The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

26 day research times

bvburnes
bvburnes
Does anyone else feel that waiting a month for a trait to research is a bit much. I have master writs that have been sitting in my inventory since August waiting while I research traits to satisfy set requirements. It encourages me to disengage from the game and play other things and only return as an afterthought.
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh i think youre right. Back in launch it served it purpose but you cant call it an achievement these days. Not that I care much having all tapped out.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a marathon, not a race.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I recall... It takes anywhere from 70 days to 128 days to research, per item type. You can research up to 3 traits at a time, but you have to advance in the skill line to get to that perk. Is that a long time? Yep. This is why I don't like to duplicate crafting across characters. I might passively level up a character in crafting, mainly for perks, but trait research is secondary.

Yeah. There are "instant" Crown bypasses, but those only take off one day... so, not really a definition of "instant" that I can sign up for.
    Edited by Elsonso on 6 November 2021 19:31
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can halve the time by using the in-game purchasable research scrolls from the writ-voucher vendor.

It's a one-time commitment, so I don't think it's too long.

If you can't quite do the 9-trait master writ, sell it and buy one calling for a lesser number of traits
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • maximusrex45
    maximusrex45
    ✭✭✭✭
    bvburnes wrote: »
    It encourages me to disengage from the game and play other things and only return as an afterthought.

I guess if you only play the game to do master writs you already have.

• Zinpix
    Zinpix
    My advice sell your master writs and buy master writs u can do, if u need the writs.
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes you 'eat' a writ then find you can't complete it.. One of my first writs was for a Morkuldin, Nirnhoned, shield in worm cult style. It taught me a huge lesson in master writs. I did stick that one out and completed it, about 3 months after I ate it :)

These days I just trash the writ if I've eaten it already, and it's a bit beyond the effort and expense I'm prepared to do., there are always more writs.

I have a master that can do almost everything, a few newer motif pages short.

TLDR
    trash the writ if you've eaten it, do another within your range of capabilities.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy research scrolls with writs, that works for me. I think a week max would be nice though
    Edited by rexagamemnon on 22 December 2021 00:24
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Research scrolls and passives...

They should have an option to share trait knowledge/decon passives account wide to your main crafter.

There is no real value in duplciating max crafting across all characters, especially with traits.

As mentioned, you do it once, have them all, and you never have to do it again. Master writs are intended to be an 'end game' item in crafting terms.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a marathon, not a race.

As a somewhat newer player, I agree with this. We also get research speedups from our daily rewards which helps some. Plus we can research three things at a time per crafting except for jewelry which has significantly less to research.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my main has been maxed out on trait research for years now

never doing that on my other toons, and starting to get a large pile of freebie research scrolls in my storage that are bound and absolutely useless to me

wish those were sellable
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014