Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Disband group option after dungeon complete = Toxic behaviour.

Rittings
Rittings
✭✭✭✭✭
I'll explain. So, yesterday, I queue on my tank to do a normal pledge (Darkshade Caverns 1). I'm in there with 3 other random players... 1 is a Dro-mathra Destroyer, the other 2 are lower CP and clearly doing the pledge because they said as much... the endgamer - is not doing the pledge, it's a daily random for them... but they have crown.

He races through, ignoring adds, to the first stopping point (skipping one side boss) as we try to deal with the mess he left behind... We managed to catch up just in time to see him looting the first "pledge" boss...

He then races ahead to the Patriarch boss, skipping the Hive Lord (a pledge boss).. we follow him quickly to that boss, and get to loot it... state we need the Hive Lord boss for pledge, but he races ahead to final boss... and we don't wanna miss final boss loot, so we have no choice but to follow - but it's okay, we'll return to Hive Lord (as we agree) and defeat it after the final boss. so to complete our pledge...

You know what's coming... because my title header has hinted at it... we defeat final boss, and the toxic endgamer disbands group... we have no time at all to get back to defeat the Hive Lord for the pledge...

Zenimax... you need to do 1 of 2 things...

REMOVE DISBAND GROUP FROM DUNGEON FINDER....

or...

MAKE PLEDGES COMPLETE UPON DUNGEON COMPLETE LIKE NEWER DUNGEONS DO....

I don't mind which... but I see this getting even worse soon as the "joining encounter" is added to the older dungeons....
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the 3 of you agreed that you wanted to kill all bosses why didn't you vote kick that 4th player?

Also I really don't like the suggestions of removing small quality of live aspects from the game because a few players use them to cause trouble.

Having the pledge complete when you kill the last boss would be the much better solution as this would also solve the issue of not getting the pledge if you join a group as a replacement in the middle of the run.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not a QoL... you have the option to LEAVE GROUP... and LEAVE INSTANCE.... that should be enough. Having the power to disband the group after a dungeon is completed, does nothing to improve the QoL...

I do agree with the latter, but at this stage, I think we can agree, ZoS aren't going to do that. So, therefore, a quick fix to remove "disband group" option from pick-up groups inside a dungeon finder activity should suffice.

And I tried to kick the player... but we were constantly in combat (due to him running ahead before bosses were even killed, so he was onto the next set) and so therefore, I don't think the newer players understood it would go to notifications and not be displayed on their screen whilst in combat.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rittings wrote: »
    REMOVE DISBAND GROUP FROM DUNGEON FINDER....

or...

MAKE PLEDGES COMPLETE UPON DUNGEON COMPLETE LIKE NEWER DUNGEONS DO....

I don't mind which... but I see this getting even worse soon as the "joining encounter" is added to the older dungeons....

I completely agree. I don't know why disband group is an option.

But more to this specific issue, YES, MAKE PLEDGES COMPLETE LIKE THE DLC DUNGEONS. I am in a number of guilds and run often with guildies. But sometimes I pug dailies when they are the easy ones. Good way to run overland stuff with companions or whatever while having the queue up in the background. The City of Ash 1 pledge day is notorious for missing the first boss on a dungeon finder pug.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's unfortunate that the mechanic was abused. It perhaps shouldn't be an option in a full pug run. You're right. But, you also had the option to boot the toxic player at the first sign of trouble, but you didn't. Yes, the system allows for griefing, but it also allows for removal of griefers. There are tools there to help ease issues like this. If the others didn't know to check notifications, that is another issue that could be discussed, but you likely didn't have time in the moment.
    Edited by redspecter23 on 7 October 2021 20:33
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with removing the option to disband the group - that beats purpose of vote kick. Random parties should not have a leader at all, everyone should be able to find replacements and disband should not be there or should be based on party vote at least.

For the bosses I wish they would go for the opposite and require all bosses to be killed for random runs. So many times people can't make quests or basic achievements because of this. Vote kick is not a working solution for this for many, many reasons.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SickDuck wrote: »
    Agree with removing the option to disband the group - that beats purpose of vote kick. Random parties should not have a leader at all, everyone should be able to find replacements and disband should not be there or should be based on party vote at least.

For the bosses I wish they would go for the opposite and require all bosses to be killed for random runs. So many times people can't make quests or basic achievements because of this. Vote kick is not a working solution for this for many, many reasons.

Interesting point about the random, and that makes a lot of sense. Some are queuing up too to get vanquisher or conqueror and not helped by skippable bosses… but for pledge requirements just the dungeon complete should suffice… even if that means the complete isn’t fulfilled until all bosses are dead.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just let him rush ahead and get killed alone if he ignored requests to do pledge. Unlikely to be able to complete it alone, some people can but not many. Very rude to disband.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should just let him rush ahead and get killed alone if he ignored requests to do pledge. Unlikely to be able to complete it alone, some people can but not many. Very rude to disband.

Yeah, dark shade 1 is pretty easy to solo though. He would have managed no problem at all… in fact, he was soloing most of it lol.
  • dhoward5b14_ESO
    dhoward5b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Pledge should complete when dungeon completes. I sometimes get into a dungeon on my tank after the 1st required boss has been killed. I do not stay in the group because I'm not gonna run it again for the missed boss, or run again just to 1st boss and drop group (thereby screwing the next group).