My Feedback Regarding All The Deadlands DLC Furnishings

TeruKisuke
TeruKisuke
✭✭✭✭
This is a bit overdue, but I didn't have the opportunity to post until now. I wanted to provide detailed feedback for the Housing Team for future reference, in case it helps. If possible then I'd love to see other people's feedback too.

If you want to follow along, there are videos of all the new furnishings on YouTube.

Edit: I just want to say that I really appreciate the housing team and the work they're putting in to satisfy us. I notice when they listen. And I noticed the vast amount of Furnishings added in this DLC, which makes me very happy and a little concerned for the employees. Don't strain yourselves too hard. But, thank you for your hard work.

Edit #2: I got permission to use screenshots from @Futerko 's video, so I'll add them to the post for a more easy follow-along! Thank you!

Services
qo1mf8qcsul3.png
-Armory Station: It's cute. I like how it's a little worktable and has all these compartments. I was thinking of making an "armory" room and including the Outfit Station and Transmute Station, though I might just add it to an all-around crafting area. I don't think it solves the Housing problem where we have little to no weapons and armor to display, but it is an appreciated start.

1oicp4ddmhdj.png
-Grasharog, Armory Assistant: I like his wooden practice sword in the icon. I don't think he holds it in actuality though. Admittedly I'm not as into houseguests because they're not customizable and can't interact with anything, so it makes this obligation to use them just long and cumbersome, just to make sure my guildies don't make fun of me for not using them. But that's my biased take.

-Daedric Enchanting Table: I like it. It's reminiscent to the Skyrim table.

Home Goods (19)
83l0y0xboy87.png
-Bush, Low Redleaf Cluster: I like the color, and it looks full enough to stand out in a garden.

83mr50q05k0e.png
-Bush, Sharp Underbrush: I like the color, and the sprinkles of pink as well. It also looks pretty dense. I don't much like it when a bush is too thin or stringy since they don't have much presence, and kinda blend into the grass.

gdx74r5r2ihc.png
-Bushes, Withered Cluster: I think we already might have this in the editor, but we can buy this for gold in Fargrave now, which is great. There are also other previous but on-theme items in the vendor too, which means we don't have to run around as much if we just want exclusively Deadlands conservatory.

9fej62gwf9kd.png
-Fargrave Canopy: I like it, though I'm personally not sure what I'd use it for. I also wish there were some canopies without the two posts in the ground, as I run into the same problem with the Redguard ones.

rwvtvp9nrbd4.png
-Fargrave Cluster, Papers: Lovely! I've asked for this kind of furnishing previously and it seems I've gotten my wish. Will definitely use them in lots of builds, plus they seem to be very cheap too. It sure beats wasting hundreds of slots on scattered letters.

7s00er3rziow.png
-Fargrave Flag, Long: I'm not sure what I'd use these for, and they're a bit tattered and crumpled, maybe as curtains for somewhere abandoned? At the same time though, I am impressed by the details. You can see through the gaps in the threads. That's insane.

cd0vjz1cibk2.png
-Fargrave Flag, Regular: It's a bit wider, and has a whole bunch of holes at the bottom. Otherwise, same as above.

eahgfppe1t5z.png
-Fargrave Flag, Short: Short and tattered, though the detail is still pretty extraordinary.

xgmbqm5brc6s.png
-Fargrave Flags, String: They don't look like flags, more like tattered curtains left out to dry. But, still interesting.

mdrsydf4lut9.png
-Fargrave Pennants, Long String: These will be fantastic for festival builds. All we need is some kind of confetti effect to go with it, akin to the Jester's box opening.

o75g26cxkfqv.png
-Fargrave Pennants, String: Same as above, but not incredibly long.

galxpxvdv95y.png
-Log, Charred Oak: I appreciate us getting dead wood. My imagination is running away with me and imagining people making burnt down cities or forests, arsons, raided villages, etc etc.

ae41a7i2p3rh.png
-Plant Cluster, Maroon Aloe: A nice striking color. It won't get lost amongst other plants like some base-game ones.

8we3bdb4l3s1.png
-Plant, Harada Root: Kinda creepy. Reminds me of the lux vendor underwater plant that I forget the name of.

g75amlwswpxy.png
-Tree, Charred Oak: I like how twisted this tree looks. I wish, though, that we would get big tree clusters so that we could fill a whole forest with them with very few slots.

l2w0ip1kuj89.png
-Tree, Deadlands Pine: Predictable we'd get it, and very creepy looking. Very Deadlands.

ddlx8r1yapub.png
-Tree, Old Charred Oak: Same reaction as the Charred Oak.

ddo5h6pw466g.png
-Tree, Short Charred Pine: I like it. Could possibly hide one of the new lightning rods under it and make it look like it was struck and charred.

ql5hhbrrk51b.png
-Tree, Young Charred Oak: I like the branches and the thick base.

Achievement Vendor (11)
nzr60izmbgfo.png
-Daedric Altar, Mehrunes Dagon: I like the crystal-like top of it, though overall it seems standard for an updated Daedric furnishing.

3t39ksvqck36.png
-Deadlands Buttress: Interesting. Not sure what I'd use it for though. Maybe as support for a custom Deadlands-themed structure. That's all I can think of at the moment.

grfvvu9gl0sj.png
-Deadlands Buttress, Large: I know they look the exact same, but that's because they are. One is just bigger than the other. At least it gives us options.

83j4zjsqvkkf.png
-Deadlands Displacer, Inactive: Nice little pedestal, though it kind of blends in with all the other Deadlands stuff. They all start to blend together at a certain point. I think it could've used some unique flair.

smdfsuxcfk4k.png
-Deadlands Lightning Rod, Etched: The new lightning rods are really cool. I like how this version has a base, but the other two are free to place anywhere.

jn8zh8aahegg.png
-Deadlands Platform, Octagonal: Again, kind of blends in with all the other Deadlands structural stuff. It has a bit of a swirly pattern though.

ywtfnyzqvup5.png
-Deadlands Wind Gate Pylon: This piece is cool. The kind of thing you'd place at each corner of some kind of summoning ritual, or if you were making a StarCraft build.

n99bnfiuapmj.png
-Deadlands Window, Stormglass: Really cool window. It's a shame it costs so much at 40k though. I was already dreaming for one of my haunted houses to have like 28 of them, to replace my current windows. That'd cost me 1,120,000 gold. Yikes.

r4vxdfodryfq.png
-Portal Key Replica: A cool little doohickey to place on a desk or shelf. I already see myself placing something like Skeleton Keys on either side as handles. I'm sure this little piece also has story significance.

obvc0cq0ryax.png
-Sulfur Pool: This is really cool. I'm glad we're getting more bodies of water as furnishings, and this one looks a bit more nature-oriented. I already see myself placing this in foresty terrain and dressing it up with shrubs and other plants to look like it's really a part of it. I kinda wish it was a little bigger though, big enough to even swim in. But I'm not sure of the limitations of that.

vwsc4cnz7ww5.png
-Tree, Charred Dagonic: Also figured we'd get this piece since it's everywhere. Interesting with the text on it though.

Housing Editor

Conservatory (13)
b0n1e0fcz3q7.png
-Boulder, Weathered Fargrave: Standard little rock. Not too mind-blowing, just kinda here as obligation, but in the end might need it at some point. I wish there were big sand dunes from Fargrave to play with as well.

ydhf828egy00.png
-Rocks, Deadlands Cluster: Standard rock cluster. I like how they're close together though. I don't like it when the clusters have gaps.

fnxq9kkn0pxc.png
-Rocks, Fargrave Cluster: This little cluster looks like it's be at home at the bottom of a riverbed, so I see its uses.

6kxqar5hxz9v.png
-Log, Charred Deadlands: Seems like a texture of previous logs, and it's in-between burnt and unburnt. It probably has its uses, and it's good to have variety.

veczvqzwc1cd.png
-Stump, Charred Deadlands: It has an interesting shape to it, with its craggy top.

mym7qnvbh20o.png
-Tree, Charred Deadlands: This tree either looks like it exploded from a lightning strike, or it's gonna come alive and eat me. So, for creepy factor, well done.

xmm6wixy75hk.png
-Tree, Charred Large Deadlands: Same as above, except this one looks like it's really stretching itself wide to swallow me whole.

4cuyy7dwd8q8.png
-Tree, Charred Large Twisted Deadlands: The big boss battle of the previous two trees. I think I tested this one on the PTS. If you turn it on its side, you can run through it. Pretty cool.

eseda2oicnra.png
-Plant, Hynvik: Really striking color, I like it. Looks like it'd be at home in underwater builds.

60eq5dn34ty8.png
-Plant, Pixas: I like the detail with the color gradient on this. Would probably be at home in some creepy botanist's greenhouse.

5uj0t6h6e21f.png
-Mushrooms, Glowing Shelf: Absolutely beautiful. It would look great alongside the lux Blackreach and Gloomspore mushrooms. Well done, thank you. Also maybe in aquatic builds too.

wkeffn9p8lda.png
-Vines, Thornpinch: Very interesting addition. It's a shame we didnt get a wall climber version because it'd be great if we could cover a room with all these dead overgrown stuff. Would be at home in some kind of ruin.

Courtyard (12)
h5uun1kqkr5t.png
-Fargrave Container Plants, Small: It's nice that we're getting these planters with soil in them, and I really like the sandy stone design. But I would have also liked an unfilled version, and I think others have voiced this opinion as well. But, other than that, it'd really look at home in a tropical resort, and it looks great.

9r6r98pa2m4i.png
-Fargrave Container Plants, Long: I like the length of this one, and the empty space leaves some room to fill it with my own plants.

23z9vgdbb38f.png
-Fargrave Container Plants, Long Round: I like this. Definitely screams Floridian Hotel Courtyard.

u6x86cpbf7mg.png
-Fargrave Container Plants: Bit on the smaller side. With all these additions I'm starting to want to fit them all together like puzzle pieces.

76808ercbqzv.png
-Fargrave Container Plants, Large Square: Standard shape and nice. Again, would love an empty version of these planters too.

yow6tt7yzcew.png
-Deadlands Lightning Rod, Spike: Really awesome effect. I'm definitely going to sink this into or under other objects, since this one's a bit smaller.

eu5t51pubgc1.png
-Deadlands Lightning Rod, Crescent: It's got an interesting crescent design to it. Would look at home in an evil lab.

jmfxxtynf678.png
-Deadlands Column, Heavy: Pretty standard, knew it'd be an addition. I do like the obsidian black textures though.

u9iodn9t3p8t.png
-Deadlands Column, Heavy Roofed: This is an interesting one. Adding roofing to pillars is kind of a revolutionary concept for Housing. I will say though that, when placing it, this "ceiling" part looks a bit wobbly and uneven. I would say part of including a ceiling in a build is the possibility of making a second floor, so we would have to place flooring for the second floor anyways. It is still great to see it included in Housing though, but in the future, maybe the Housing team could consider that factor as well.

5nabl2mnqdfc.png
-Deadlands Pillar, Tall: Nice tall pillar, and it doesn't look the same as the other Deadlands ones. The top and bottom are flat.

0qrppiadm5ot.png
-Deadlands Post, Short Wall: Very earthy textures on this one. I can see myself using the bottom as much as the top.

9tckh9lgjl68.png
-Fargrave Fountain: Lovely humongous fountain. I understand why we didn't get more since we just got a lot of Leyawiin fountains too, but I would've liked these round pools as a separate piece (with nothing in the center, since most our fountains have something in the way). They're such a nice polished shape. Also, the base is humongous. Reminds me of the base of the Redguard Gazebo.

Dining (8)
xoa803bk8nrm.png
-Deadlands Bench, Etched Wide: Not a fan of the metal Deadlands stuff personally, though I'm sure the rusted metal textures has its uses.

cfi0h8beuxum.png
-Fargrave Bench, Long Stone: I love these. They would look at home in a garden, OR you could put two together and make some kind of interesting railing with them. Nice textures. All around, A+.

hls3k07fmla2.png
-Fargrave Bench, Stone: Same as above, this time with smaller blocks. Love it.

jtscfo1cgja7.png
-Deadlands Chair, Etched: Again, not my cup of tea, but I will note that the seat looks like it has a bloody smiley face. I can't unsee it now.

dmwwc853b21z.png
-Fargrave Stall, Large Merchant: Like another version of the Leyawiin Stalls, except this is not the kind you'd stand in. My brain is trying to concoct a way to turn this into some kind of cabinet.

26d8jy9gfm6g.png
-Fargrave Stall, Merchant: I like the extra shelf added on this one. It adds another tier to what would otherwise just be the Leyawiin counter but bare.

knwglpcb5i1r.png
-Deadlands Table, Etched: Not my cup of tea, though the metal textures could definitely be used for something.

v0r49z7e25k4.png
-Deadlands Table, Long Etched: Same as above, but I like the length this time.

Gallery (10)
e880356opp3u.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Claws: As soon as I saw these terrariums, my jaw dropped. With this particular one though, I wonder of the design. Is it the severed limbs of some creature? I kinda wish we could have maybe had the whole crabby, so we could pretend it's a pet or something. None of these terrariums move though, but there were some moving ones seen in Fargrave. Would definitely like to see more of this concept added in future content.

2ywhb3ff1fsy.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Flower: Really lovely, and I like how this one is not just a box. Would look great on any surface. And it's nice that we're getting display cases that aren't just the Alinor or Craglorn ones. But, on that note, I would have liked some empty ones that AREN'T only included in crates. People have used thousands of Alinor display cases in their homes. I would even go out on a limb and say it's one of the most popular furnishings, period. Imagine if we had empty ones of these, too.

3nqthhpbmqwu.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Lantern Flower: Really nice, I like the cluster variety, and it's big too.

gew3mcm4n91l.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Large Gas Blossom: A standard, but small-sized gas blossom. I recognize that a lot of these plants are Murkmire-themed, as it is quite "exotic," but I would like to see creatures and fauna versions that aren't Murkmire too, in the future.

d2dpd4zomdxt.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Massive Gas Blossom: Really big, I think this is the biggest one. I'm looking forward to filling a greenhouse with all of these plants.

60sndqtcky2l.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Scuttlebloom: Scuttlebloom enthusiasts will either love or hate this, considering it's not moving. I choose to just roleplay it as a pet that simply doesn't want to move. Maybe the display case could have been a little bit bigger around it though.

bkkplzhffs68.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Small Gas Blossom: Cute little dome display, perfect to sit on top of a gardner's workbench.

jv5k5e48esds.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Snakevine: Another of the bigger display cases. Like how full this one looks.

ije1ioh3exa6.png
-Fargrave Terrarium, Watcher: Maybe this display case could've been bigger, and had the Watcher floating like it usually does so that I can pretend it's a little pet. Would've been a weird pet, but that may've been better than the Watcher just draped across the bottom. Still cool, just would like the flexibility to pretend whether it's a dead or live specimen.

5m1nadj6fw36.png
-Deadlands Wall Spikes: Not sure what I'd use this for, maybe I'll think of something. Kinda wish it had fashioned itself as a weapon rack of some sort. I thought the Deadlands would have introduced weapon racks considering the Daedra's tendencies for violence and torture. Sigh.

Hearth (15)
q2q20gxcbu1u.png
-Fargrave Bread and Sweetrolls: I actually really like all this glowing bread! It's just fantastical enough and invitingly colorful. It makes me want to approach making a bakery again.

3t10x3vct5r2.png
-Fargrave Bread Loaves, Round: Some nice round loaf bundles, with the centers kinda like stars.

6rh3v46ixz6n.png
-Fargrave Bread, Baguettes: Mmm, glowing baguettes. I'm imagining Alice in Wonderland builds in dark forests with all this glowing food on hand. Maybe we could have gotten colorful drinks too.

96dluybxub11.png
-Fargrave Bread, Round Loaves: The bread cracks almost look volcanic, I like it.

e7vx3gl1ht3l.png
-Fargrave Bread, Various Loaves: I like all this variety in the bread. It kinda came out of left field, but I'm not complaining.

jbz4nby2hrdg.png
-Deadlands Armoire, Etched: That delve cabinet that I'd always loot as I passed by. Might be at home in a kitchen. I like the thought of using the Blackwood Expansion wardrobe as a fridge, so this would be at home alongside that. Nice bottom gap.

7a0lo3cys478.png
-Fargrave Fish Pile, Deadlands Trout: I like these fish, they're very colorful.

hemhbsccepsi.png
-Fargrave Fish Pile, Marinated Trout: Same as above, really pretty color.

vjge9vgzzcfn.png
-Fargrave Ham: I get what they're going for. Very celestial theme. But I think the speckled dots might've made the meats look like they're spoiled in some way. The ham looks the best out of them. The sausages, though...

ta6t8026raqb.png
-Fargrave Meats: Nice cluster. I think these will be most at home in a frozen meat locker, to look like they've been in there a long time.

od1apllxjbe6.png
-Fargrave Sausages: Again, I get what the designers were going for. I think it's hard to go right with sausage in any context, honestly. I like sausages. But when it's the whole sausage log before it's cut, well I don't remember a time where it's ever looked appetizing personally.

z7ru67g3gbtv.png
-Fargrave Box of Fruit: Harder to spot the difference in this one. It definitely looks brighter and more colorful though. But that fourth empty slot has always bothered me. Why couldn't they fill it? We'll never know.

ccbnotwtmunr.png
-Fargrave Box of Grapes: Again, I would've just taken this and then plugged it into the above furnishing.

s9jh0cz68q58.png
-Fargrave Corn, Bunch: I like this long row of speckled corn. Would definitely fill up a farmer's market. It's a shame that we still don't have cornfields though...

ynzwo8xv0vx4.png
-Fargrave Tomato Patch, Display: I like it, though some of the greenish tomatos look a bit... spoiled, as if I would get very, very sick if I ate it. Not that I like tomatos in the first place, just speaking objectively. I like the rosy-colored ones the most.

Library (5)
xz4wixoxh5oc.png
-Book Stack, Levitating: Love these floating books. Also to note, you can run through these.

ronqkmrp9b1q.png
-Book Wall, Levitating: The pattern it moves in is kinda entrancing. Looking forward to seeing all the enchanted libraries.

o6u2brfw3qyx.png
-Deadlands Bookcase, Large Ashen: Standard and unfilled, though more grand bookcases are always welcome.

x1taa8ijp3u0.png
-Deadlands Bookcase, Large Cluttered: A nice filled version. I can kinda see them being used to fill in the gaps of that Coldharbour Library pack.

01iss5qcxsvw.png
-Deadlands Bookcase, Etched: Empty, and unfortunately no filled version.

Lighting (9)
wo1wg5ehs0ub.png
-Deadlands Brazier, Large Etched: Not my cup of tea, but I like the etchings.

jogktr3ob1jt.png
-Deadlands Crystal Brazier: I like this one. It's got a unique design with the crystal in the center.

md4xhhgov6ac.png
-Deadlands Candelabra, Tall: Plain, except for the spikes along the stem. If it weren't for the spikes then I might have used it in a lot of manors, but the spikes seem just ominous.

b6zkoy9z34wc.png
-Deadlands Candelabra, Tall Caged: Same as above, this time for castles.

qajq6jy2z1bd.png
-Deadlands Candleholder, Etched: At this point all the Deadlands stuff are looking kinda samey, but I like this one. Could be used in interesting ways possibly. The end of a hefty staff, maybe...?

haecug1ca92q.png
-Deadlands Window, Fireglass: Lovely, just like the other window. They are absolutely huge though (probably 2.5X character height). I would definitely appreciate some smaller windows like this. Love the beam of light it casts.

h7u2jgszjhyw.png
-Fargrave Gems, Levitating: Love this. It's pretty and enchanting, and it moves. Five stars.

qs7z00vxk16p.png
-Deadlands Firepit, Large: Many players go through the conundrum of not having enough coals, as they were unfortunately not buyable in the editor and you could only get them through purchasing houses, which is definitely not efficient. I like the sentiment behind this inclusion, except there's one big problem. The big jutting bars over the Firepit kinda get in the way, and people would use the Bed of Coals to make things like lava pits or other designs, but the bars get in the way of that. Maybe consider making a version without the jutting bars in the way.

48qwn9cehb50.png
-Deadlands Sconce, Large: This sconce is huge. I mentioned once when talking about Agony's Ascent that the pinnacle screams Eye of Sauron. These sconces also scream Mordor.

Parlor (7)
h8rxeugfxqlw.png
-Deadlands Curtains, Closed: These are exactly like the Imperial curtains. I kinda wish that the golden filigree had been changed to a different color, to match the Daedric symbols, if they were to use the same asset.

okfnu4hn9uxi.png
-Deadlands Curtains, Open: If this is in response to the forum feedback of people who wanted to walk through the Imperial Curtains but couldn't, then thank you.

7a9grjfe5xjc.png
-Deadlands Carpet, Large: I like the chain link pattern of these rugs, it makes them look unique and interesting. Also the design is definitely different.

ir2584h3ew9f.png
-Deadlands Rug: It's got a sun pattern on the top.

x1v5pybh94p5.png
-Deadlands Rug, Small: I'm not sure what to do with smaller rugs honestly. Maybe it could be used for something, though it's weirdly shaped to be a doormat, and Deadlands structures are really huge. We'll see.

8a5mvo3checp.png
-Deadlands Tapestry: I like the design on this, as if it were some dark pentagram soaked in blood. Nice for horror-themed builds.

3cc7g2glp6bi.png
-Deadlands Tapestry, Long: Same as above but taller.

Structures (19)
ruboo29o4c41.png
-Deadlands Base, Tower: This platform is massive. I wish the stone could've been a bit more unique though, but it is what it is.

x18de2yk9cj5.png
-Deadlands Ceiling: Interesting piece, and I really appreciate the step forward with including ceiling pieces. It's a bit wobbly though. Maybe the "top" could've been flat.

jmbt1b2qf9ni.png
-Deadlands Floor, Large Square: Interesting tile. Not quite my favorite, but it could have its uses. I wish we could've had a flat thin large obsidian black texture.

ak193xl5noqd.png
-Deadlands Stairway: Nice standard stairs. Has even lovelier obsidian textures on the sides and bottoms.

57pqhx5jdoul.png
-Deadlands Stairway, Inner Corner: Fantastic inclusion. I've been wanting something like this for a long time, and it was awkward when making my own.

559t0dphlds9.png
-Deadlands Stairway, Outer Corner: Same as above. Really great.

8hquar5bqb7q.png
-Deadlands Stairway, Tower: I admit, I was surprised by this inclusion. It is HUGE. Has a very nice texture on the bottom too, and interesting stony sides.

99us7ejybkry.png
-Deadlands Stairway, Wide: I'm more excited for the smooth black textures on the bottom than the stairs themselves honestly, but it's still nice to have wide versions included.

t4v2sih982le.png
-Deadlands Wall, Etched: Interesting wallpiece. Not sure how I'd use it, but I like how absolutely massive it is.

64yziyzsbqsq.png
-Deadlands Wall, Short: Has a different shape to it. The curve of the top makes me think I could possibly make a round opening using four of them, though the curve isn't drastic enough. We don't have a lot of curved stuff in Housing.

i259hv4r2e04.png
-Deadlands Wall, Tall: I actually like this piece. I'm thinking of having streaming water over it and making it into some kind of wall fountain.

96kj8c34luo1.png
-Deadlands Wall, Wide: Definitely an odd but cool piece. The top is like an interesting bridge too. The color of all these structures is getting kinda samey though, so it would be nice to have some other textures to shake things up, like... Fargrave stone...

i22k11ct3cte.png
-Deadlands Archway: Interesting Archway, can go with or without the door.

49obx91lhfru.png
-Deadlands Archway, Large: I like how huge this is. Nice for big openings.

sn37dhmv87n1.png
-Deadlands Door: Intricate door, I like the design. Broken on the PTS currently though.

qia4othjz9fy.png
-Deadlands Grate, Large: Love this big grate. Wish there were smaller singles so I could make my own path too.

pjl25m3yf04f.png
-Deadlands Portcullis: Interesting, looks kinda thin though. Might be able to fit it into one of the arches or gates.

vn0fdxiconp3.png
-Deadlands Platform, Tower: Absolutely massive, holy cow! I can see this being used as some kind of arena.

7ch2f9lbfnd6.png
-Fargrave Canopy, Large: It's a bit too tattered for my tastes. Personally I prefer the Elsweyr canopies.

Undercroft (4)
048rwdaked6y.png
-Deadlands Gems, Levitating: Cool floating piece. Might be able to combine this with the antiquity ones to make some kind of land with a bunch of dark crystals.

fa7ecs9nto9p.png
-Fargrave Water Globules, Levitating: I LOVE this, it's so pretty! I'm not sure why it's under Undercroft though, and not a category like Enchanted Lights. Nonetheless, in my mind's eye I can see it wrapping around some kind of chandelier fixture. Beautiful.

uw9r4rz9yayp.png
-Deadlands Tenderizer: Standard torture device, though I can kinda see the spokes and wheels used to make vehicles.

dhbcow4yiluf.png
-Deadlands Torture Table, Etched: It's standard for Deadlands, but I actually kinda like it. It's got a smooth texture and two shelves.
Edited by TeruKisuke on 30 October 2021 20:44
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    In regards to what we didn't get:

I really would like to have some of those nice Fargrave stone textures. I addressed this in another post but maybe we could get Fargrave structural pieces added in the next DLC.

It's not in the above list, but thank you for adding the Leyawiin Wall without the window. I am disappointed to see that despite the opportunity to add more Leyawiin, we did not see the addition of those beautiful wood tile floors as seen in homes. Perhaps this could be a Master Crafter addition. I'd also love to see some wooden pillars in Leyawiin style, and some roofing tile too. Despite the attention structurals have recently, we are still vastly lacking in some basics, so Leyawiin style really has an opportunity to round it out.

I am also disappointed to see that we didn't get armor and weapon displays. I figured it would be in-character for the Daedra to have plenty of weapons. The Armory Station is not enough.

Also, musical instruments. I addressed this before but Fargrave has plenty of them, so why do we still not see them in housing? Please consider adding them.

There are also some really cool stuff in Fargrave. I won't go into extreme detail but there are so many filled stalls. Also so many alchemical stuff. Please, consider adding a lot of these merchant stalls, particularly the ones with the glowing alchemy stuff. They are so pretty, and would save slots to fill a crafting room.

We are getting lots of big windows, but please consider adding smaller ones too. Also a lot of these windows have been opaque, but I would also like see-through ones. The Display Cases we have from Summerset are beautiful but very limiting as windows, considering they have four sides.

Even bigger bodies of water. The Sulfur Pools are very welcome, but is it possible we could get a body of water as big as the pool from Linchal, but swimmable? I would also love a body of water included in a fountain without something in the center. It tends to get in the way of what I want to do sometimes. The closest example I can think of is the Redguard mosaic fountain, but the basin is not very deep at all. The new Leyawiin fountain corner is only one portion to a single whole. I just want a standard round fountain without a center.

Also in Fargrave, we see a lot of shelves filled with all sorts of things, from lab equipment to display cases to glowing crystals to different eggs, etc. Please consider adding filled shelves for things besides books. I'd love to fill an alchemy room with filled bottle shelves, for instance.
    Edited by TeruKisuke on 28 October 2021 00:12
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree adding more Fargrave furniture but I'm overjoyed with a darker bunch of furniture to build with.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheImperfect It is nice to see updated Daedric furniture. It is not always my cup of tea though (as I am a fan of wooden textures, marble, and brick), but I really love the obsidian smooth textures seen on the undersides of some of the stairs and platforms. My reactions of course are only my opinions, and I try to use most furnishings because I recreate a lot of things from other media, so despite my preference, I will probably use a lot of these. And of course this is only my opinion regarding each individual thing, so I welcome other opinions on the matter. 🙂

With that said, I am quite satisfied with the selection that we got. I figured an honest feedback was best instead of something a bit too general, and ultimately I only have some small nitpicks, as we got a lot of platforms that look a little bit similar but at the same time the variety is good.
    Edited by TeruKisuke on 28 October 2021 15:38
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TeruKisuke the texture and finish and design of the pieces is indeed lovely.
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Update: Finally added pictures to this post, for a better reading experience.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sooo excited for many of the upcoming furnishings! :smiley:
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Araneae6537 I'm honestly waiting for these new things so that I can redecorate my player home after several years. I'm so looking forward to it I can hardly wait. I'm on Xbox though so I have to wait longer. 🥲

Still messing around with prototypes and designs for what I want to do with it. But I feel like my Earthtear house has always benefited from wood and dark stone, so these new furnishings will definitely help!
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the breads you have listed above, only the Fargrave Bread, Various Loaves seem to have made it to live. Unless they are craftable only.
    Edited by carly on 1 November 2021 19:59
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great resource, thank you very much for putting it together and adding your thoughts. I didn't have a chance to check the new furnishings so it's super helpful to be able to preview them all in one place! I really like the lightning furnishings, can't wait to check them out!
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    carly wrote: »
    I don't see the breads you have listed above, only the Fargrave Bread, Various Loaves seem to have made it to live. Unless they are craftable only.

@carly It is likely they are craftable only. The patch is not live for me (Xbox player) and it's been a while since I logged onto PTS, but in another thread I made a catalog of the new furnishings in list form. If you look in the comments then someone was helpful and listed which furnishings are craftable and which ones are crown store only, and the other breads seem to be listed under Craftable. They were in editor on PTS before they hit Live though, so it's curious if they took them out.

You can find the aforementioned thread here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/587373/full-catalog-of-deadlands-dlc-houses-and-furnishings-no-pictures

I hope it helps.
    Edited by TeruKisuke on 1 November 2021 22:40
  • TeruKisuke
    TeruKisuke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    This is a great resource, thank you very much for putting it together and adding your thoughts. I didn't have a chance to check the new furnishings so it's super helpful to be able to preview them all in one place! I really like the lightning furnishings, can't wait to check them out!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes seeing a bunch of pictures in one place for quick reference. 🙂 I would've uploaded pictures sooner, but I wanted permission first since I'm not experienced in taking good screenshots. This is all thanks to Futerko.

The lightning rods are super cool, can't wait to use them and sink them in stuff! The furnishings with "effects" are always fun to use, since effects are hard to come by in housing so far.

I wanted to add detailed feedback because I rationalize it like giving an artist constructive criticism or feedback: A general "good" or "bad" probably isn't helpful, but specific pointers and thoughts are. Of course a lot of my comments are neutral to mimic my honest thoughts. I'm new to this but I think I want to do this from now on for new furnishings when they come out, because feedback of all sorts is probably helpful to the Housing Team haha. I hope it's at least entertaining because I like seeing these kinds of reviews by others too.