The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO+ War Bag & PVP quickslot wheel (QOL suggestions)

Solantris
Solantris
✭✭✭
Hello, murder friends!

Coming in hot with a some small QOL suggestions :)

As we all know, inventory space in ESO is pretty premium real estate. I've seen a lot of complaints about the amount of bagspace cyrodiil players need in order to cart around siege effectively, but I don't think stackable siege is the answer. There's the technical limitation (as they all have independent health bars), but also, I think limiting the machines a player can carry is also pretty important. One player should not able to field an infinite army of siege and taking up bagspace does effectively limit that... just at the expense of our precious available slots. It becomes tiresome if you're not spending masses of time in inventory management mode; I imagine this is largely why most cyro mains I know have full mailboxes, with rewards of the worthy + siege being a pain in the ass all on it's own. God forbid you want to do any pve, you'll be full up in no time at all. It's a rough gig on pc and a lot of us run banking add-ons, I can't imagine how it feels for console mans.

That said, my simple suggestion: bring in an ESO+ war bag. Just like the craft bag, except for AVA items. It would default to storing anything marked siege, divided into categories based on the type of siege rather than the profession. Unlike the mats bag, however, it would put a standard limitation on the amount of siege you can carry. My arbitrary number would be 5 or 10 items of each type of siege for each faction, so at max capacity it would look something like:

Rams:
1x Dominion battering ram
1x Pact battering ram
1x Pact battering ram
1x Pact battering ram
1x Pact battering ram
1x Pact battering ram
1x Covenant battering ram

^ repeated for each category (balistas, lancers, oils, catapults, camps etc)

This suggestion comes from the want to economise inventory space through existing game mechanics. It's a pretty small change in the scheme of things, but I genuinely think it would have a pretty big QOL impact on the general accessibility of cyro. As pvpers, how many times have you rolled up to a keep with a small group but been unable to get things really started because nobody slots rams and the one guy who does just ran out? Imagine just logging into cyro with your various alts and being able to tier them up at the end of a camp without having to bother shuffling everything around, it's right there in your war bag.

Of course, not every pvper out there is interested in siege. I get that. But I do think more people would throw some down if they didn't have to compromise on slots.

Which brings me to my next, smaller suggestion: AVA quickslot. Just having a separate wheel available in areas that give battle spirit. I'd love to come out of cyro and not have to unslot siege and pots every time I wanna throw some momentoes around. Not suggesting an additional wheel, mind, just a separate one that activates in pvp areas.

So, what do you think? If you're a pvp main who doesn't use ESO+, would a war bag make it appealing to you? Why/why not? Would you use a separate pvp area quickslot? Do you have better ideas? Let me know!
Edited by Solantris on 20 September 2021 10:07
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 200 inventory slots on my pvp characters, I have various pots, different armor and weapons, food, siege, recall stones, forward camps and still have spare slots.

The only issue is transmute things that I delete if I run out of space. Maybe these could be bankable?
  • alterfenixeb17_ESO
    alterfenixeb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have 200 inventory slots on my pvp characters, I have various pots, different armor and weapons, food, siege, recall stones, forward camps and still have spare slots.

The only issue is transmute things that I delete if I run out of space. Maybe these could be bankable?
    Actually considering how much useless stuff other than sieges is being gathered over time and how much space can be saved by just getting rid of those then even 140 is just more than enough in fact. Just address problem of all those items that people do not really need but still they are taking space (it is not just transmutation).