The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Veteran Dread Cellar is OP

Almakor
Almakor
✭✭✭
I just came back from a Veteran Dread Cellar pledge group and I must say the developers have a sick sense of humor. There are so many moving AOEs that it is nearly impossible to keep the boss in one spot to stack your own AOEs. I was the healer and as far as I noticed the burning status inflicted could not be cleansed. This is a especially bad since everyone is running around to avoid the AOEs it is excessively difficult to keep the rest of the group alive until the burning status wears off. As a healer I find that unforgivable. Even with the secret bosses helping we never got the boss below 30%. Rather than having their synergies deal aoes, it would be better to have them get rid of all the flame tornadoes. Finally, if your going to get kicked out the Agonymium Stone rooms eventually, especially considering you don't have much time, your should be given some kind of advantage if you go through the portal in time like the boss is stunned for a bit. I want it known that if this was all hard mode, then I would have no complaints.
  • hafgood
    hafgood
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to be honest, first run through on vet with a tank snd 3 dd's we failed to complete the final boss.

Second attempt with a tank, a healer and 2 dd's the final boss was ridiculously easy compared to the first attempt, the stones in the portal went down quickly and were no issue. We had 4 deaths - 2 on the final secret boss and 2 on the final boss. And the ones on the final boss were due to getting an understanding of the mechs.

After my first run I'd have agreed with you, after my second I'm afraid I don't.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dread Cellar
    Magma Incarnate
    Reduced the duration and frequency of Blitz Burn.

This was in the lastest patch notes. I ran it before it was nerfed, but this tended to be the only difficulty I found as a healer. Regeneration was not enough to heal through the Blitz Burns, so I had to spam burst heals and use the Resto staff ulti a lot.

My suggestion is to take things slowly. No need to rush things. When you go through the portal, make sure everyone goes through together. We experienced health desyncs otherwise. When you come out, use one of the secret boss synergies. Be warned that the fire wall spawns where the portal is....so move away from that area. Save the 2nd boss synergy for the 2nd time you come out of the portal. As a healer, stay near the tank, but near the middle. The gap for the fire wall is near the center. Dps should focus the imps / adds right away. And lastly, use the CP that gives you a faster rez. It is really helpful.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found this boss to be very easy. When tanking I’ve never had a group struggle with him.

Yesterday I ran it as a DD and had my first failed group on it. The other DD and our healer couldn’t stay up. Perhaps it’s the things you describe.

But the encounter never felt OP to me.
  • tzaeru
    tzaeru
    ✭✭
    I think it's really cool there's tough veteran dungeons around.

Not all content needs to be finishable on the first or even the second attempt.