The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Deadlands Fishing

gangyzgirl
gangyzgirl
✭✭✭✭
I've been at this for a few days now. Has anyone managed to get anything other than a white fish for the achievement? I can't seem to even get a green fish even with the fishbowl food and fishing in a spot with other people.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gangyzgirl wrote: »
    I've been at this for a few days now. Has anyone managed to get anything other than a white fish for the achievement? I can't seem to even get a green fish even with the fishbowl food and fishing in a spot with other people.

Are you using the right bait? That's important. If you use a bait other than what is correct for foul water (and it's *all* foul water in Deadlands), you will only get white fish and some strange bait.

I think the bait for foul water is crawlers.

I managed to get the achieve in two evenings. Took a bit of time, but it went better than I thought.
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crawlers and Fish Roe
    Edited by magnusthorek on 5 November 2021 14:39
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure to be using the right bait, it took me less then an hour to get the achievement using the CP fishing passives.

fishing3.PNG

Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    Stamsorc DPS (Master Crafter)
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    And last.. but not least another crafter!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the achievement in about 2 hours using crawlers and artaeum pickled fish bowl. I forgot to swap to fishing CP.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you fish in lava?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The foul water pools are green on the map and mostly exist on the eastern side of the map. I'm not done with the achievement yet, but I'm at 9/12 fish having spent a bit over an hour on it.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    Chrysa1is wrote: »
    Do you fish in lava?

fishing10.PNG?
    fishing9.jpg?

(There are a ton of fishing spots in that area, not all shown in the screenshot)
    Edited by aurorable on 5 November 2021 16:14
    Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
  • gangyzgirl
    gangyzgirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I am using the right bait

NO I am not fishing in lava, I'm not an idiot

And I've been fishing in the fishing spots but have had no luck in getting the fish. It's so weird.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And I've been fishing in the fishing spots but have had no luck in getting the fish. It's so weird.

Haha, I mean if you were fishing in lava and you actually caught something. That would be impressive.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Haha, I mean if you were fishing in lava and you actually caught something. That would be impressive.

Yeah, for real. Now I want to fish in lava. Someone who can fish in lava is a genius, not an idiot.

I will at the very least go stand around looking suspicious near lava pools.
  • GrahamJoyce
    GrahamJoyce
    ✭✭✭

Lava fish 🐟
    Required bait - brimstone
    Warning: may cause burns. 💥😎
    Edited by GrahamJoyce on 6 November 2021 12:37
  • runa_gate
    runa_gate
    ✭✭✭✭
    @aurorable only person who understands the true endgame like I do, fashionista of the Alinor crafting area

Also, I have no idea that a crazy daedra is fishing in lava in The Deadlands when I first commented here, but it's pretty epic

Fishing-in-Lava.png[
  • DP99
    DP99
    ✭✭✭✭
    I got three or four fish off the list until I ran out of bait.

There were plenty of other players fishing in the area too, but I don't have any of the CP fishing perks, so I still got a lot of the regular fish, yeah.

My luck was about the same in the other zones trying to do some fishing, as I haven't done much of it yet.

Guess that I'm going to have to unlock those perks in the CP tree.
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to fish in lava. All I got is death
    Awake, but at what cost
  • Kwoung
    Kwoung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    I tried to fish in lava. All I got is death

I tried as well, but goblins kept running over and stealing my bait. Apparently they have a thing for crispy worms!

As for the achievement, sounds like bad luck, my wife finished it off in no time, she wanted the new pool for her house.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Since all the fish are in the same type of water (foul) it's very easy to get unlucky.

Artaeum PIckled Fish Bowl helps.

So does the CP passives to fishing if you have enough to invest in them.

It can take hours. Or it can take days. That's jut the nature of RNG. Too bad they don't have smart drops for fish.
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »

Yeah, for real. Now I want to fish in lava. Someone who can fish in lava is a genius, not an idiot.

Catch an already cooked fish.
  • aurorable
    aurorable
    ✭✭✭
    runa_gate wrote: »
    @aurorable only person who understands the true endgame like I do, fashionista of the Alinor crafting area

LOL! My kitties must only have the best!

NO I am not fishing in lava, I'm not an idiot.

When I exploring the zone for the first time I was sadden to not see lava fishing. It could of be fun hahaha!

Crazy Cat Lady
    PC/NA CP2600+
    DK Tank (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Templar Healer (Crafter)
    Necro Healer (Crafter)
    Warden Healer (Crafter)
    Sorc Healer (Crafter)
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
    Crafter
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Done today it took around 6h CP + food buff