The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Exit from dungeon may be changed

Blood_again
Blood_again
✭✭✭✭✭
RG trial has brought a wonderful feature. A wayshrine inside the trial.
Thank you for that. It is really nice to have it there.

I can see a logical extension of this great idea in two possible changes:

1. Respawn point in every dungeon and trial can be a wayshrine to port out.
We already have object that partially works as wayshrine. It is respawn point and teleport exit point.
This object looks similar to the wayshrines.
It doesn't have other (non-wayshrine) functions: not usable, not moving.
So it simply asks to be a teleport entry point, as it is in RG.

2. Exit door can get me outside in front of dungeon door.
Currently picking the dungeon exit works the same as leaving the group. I'm ported to a place where I get to dungeon from.
I see, it was mandatory before One Tamriel. It is still neccessary for dungeons located in DLC zones.
But please, let me just go through the door when I touch it. When I pull the doorknob, I expect to end up on the other side of this door. Not on the other side of Tamriel.

So we would have 3 different ways to get out the dungeon/trial after that.
- leaving the group - sends me back where I ported from.
- pushing the exit door - sends me in front of the dungeon door. If target location is dlc I'm not allowed to - same as leaving the group.
- using wayshrine - lets me to choose a wayshrine to port to.
Plus porting to friend, into a house and things like that for sure.

What do you think? Makes sense?
  • HedgeHugger
    HedgeHugger
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't want to leave group to port back to hand in my pledge. Some groups are for more than just a dungeon.
  • Ishtarknows
    Ishtarknows
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kynes Aegis and Sunspire also have wayshrines, so it's been around a while.
    The new feature to leave instance (and still stay in group should you want to) drops you right back where you were before you ported in. Not sure we need a wayshrine in every dungeon