Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I spent hours waiting for a trial group, why isn't there a Trial Finder like with Dungeon Finder?

GQManOfTheYear
GQManOfTheYear
✭✭✭
I spent hours waiting for a trial group in Craglorn (where most of the trial groups form). It was all for naught. The one time we somehow managed to scrape a group together, it ultimately disbanded because there were no tanks. Why isn't there a Trial Finder? The way it is now is inefficient and time consuming. The massive benefit to having a Trial Finder mechanic isn't only to put groups together, it's also to do other things, like questing, while waiting for a group to be formed. The way it is now, I have to loiter in Craglorn, with no content to do, waiting for somebody to put a group together in zone chat. Having to wait hours and hoping for groups to form is not fun, nor is it content.

Guilds are not the answer either, even trial-specific or heavy guilds. I'm in a general guild and they're running (or vocalized they were running) two different trials neither of which I wanted to run because it didn't have the gear I wanted. This is why a Trial Finder mechanic is necessary. It puts like-intentioned people together and allows you to actually play content while waiting.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I farmed alot of gear i wanted in pugs in craglorn when i came to pc that community is amazing, time of day changes availability alot for these. I agree guilds are only interested in fostering their score running teams. But of course what happens is all that are left out of content get their own guilds together. So where theres a will theres a way as always.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a thought, yoi said you had to wait for ages waiting for someone to put a group together.

What if that someone were you? Why wait for someone else to do what you could do?

And if there are not enough players responding in Craglorn, what makes you think there will be enough players wanting to do it via a trial finder?
    Edited by hafgood on 6 December 2021 10:12
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if there was one then people would be more likely to want to queue in one whereas the option to stand around creating groups and trying to join groups in Craglorn when you can't really do much else while you are waiting is somewhat limiting.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I care neither way, I do loads of trials without standing in Craglorn.

[snip]

Maybe if they tried forming one themselves there wouldn't be the wait.....

Just sayin'

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 December 2021 11:48
  • GQManOfTheYear
    GQManOfTheYear
    ✭✭✭
    @hafgood [snip] You don't think I thought about putting my own group together? [snip]

[edited for baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 December 2021 11:46
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GQManOfTheYear

Had you said you had tried to form a group I wouldn't have put forward the suggestion.

As to the trial finder solution have you considered what a car crash it could be? Just look at all the threads complaining about fake tanks and healers with the current group finder, and imagine how a trial finder would fare. You will still get fake tanks and healers, you will get people signing up to vet trials looking for a carry, or thinking because they did it once on normal they know what they are doing.

And if I can imagine all the complaints you can be sure that Zos will also imagine all the complaints. Its probably easier for them to have the weekly trial finder suggestion thread than the hourly threads that would happen after a trial finder was implemented.
    Edited by hafgood on 7 December 2021 00:58
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @hafgood [snip] You don't think I thought about putting my own group together? [snip]

Actually, their solution is a very valid solution just as seeking a casual guild that does some raiding works very well. Both solutions work very well for a great many players every day.

The very nature of creating a thread in a public forum is asking for feedback even if it is something one does not agree with.

[edited to remove quote]
    Edited by ZOS_Icy on 7 December 2021 11:49
  • wheresbes
    wheresbes
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for it, OP. A daily random (normal...) trial via group finder ez
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy if they did this BUT I foresee a couple of problems with that system:

1. Vet trials (especially the DLC ones) are very heavily mechanic based and if a few people don't know what they are supposed to do then the whole group WILL wipe, regardless of how high your group DPS is.
    That's true of any trial group but it would be even more so with an uncoordinated randomly filled group.
    (For example during Cloudrest portal phases or Relenquen bar swap mech.)

2. A trial finder would also open up the possibility of the same problem that dungeon finder has, namely people queuing as a role they either can't do or have no intention of filling just to skip the queue time. ie fake roles.

I think it might be a good idea for a normal trial finder but definitely not for vet.
    I agree with OP that trials are very hard to join and set up sometimes and an easier way would be very useful. I just think it should be set up in a way that makes it easier for groups to coordinate and hard for people to abuse the queue.
    Maybe making a default voice chat group in the finder to allow people to communicate once they join.
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on 21 December 2021 02:30
  • NunexTK
    NunexTK
    Soul Shriven
    Trial finder would have the same problems the dungeon finder has. IMO we should have a global "trial/dungeon" chat where people would form a group. Pretty much the zone chat from craglorn but it would be a tab you could use in any region in the game, that way you wouldnt have to sit around doing nothing while you wait for your group for the trial you want to form. Just go do something somewhere else and still look for a group
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Much as you might not like the answer, a large PvE guild where you host the event is likely to be your best bet.

4 man is a train wreck more often than not. 12 man, without some kind of experience/rep system attached would be even worse, even for norms. If you think it's painful pugging a random as a DPS, it's even worse as a legit healer or tank.

Timing, mechanics, voice requirements (figure it's going to be a different discord every time) will all make it worse.

It may look good on paper, but I don't see it functioning well in practice.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Bane_Andeddu
    As a tank I think trial group finder would be awesome. I'd get a ton of runs in daily. Most mmos these days have raid finder so any excuse not to have one is either laziness by ZoS or players being contrarian.
  • Bane_Andeddu
    Much as you might not like the answer, a large PvE guild where you host the event is likely to be your best bet.

4 man is a train wreck more often than not. 12 man, without some kind of experience/rep system attached would be even worse, even for norms. If you think it's painful pugging a random as a DPS, it's even worse as a legit healer or tank.

Timing, mechanics, voice requirements (figure it's going to be a different discord every time) will all make it worse.

I understand that you're scared.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Start one.
  • BronzeCaiman
    BronzeCaiman
    ✭✭✭
    If your looking for normal trials or veteran Craglorn trials groups you should be able to start a group and fill it up pretty easily.

If your looking for veteran DLC trials, that type of content is pretty exclusive and usually you will have to submit information like damage parses or sets if you are a support role.

That is why people are against a group finder, that and you will need mechanical knowledge in DLC vTrials because there is little room for error.
    Edited by BronzeCaiman on 17 January 2022 23:28
  • yttoks
    yttoks
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it would have much success. There's already several trials that I won't even bother pugging unless it's obviously just a few fills in a guild run.

Can you imagine doing the Twins on a complete PUG? There's several trial fights that can't be carried. A Trial Finder for anything but a handful of trials would be a disaster, and probably wouldn't help your situation much.

The people who could do the trial would probably know better than to queue for it. So, it would still take forever to form a group, and that group would not have great odds of completing.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I understand that you're scared.
    As a former raid leader, I understand you're trying to be cute (and failing miserably).

Part of that involves not wasting everyone's time. If someone's interested in running trials, there are better ways to go about it than a random finder.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love a trial finder
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt care if we failed id give it a try in a trial finder, atleast alot would get a try or a lookin this way. Saying that Craglorn zonechat does the job just fine 😀. Although i have noticed alot more folks going area to area looking for members for pugs lately
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would love a trial finder, too. It's a great suggestion.