in the standings and then fight "better" opponents. Eventually you will start to top out in terms of your play skill, so you need to review your sets, patterns and so on. What was one week's top build suffers from random stealth nerfs the next week.

I do get that it's frustrating to "not win"

I'm just happy if I can figure out how to play the various games.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SkaraMinoc wrote: »
    A significant portion of the playerbase doesn't care at all about objectives. Consistently placing 3rd is normal.

Considering only 1/3 of groups can place third it is statistically not normal. It is just as much of a chance a group will place first or second and has nothing to do with how many were interested in playing objectives. Heck, if it were true that such a significant number of players were not interested in playing objectives then it would be easier to win by doing some of the objectives.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If coming in 3rd got players the 100k XP, people would would queue into the battleground and then AFK. Which would make playing battlegrounds an even worse experience.
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

Considering only 1/3 of groups can place third it is statistically not normal. It is just as much of a chance a group will place first or second and has nothing to do with how many were interested in playing objectives. Heck, if it were true that such a significant number of players were not interested in playing objectives then it would be easier to win by doing some of the objectives.

I see the confusion. It sounds like my original reply was "only placing 3rd is normal". That's not the case obviously.

Solo Random teams are a complete dice roll and you have roughly an equal chance of placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

I uninstalled PvP Meter but I get results like this all the time.

3rd place
    3rd place
    3rd place
    2nd place
    3rd place
    2nd place
    2nd place
    2nd place
    1st place
    1st place
    1st place
    1st place

I've spent 4+ hours trying to get the Daily XP 3 wins because of bad team composition.

My favorite is 3 healers on the same team running The Ritual and nobody wants to die and switch builds :smiley:

Edited by SkaraMinoc on 4 April 2022 20:40
    PC NA
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amottica wrote: »

I see the confusion. It sounds like my original reply was "only placing 3rd is normal". That's not the case obviously.

Solo Random teams are a complete dice roll and you have roughly an equal chance of placing 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

I uninstalled PvP Meter but I get results like this all the time.

3rd place
    3rd place
    3rd place
    2nd place
    3rd place
    2nd place
    2nd place
    2nd place
    1st place
    1st place
    1st place
    1st place

I've spent 4+ hours trying to get the Daily XP 3 wins because of bad team composition.

My favorite is 3 healers on the same team running The Ritual and nobody wants to die and switch builds :smiley:

When queueing solo for anything it is a dice roll of what you will get for a group. It is the worst way to PvP, or PvE.
  • Iriidius
    Iriidius
    ✭✭✭
    If you queue for a battleground and stay afk you get removed from the battleground for inactivity. If i had a disconnect and relogg i also always det removed even if i was inactive less than a minute/the game said i couldnt relogg because i am still logged in. Everybody that participated and tried to win should get the reward. Players that loose have to play multiple battlegrounds atm, increase their MMR higher and will loose even more fights.
  • mmtaniac
    mmtaniac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Become better at game ,make build , learn how to fight. I like objective modes too but at the same time i love winning those matches , this means skills in fighting can help too you can just take flag from others when they stay on them and go to another. Only running is ok tactic sometimes(when you or your team can't kill anyone) , but not always.
  • TheHeroCat
    TheHeroCat
    ✭✭✭
    I understand! losing over and over again and not getting your daily xp is frustrating, But i believe in you! oh and also try to queue with friends! they're more reliable then randos. :)
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    I'm not sure what OP is upset about.

If you do well, you move up in the standings and then fight "better" opponents. Eventually you will start to top out in terms of your play skill, so you need to review your sets, patterns and so on. What was one week's top build suffers from random stealth nerfs the next week.

I do get that it's frustrating to "not win"

I'm just happy if I can figure out how to play the various games.

This isn't true though. There is no ELO besides what basically amounts to the number of games played.