The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

POLL ** Vampire Scion** I messed up on 1st one :P

Glacku808
Glacku808
✭✭✭
I messed up in my "poll" since there was no poll, yet its already been viewed by 3k ppl - embarrassing.
Yet I still think a poll would be nice to see where people stand

Feel free to comment as well! But there is already another "poll" where folks are writing, the one I messed up on :P - may be more organized to leave a comment there.

But do vote - want to see numbers :):):)

POLL ** Vampire Scion** I messed up on 1st one :P 55 votes

No more changing Vampires
14%
woeTyharOdovacarDrammanothAardappelboomedward_frigidhandsbugDragonlord573 8 votes
I enjoy the Vampire Scion as is
0%
Could use an improvement on its abilities (Invisibility, skills, passives)
10%
GedericAlexiumNarvuntienSydneyGreySmokyfrancesinhalover 6 votes
Could use an improvement on its appearance (Wings, ability to fly/hover, RP skin option)
7%
VevvevNotaDaedraWorshipperSylaeschoober 4 votes
Could use an improvement on how long it lasts (Be more akin to werewolf, more places/times ways for Scion to be up)
14%
Ragged_ClawMmmmTofudrsalvationJim_PippDrdeath20StyxiusZeroDPSSkaraMinoc 8 votes
Options 3, 4 and 5
52%
DeathStalkerSoulshinepriestnall.andrewrwb17_ESOElvenheartfeyiiMayraelMNZFeb14NightlordBloodyLadyCameron991VindoldArtim_XMichaelkeirXaricospartaxoxoUmbro100Sephyrnorthwest01Glacku808HoneyBunBadgers 29 votes
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could use an improvement on how long it lasts (Be more akin to werewolf, more places/times ways for Scion to be up)
    One morph should be less powerful but with an indefinite duration.

It's weird that vampires are a staple of other elder scrolls games, but mostly rubbish in this game. Another full rework is needed.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could use an improvement on its appearance (Wings, ability to fly/hover, RP skin option)
    Should look as strong as it is, because right now it looks ridiculously stupid and nothing like a vampire. More like a Daedra and the looks are so underwhelming compared to what you can do while in the form. Whenever I'm outnumbered in PvP and pop Swarming Scion I can actually take on far more people than I traditionally could otherwise.
    Edited by Vevvev on 19 January 2022 02:08
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Nightlord
    Nightlord
    ✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    I'd like to see a cosmetic change for Scion in morphs.
    Perfect Scion being aligned with Lamae Bal
    Swarming Scion could be the original Vampire Lord look, a morph choosing to re-align vampirism with Molag Bal.

I'd also like to see the transformation in general, to be able to self sustain like werewolves, who can virtually stay werewolf forever as long as they keep in combat.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    I absolutely despise the current state of vampires. Please change everything
    Edited by DeathStalker on 19 January 2022 19:16
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What if they overhauled Vampirism like this:

Stage 1 - No Vampire Abilities
    Stage 2 - Replaces your first class Skill line
    Stage 3 - Replaces your first and second class Skill line
    Stage 4 - Replaces all your class skill lines

Vampires would get 2 more skill lines and the existing one would be altered.

Blood Magic

Ultimate - Summon Gargoyle > Summons a Gargoyle, similar to the Colossus Ult with less damage but lasts longer
    Ability 1 - Eviscerate > Same as it currently is but Arterial Burst gains range
    Ability 2 - Vampiric Drain > Same as it currently is but functions as an execute dealing more damage the less health.
    Ability 3 - Blood Bomb > Cast a ball of blood at the targeted area, after 2 seconds explodes dealing AOE damage.
    Ability 4 - Sanguine Curse > Deals DOT Damage and applies Minor Lifesteal
    Ability 5 - Vampiric Grip > Pulls enemy towards Vampire and stuns them, heals Vampire for every second they are stunned

Night Powers

Ultimate - Bat Swarm > Surround yourself in a swarm of bats for 6 seconds.
    Ability 1 - Bats > Transform into a swarm of bats and dash forward, similar to streak but drains health instead of stuns.
    Ability 2 - Mist Form > It works in PvE again, if too OP then make it at least apply a 30% damage reduction.
    Ability 3 - Mesmerize > In addition to current effects can also be used to feed on people in combat for non-stealth users.
    Ability 4 - Supernatural Reflexes > Grants Major Evasion and increases Physical and Spell Penetration.
    Ability 5 - ???????

Vampire Scion

Ultimate - Blood Scion > Perfect Scion is base, one morph lets you lunge at enemies, the other increases duration.
    Ability 1 - Blood Frenzy > Same as it currently is, maybe reduce the cost increase from 20% to 10%
    Ability 2 - Servitude > Summons a Vampire Spellcaster > Basically a pet who lasts for 20 seconds, attacks restore your health.
    Ability 3 - Regeneration > Vampire Healing ability, maybe works similar to Necromancer heal but a heal over time instead.
    Ability 4 - ???????
    Ability 5 - ???????

Something like that, those with ?????? are ideas I cannot come up with.
    Edited by TX12001rwb17_ESO on 19 January 2022 23:39
  • ashadris
    ashadris
    ✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    We need a major vamp revamp, debuffs need to be gone and add some ranged abilities while at it
  • MNZFeb14
    MNZFeb14
    ✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    i'd just really like the old swarm back... with no transform. as a morph or as suggested times before as a separate bloodline maybe, together with stage progression. Current ult is ugly as, cartoonish and silly. well, so is the whole skillline nowadays tbh
  • Dragonlord573
    Dragonlord573
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No more changing Vampires
    I don't even use it. I'm a fashion > being efficient kind of player, and turning into an ugly bat monster doesn't fit my vampires appearance wise or role play wise for who that character is. Would rather have the old bat swarm back. The vampire in Dragonstar Arena having it just urks me cause we could still have it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the option to get rid of vampire scion completely! :persevere: I want the old bat swarm back.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on 20 January 2022 12:56
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »

It's weird that vampires are a staple of other elder scrolls games, but mostly rubbish in this game. Another full rework is needed.
    Yeah I had a similar suggestion at the time of the rework.

They should have put the Blood Frenzy skill into the Perfect Scion morph, so that in that form you get stronger but continuously lose HP. As long as you can keep your HP over a certain threshold, you can stay in that form indefinitely. It's quite similar to Werewolf in that you probably need to stay in combat/aggressive, but with a twist.

Putting Blood Frenzy on an ultimate would also free up another skill slot for a proper vampire skill.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Glacku808
    Glacku808
    ✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    Throwing my own 2 cents in :pensive:

I'd prefer a Vampire Lord form with wings, that can hover and last either as long as I want or through feeding.

I want to be able to play as the Vampire Lord Skulking about Tamriel

Love the feeding animations, I think its the best bit

I love a character that lives in disguise, some sort of nice sweet pretty merchant by day, but Vampire Lord by night.

I would love even just a skin, I don't need buffs or debuffs, just the aesthetic of the Vampire Lord
  • Smoky
    Smoky
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see the Vampire line operate like the Werewolf so you would have a 3rd ability bar but unlike the Werewolf have it set for use when say stage 3 & 4 (or even just stage 4 to give that stage special purpose)this would make been different stages a genuine choice not a compromise IMO.
  • drsalvation
    drsalvation
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vamps should have stage 0: No vampire skills could be used in stage 0, but your skin looks normal (with red eyes), and you don't get any vampire nerfs either... in other words, completely deactivate vampirism without losing the curse.

Scion: The bats morph is fine as it is (assuming it heals, if not, it should), but the stage 5 morph? It's pretty lame and useless, that morph should be the base skill (and still be active with the bats morph). And instead make the second morph have an indefinite duration like werewolf, which could be sustained.
    Otherwise, Scion is like a nerfed down version of the necromancer transformations, they do pretty much the same, and it's more of a "what do I want to look like? A skeleton, or a vampire?" kind of ordeal when playing with a vampire necromancer.
  • Cameron991
    Cameron991
    ✭✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    What if they overhauled Vampirism like this:

Stage 1 - No Vampire Abilities
    Stage 2 - Replaces your first class Skill line
    Stage 3 - Replaces your first and second class Skill line
    Stage 4 - Replaces all your class skill lines

Vampires would get 2 more skill lines and the existing one would be altered.

Blood Magic

Ultimate - Summon Gargoyle > Summons a Gargoyle, similar to the Colossus Ult with less damage but lasts longer
    Ability 1 - Eviscerate > Same as it currently is but Arterial Burst gains range
    Ability 2 - Vampiric Drain > Same as it currently is but functions as an execute dealing more damage the less health.
    Ability 3 - Blood Bomb > Cast a ball of blood at the targeted area, after 2 seconds explodes dealing AOE damage.
    Ability 4 - Sanguine Curse > Deals DOT Damage and applies Minor Lifesteal
    Ability 5 - Vampiric Grip > Pulls enemy towards Vampire and stuns them, heals Vampire for every second they are stunned

Night Powers

Ultimate - Bat Swarm > Surround yourself in a swarm of bats for 6 seconds.
    Ability 1 - Bats > Transform into a swarm of bats and dash forward, similar to streak but drains health instead of stuns.
    Ability 2 - Mist Form > It works in PvE again, if too OP then make it at least apply a 30% damage reduction.
    Ability 3 - Mesmerize > In addition to current effects can also be used to feed on people in combat for non-stealth users.
    Ability 4 - Supernatural Reflexes > Grants Major Evasion and increases Physical and Spell Penetration.
    Ability 5 - ???????

Vampire Scion

Ultimate - Blood Scion > Perfect Scion is base, one morph lets you lunge at enemies, the other increases duration.
    Ability 1 - Blood Frenzy > Same as it currently is, maybe reduce the cost increase from 20% to 10%
    Ability 2 - Servitude > Summons a Vampire Spellcaster > Basically a pet who lasts for 20 seconds, attacks restore your health.
    Ability 3 - Regeneration > Vampire Healing ability, maybe works similar to Necromancer heal but a heal over time instead.
    Ability 4 - ???????
    Ability 5 - ???????

Something like that, those with ?????? are ideas I cannot come up with.

This is literally like 100% of what I wanted and still want, if they can’t make its own class this is a great alternative. Please this is all I want for me to feel more like a vampire then what we have
  • Vindold
    Vindold
    ✭✭✭
    Options 3, 4 and 5
    I prefer something like bat swarm or different form instead of a Scion which will look different for Beast races.
    Tbh I don't want to be a Vamp Lord, they are too unique and stronk and, imho, require some special quest line...I don't really want to see everyone running as a Vamp Lord...we are soul shriven after all, maybe we should've something a bit different than nerfed Vamp Lord form...

Also I think that Vamps should be just as good for stam(thus complete skills rework is needed) as they are for mag. + ability to hide vamp.skin or even choose which stage skin we want to use. Personaly I like St.4 skin on my Kitty with Azure eyes, but I prefer to stay at St.3 but I'm not a fan of how St.3 looks.
    Edited by Vindold on 21 January 2022 10:46
  • Alexium
    Alexium
    ✭✭✭
    The morph with bat swarm should appear this swarm only in the battle.
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, vampirism is rubbish in other games too. Being a werewolf has always been more beneficial and powerful than being a vampire in any TES game.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Revert the entire line back as CP 2.0 is now implemented. Bat Swarm was useful . Keep mist form in its current state so as not to be a crutch in certain content as the developers stated.

As it is right now in my opinion (which stinks) I no longer find it rewarding or useful for any content. Occasionally I may play the class just to bite a person and that's about it. I have not found it to be good against Vet bosses, nor does it offer me any breathing space to back off and restore H/M/S especially in Fire based dungeons. It may work but simple armor sets that allow crouch and regain resources /heal work better.

It just needs to work better and actually be useful outside of Rivenspire.
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jusey1 wrote: »

To be fair, vampirism is rubbish in other games too. Being a werewolf has always been more beneficial and powerful than being a vampire in any TES game.

Oblivion Vampires at high stages if you could get around the sun issue were incredibly hard to kill with normal weapons. Also Skyrim's Vampire did have that summon gargoyle spell that could be combined with the amulet to get 2 gargoyles. Also Skyrim's Vampire had Vampiric Grip which could throw around and kill giants.

Edit: Also forgot to mention Oblivion vampires got massive stat boosts which increased their sneaking, speed, damage, and other things like that. Not only to mention their innate ability to see enemies through walls at quite a respectable distance.
    Edited by Vevvev on 21 January 2022 15:50
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bit of option 3 and a bit of option 4.

The abilities need a rework, and I want an option that is not the scion as ultimate. Like having the bat swarm back again!
    I don't like the vampire lord or scions at all and would've prefered to get more unique ultimate for Lamae's strain.

Same as I want an updated look that is not a badly implemented skin that fades everything, or at least an option for another look. It doesn't make sense we go paler now with every stage when we feed more to obtain it.

It would also be nice to get different vampire skins for people who want to roleplay having a different vampire strain. Along with a hide vampirism one for those who want to pretend they use illusion magic to hide it or roleplay the cyrodiilic strain.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Ilumia
    Ilumia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand the benefits/function of the vampire skill line, and at this point I'm afraid to even ask :|
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilumia wrote: »
    I don't really understand the benefits/function of the vampire skill line, and at this point I'm afraid to even ask :|

Health as a resource is what the Vampire skill line ultimately boils down to. In order to stop the PvE cheesing that using health as a way to do damage does they kept nerfing and nerfing and nerfing... Then after they killed any potential of using it in group play they then removed the ability to use Mistform as a PvE tanking tool.

To see why Vampire uses health as a resource as it's ultimate design goal consider the following:

Undeath improves health efficiency and making it "safer" to consume your health.

Eviscerate and it's morphs scale up based on missing health. One morph even costs health!

Vampiric Drain was changed to be a heal primarily and it kept it's missing health heal. This means it's stronger when you have low health, but will not put you at full HP to continue having bonus damage on Eviscerate.

Blood Frenzy is literally a health cost toggle that gives 630 spell and weapon damage. Simmering Frenzy gives 660 that goes up by 10% every second it's on to incentivise leaving it on for longer than you otherwise would with Sated Fury.

Swarming Scion full heals you and heals for 15% of all damage you deal while active meaning you can easily sustain Blood Frenzy and/or Blood for Blood.

This all being said if you have the self healing vampire is incredibly strong. True shame ZOS removed the Pale Order Ring from group play with the Nerf because it made vampire builds thrive for a time in Trials and Dungeons in the hands of a DPS. :disappointed:
    Edited by Vevvev on 21 January 2022 23:45