The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there a block personal info addon for video recording? (See text)

BlueRaven
BlueRaven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
So I want to make youtube videos of house builds, but many times when I go to place an object, the house info screen pops up and that shows my in game "@" name on it. Is there an addon that blocks that panel from showing up? Or at least the game handle?

I am NOT trying to block my "@" name from other players, I just want to suppress it during a recording.
Edited by BlueRaven on 17 March 2022 00:43
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no way to achieve this easily as the function GetDisplayName() returns your "@accountName" as string and is used in the vanilla UI, your saved game, saved addon data and all kind of other checks too!
    So if you change that it wil msot likely break your game and saved data.

Either find out where exactly it is shown and make a list so one could find out via inspection tools like merTorchbug or ZGOO which elements/controls are showing it, and modify it at the controls somehow (if possible -> much effort and time needed :-( ) or more easy would be some post processing of the video with any anomyzer video software where you pixel the occurences after recording.
  • vsrs_au
    vsrs_au
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some online tools can do this, just search for something like "youtube block personal info in video" or "youtube blur in video"
    Edited by vsrs_au on 3 May 2022 05:11
    PC(Steam) / EU / play from Melbourne, Australia / avg ping 390
  • Theutus
    Theutus
    ✭✭
    Make an overlay that covers those parts of the screen
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vsrs_au wrote: »
    Some online tools can do this, just search for something like "youtube block personal info in video" or "youtube blur in video"
    Theutus wrote: »
    Make an overlay that covers those parts of the screen

I tried that, but the floating box or blur midway up on the left looks distracting and just ugly to me.

I still really would love to do a YouTube channel about house building, but until I can solve this issue in a more elegant fashion it’s on permanent hold.

Edited by BlueRaven on 12 June 2022 10:18
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't expect any addon to solve this, it's just too much work and not even possible at some controls.
    I think video watching ppl are used to the overlays and the boxes hiding stuff, and you are the only one getting disturbed by it ;-)
    I'd not wait for something that will never happen in the next years and just continue.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just so we are all on the same page. It was this ID that I am specifically talking about.

sf2rdrndwk1c.png

I have it hidden here by a red box. But this is the ID indicator that is what I am looking to solve. Even blocking ALL of the "house information" window from showing up would be fine.
    Edited by BlueRaven on 16 June 2022 12:52
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now as you are more precise (you talked about your @account name before and I understood you want to block it everywhere in the games UI) I'll have a look.
    You should have posted that Screenshot in the beginning :#

General hacky idea:
    Install merTorchbug addon, it's a dev tool so manually install it, Minion might not allow it.

Move your mouse above the control you want to hide, and type /tbm in chat and press return. Or define a keybind for merTorchbug "control below mouse cursor".
    An inspector window will open and show you the control you got the mouse cursor above. H in the nt: GuiRoot is the base root control do not use or change it! Sometimes controls cannot be found that easily and then GuiRoot is just found...

At the inspector of the control there are keys at the left and values at the right. One of the top keys should say "hidden". Double click that to change it from false (not hidden) to true (hidden).
    That way it should stay hidden until next reloadui (but not all controls do that, some get unhidden by vanilla game code as you open menus etc.).
    Edited by Baertram on 20 June 2022 10:19
  • FrumpyCourage
    FrumpyCourage
    ✭✭
    It is a matter of editing the end product. Just look at the vids of some other people that do similar things to get an idea - that's what I did when I had a similar project going and it lead me to learn how to edit videos like a semi-pro. There are plenty of tutorials out there to show you how once you decided on your style.
    "You insisted on fighting, do not resent me for dying."