The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Am I screwed on lancers (cross alliance)?

DrSlaughtr
DrSlaughtr
✭✭✭✭✭
I recently changed my main pvp character to DC. My scrying is leveled on a red.

It appears there's no way to get a DC lancer because as soon as I open the crate it makes it an EP lancer. And you can't deposit lancer crates in the back to open on my main character to get it DC.

This seems like a really silly misstep.
I drink and I stream things.
Twitch: DrSlaughtr
YouTube: DrSlaughtr
Facebook: DrSlaughtr
Twitter: DrSlaughtr
TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I had a similar situation on my guys - yellow lancers when I play EP. The simple solution is to simply level up antiquities on your DC toon. To do purples you only need to go half way. I just did Arteum one day there was a 20 antiquties endeavour, and then did a few more to get it up. Bear in mind that, given youll only be digging these up once every now and then - think they drop off gladiator boxes - its doesn't really matter if it takes a cpl of goes. I think I invested maybe 6 skill pts total.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Yes. I had a similar situation on my guys - yellow lancers when I play EP. The simple solution is to simply level up antiquities on your DC toon. To do purples you only need to go half way. I just did Arteum one day there was a 20 antiquties endeavour, and then did a few more to get it up. Bear in mind that, given youll only be digging these up once every now and then - think they drop off gladiator boxes - its doesn't really matter if it takes a cpl of goes. I think I invested maybe 6 skill pts total.

I'd rather cut off all my fingers than do that again. 😆

It's just a dumb oversight to not let you put the lancer crates in your bank.
    Edited by DrSlaughtr on 25 September 2021 14:39
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe, maybe not. They did deliberately lock off furnishings acquired from antiquities from being trade-able with other players. Feels more like they did this so non-Greymoor owners can't acquire the Lancers like they did with furniture.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vevvev wrote: »

Maybe, maybe not. They did deliberately lock off furnishings acquired from antiquities from being trade-able with other players. Feels more like they did this so non-Greymoor owners can't acquire the Lancers like they did with furniture.

You can't trade lancers which you can bank. Just because you put something in your bank doesn't mean you can hand it out.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It appears there's no way to get a DC lancer because as soon as I open the crate it makes it an EP lancer. And you can't deposit lancer crates in the back to open on my main character to get it DC.

Yeah I had that happen when my main used to be blue and was levelling scrying on my yellow. I assumed i could just bank the crate and open it on my blue but nooooope. It doesn't make sense, why is it even in a crate then? Nothing else is in a crate.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Yeah I had that happen when my main used to be blue and was levelling scrying on my yellow. I assumed i could just bank the crate and open it on my blue but nooooope. It doesn't make sense, why is it even in a crate then? Nothing else is in a crate.

Another question. Why are they alliance locked? This equipment is already player locked. I don't see the point of "pact lancer" or "dominion lancer."

I realize that other than utility seige, such as repair kits, all seige are alliance locked BUT it's not the same as lancers. Either let us bank the crates before opening OR get rid of the alliance lock on them.
  • renne
    renne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    renne wrote: »

Another question. Why are they alliance locked? This equipment is already player locked. I don't see the point of "pact lancer" or "dominion lancer."

I realize that other than utility seige, such as repair kits, all seige are alliance locked BUT it's not the same as lancers. Either let us bank the crates before opening OR get rid of the alliance lock on them.

I haven't particularly looked at it so I don't know if it's alliance skinned, but I am guessing it's literally just because it's the same with other siege. I think it's silly that ANY of it is alliance locked tbh. I destroyed a ton of blue stuff when I alliance switched to yellow so I could pvp with my friends because I was no longer able to use it.