The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Weapon and Spell Power potions

StarOfElyon
StarOfElyon
✭✭✭✭✭
I think we should be able to craft these potions that provide major sorcery and major brutality. And more expensive to craft potions could grant the major versions of these buffs: sorcery, prophecy, brutality, and savagery.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm afraid I don't quite follow you. Major Sorcery, Major Prophecy, Major Brutality, and Major Savagery can already be used in potions. Typically you'll see Major Sorcery combined with Major Prophecy and Restore Magicka (corn flower, lady's smock, and Namira's rot -- often colloquially called "spell power pots") or Major Brutality and Major Savagery combined with Restore Stamina (blessed thistle and dragonthorn with either wormwood or water hyacinth, often called "weapon power pots").

Are you referring to Bastian's "potent" potions that provide Major Sorcery or Major Brutality, or perhaps the alliance war potions you can purchase in Cyrodiil (these are identical to player-made potions, unlike most looted potions, which have shorter effects)?
  • oterWitz
    oterWitz
    ✭✭✭✭
    The way I read the OP is to have the same potion provide mixed stats, like both major sorcery and major brutality. I've looked into this myself too, now that I'm starting to run some "hybrid" skills (stam on a mag toon and vice versa), and agree it would be nice, though I know in the past when ZoS has introduced new ingredients they have been very expensive on the player market and sometimes also acted as a food ingredient to further drive up the cost. And having the same potion provide all four buffs wouldn't work in the current alchemy system, which only allows three effects max. Still, I would like to see hybridized potions added to the game and believe it's on the table with the way current changes are going.

Also, as it's related, I've been wishing for some new hybridized foods. Currently, there are foods and drinks that provide increase to max stam + mag, or to one and then recovery for the other. Then there are also a couple of foods that provide tri stat with health recovery. I wish there could be new purple or gold food that gave bi (or tri, but I know that's too generous) stat plus recovery for stam or mag rather than health.
    PC NA
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oterWitz wrote: »
    The way I read the OP is to have the same potion provide mixed stats, like both major sorcery and major brutality. I've looked into this myself too, now that I'm starting to run some "hybrid" skills (stam on a mag toon and vice versa), and agree it would be nice, though I know in the past when ZoS has introduced new ingredients they have been very expensive on the player market and sometimes also acted as a food ingredient to further drive up the cost. And having the same potion provide all four buffs wouldn't work in the current alchemy system, which only allows three effects max. Still, I would like to see hybridized potions added to the game and believe it's on the table with the way current changes are going.

Also, as it's related, I've been wishing for some new hybridized foods. Currently, there are foods and drinks that provide increase to max stam + mag, or to one and then recovery for the other. Then there are also a couple of foods that provide tri stat with health recovery. I wish there could be new purple or gold food that gave bi (or tri, but I know that's too generous) stat plus recovery for stam or mag rather than health.

Yeah that's what I meant. Some foods will be nice too. I like Jewels of Misrule though. A max stam and mag food with both recoveries would be cool too.

And some weapon/spell damage glyphs are needed. I like where hybrids are now but a few more options would be nice.