Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Official Discussion Thread for March 2022 Explorer’s Celebration In-game Event!

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
cg4nufrg9lat.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "Enjoy Bonus Gold, XP & More during the Explorer’s Celebration In-game Event!"

Pack your bags and get adventurin’ because for the next six days you can earn bonus XP, gold rewards, and resource node drops across Tamriel during the Explorer’s Celebration!
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

And what about PvP? We were promised special events for them by Matt Firor in his January post but have so far had nothing other than the normal Midyear Mayhem in February.

It's time for an update and something special for PvP.

• wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Are survey resource nodes included in the increase? They are not mentioned in the article as excluded
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to look a gift horse too closely in the mouth, but limited time events like this should really be included on that calendar or get a little more forewarning so that players and guilds can plan ahead. Even just a heads-up post if you don't want to "schedule" it.

Just because smaller game events like this don't give out tickets doesn't mean that players don't deserve notice once the Devs have decided to run the event.
    Edited by VaranisArano on 17 March 2022 16:14
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    @VaranisArano Thanks for the feedback here. We are going to have a poll up in the next day or so to ask about this. We like to get feedback for future events if surprises like this are wanted.

@wolfie1.0. Just checked in on this. Survey resource nodes are not included in the increase.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quite a coincidence, having a previously unannounced special event the same week as an Update launched - and which proved unpopular with the base game changes discouraging a lot of players from logging in.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    VaranisArano Thanks for the feedback here. We are going to have a poll up in the next day or so to ask about this. We like to get feedback for future events if surprises like this are wanted.

wolfie1.0. Just checked in on this. Survey resource nodes are not included in the increase.

Good idea! After all, I'm only one person, so if more folks like being surprised, I'll deal. :lol:
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano Thanks for the feedback here. We are going to have a poll up in the next day or so to ask about this. We like to get feedback for future events if surprises like this are wanted.

@wolfie1.0. Just checked in on this. Survey resource nodes are not included in the increase.

Thank you. For the future I suggest making sure you include it in the list of exceptions. If it's not there then assumptions are made. Also it would be nice to have a double fishing event sometime.

As to the notification of events. I for one would like advanced notice on all of them. Even if its just a quick blurb in the crown showcase announcement for the ones we absolutely know are coming.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Thank you. For the future I suggest making sure you include it in the list of exceptions. If it's not there then assumptions are made. Also it would be nice to have a double fishing event sometime.

+1 both of these. Fishing never seems to get enough love.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Thanks for the feedback, @wolfie1.0. , @WhiteCoatSyndrome, and @VaranisArano. We'll pass this along and work on a poll to get feedback specifically on surprise events. That feedback will be helpful when talking about future Explorer's Celebration events.
    Staff Post
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

Clearly you are reading this thread as you responded to the two questions after mine. However, mine you ignored.

That tells me all I need to know about what is thought about PvP in this game, and throws massive doubt onto Matt Firors statement being anything other than hot air. It's a shame as PvP in this game can be incredible but once more it's being ignored in favour of PvE despite the promise of special events.

So, when can we expect something related to PvP (and I'm excluding Midyear Mayhem) as was promised?

The PvP thread is being ignored, any questions about PvP get ignored. We get another PvE ad hoc event with no PvP element.

Would it have hurt you to make it double AP along with double XP?
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    From https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Explorer's_Celebration:
    uespwiki wrote:
    The Explorer's Celebration ran again from October 12th to October 20th as a reward for the community completing a bonus challenge during the Bounties of Blackwood event.

The 2021 Explorer's Celebration ran from May 13th to May 20th to promote leveling up a character for the upcoming Blackwood Chapter.

The first Explorer's Celebration was an event that ran briefly in 2020, starting November 12th and ending on November 16th. It was announced on November 11th, 2020.

Wonder what that page will have to say about this event? Other than what @Tandor has already alluded to, that is.

What's to explore? All my characters will, if I log in, have already explored pretty much everything without every setting virtual foot anywhere.

No thanks.
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exp from master writs is also doubled?
  • Fennwitty
    Fennwitty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What I say can be perceived as extremely cynical, I am not saying it for that purpose or as a conspiracy theory.

The Explorer's Celebration 'surprise' event usually happens almost immediately following a problematic patch or controversial change to the game.

It may simply be coincidence, but that's how the timing works out if you compare the Explorer's Celebration dates vs. against particularly heated patch cycles.

Some players now perceive the Explorer's Celebration as an 'apology' event. Since it's not announced in advance, the possibility appears plausible.

If that's true, there's missed opportunity to brand this as more about rewarding player loyalty etc. If it's not true, the optics of event scheduling should be more carefully considered.
    PC NA
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

It's now March 18th.

I asked my question on March 17th.

Other questions asked on March 17th were answered

There is still no answer as to why there is no double AP or anything else for PvPers in this event.

Why not?
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fennwitty wrote: »

The Explorer's Celebration 'surprise' event usually happens almost immediately following a problematic patch or controversial change to the game. It may simply be coincidence, but that's how the timing works out

Some players now perceive the Explorer's Celebration as an 'apology' event.<small snip>

If that's true, there's missed opportunity to brand this as more about rewarding player loyalty .

I hadn't thought about it that way, but that's quite a good idea, and could generate some goodwill
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Kesstryl
    Kesstryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish I could enjoy this event. It is difficult to be not skeptical, but giving ZOS the benefit of the doubt, even if the event is done in goodwill, I would much rather have communication about the bugs that came with AwA and assurances that they will be looked into, addressed, acknowledged<--pick any of these. That would do far more for me than a surprise event, one which I'm not playing because I still can't bring myself to log into my characters. I've already dabbled in another MMO that I've played previously, and I'm still on PTS because whatever I do there is not permanent and somehow that feels safer to me right now. Please, ZOS, seriously look at the concerns and problems players are having with AwW and communicate with us about them.

edited for clarity
    Edited by Kesstryl on 18 March 2022 11:02
    HEARTHLIGHT - A guild for housing enthusiasts! Contact @Kesstryl in-game to join.
  • Brightuatha
    Brightuatha
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the surprise! Thank you!!
  • Vonkarolinas
    Vonkarolinas
    ✭✭✭
    hafgood wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin

It's now March 18th.

There is still no answer as to why there is no double AP or anything else for PvPers in this event.

Why not?

Because it is a general XP event, not an AP event. To answer your previous question, he didn't answer you, most likely because there was nothing relevant to answer. You were asking about Matt's January statement about upcoming PVP events. It's been literally just about 3 months give or take since that statement, quit making it out as if they have lied. They never said the PVP event was coming before April, did they? If it was 8 months later, then your questions would merit some response, but it's been half a heartbeat since they said the PVP events were coming. Patience is a virtue.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin

It's now March 18th.

Why not?

Because it is a general XP event, not an AP event. To answer your previous question, he didn't answer you, most likely because there was nothing relevant to answer. You were asking about Matt's January statement about upcoming PVP events. It's been literally just about 3 months give or take since that statement, quit making it out as if they have lied. They never said the PVP event was coming before April, did they? If it was 8 months later, then your questions would merit some response, but it's been half a heartbeat since they said the PVP events were coming. Patience is a virtue.

Oh right, so because it's a double XP event it can't have double AP as well??? Why not? Why does it have to be PvE only? Why can't it have a PvP element? And why can't we challenge them?

Oh and yes it's now 2 months since that statement and nothing since. Any questions around PvP on the forum are ignored, and I mean any question.

So what does that tell you?

It suggests they haven't a clue where they are going with PvP and the statement was smoke and mirrors. I hope it wasn't but some kind of update is overdue.

And regarding this event there is no reason why AP couldn't have been doubled, but no one is willing to say why it wasn't.

And please don't trot out the "it's the explorers event" excuse. People accept that because they have been conditioned to accept that. I'm just challenging that conditioning and thinking outside the Zos box
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You act like you would’ve been able to really take advantage of double AP this past week anyway. Don’t you remember how terrible the performance was? I think you would’ve been even more upset if they had also offered double AP and not been able to take advantage of it due to the terrible shape the server was in.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You act like you would’ve been able to really take advantage of double AP this past week anyway. Don’t you remember how terrible the performance was? I think you would’ve been even more upset if they had also offered double AP and not been able to take advantage of it due to the terrible shape the server was in.

We don't all play NA PC, there are other platforms and servers....

I play on EU PS and we have yet to have the update drop, so I would have been able to take advantage of it....
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't all play NA PC, there are other platforms and servers....

I play on EU PS and we have yet to have the update drop, so I would have been able to take advantage of it....

Still. Not every event needs to cater to every type of player. I definitely don’t complain about pvp oriented events that don’t give me double nodes. :*
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, and I agree the ticket giving events should be focused on activities relating to them. This one however is a bribe for poor performance, therefore it should be a bribe across everything not just PvE