The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A NEW Ceporah Tower House Suggestion: Study of the Mystic

Vehlir
Vehlir
✭✭✭✭
4g387qndmm0j.png

Welcome to my suggestion thread for the "Study of the Mystic", a buyable Player House located within Ceporah Tower itself on the island of Artaeum!

The island of Artaeum, home of the Psijic Order, was one of the most anticipated reveals of a previously unseen place in TES lore. Needless to say they knocked it out of the park, and delivered to us one of the most beautiful & memorable locations in the entire series. The island gets a lot of love for it's beautiful clash of colors, sparkling beaches and mystical skies encasing the island. However the main feature of both the island and my suggestion, is the Headquarters of the Psijic Order. Ceporah Tower itself

As amazing as the island is, it was the Tower itself that completely stole my imagination and blew my mind. A masterclass in otherworldly architecture! A place unlike any other in the series absolutely permeating arcane/mysterious wonder. The origins of Ceporah Tower are shrouded in mystery. It's foundations constructed by unknown ancient beings, in a style not seen anywhere else on continental Tamriel. It was there more then several hundred years prior to the arrival of the first Altmer on the island.

Summary & Floorplan of "Study of the Mystic"

My suggestion for this home is for a Private Quarters/Study within the chambers of Ceporah Tower. My inspiration for this is the already existing Private Quarters of other members Valsirenn & Iaechesis, that can be seen and visited by the players. Sotha Sil also having a private room as well. Click HERE to see screenshot of these already existing Private Quarters.

When entering the foyer via Ceporah Tower's main entrance, you see 3 doorways leading into the personal quarters of other members, as well as hallways leading to other various rooms such as the Library and Scrying room. There IS however a 4th doorway as well. This (Click here to see a picture of the door I'm referencing) doorway is currently blocked off and not being used at all right now. But it DOES exist, just unused. Almost asking TO be used ;)

This doorway would lead to teleportation pads, just like the other Private Quarters rooms use, and would teleport you to the house. (This is currently the exact same way we enter the Grand Psijic Villa too.)

For the actual home itself I'd be open to pretty much any layout whatsoever but for the sake of the thread, I've drawn up a quick small one for display. For the main room, you would have the main room just like Valsirenn/Iaechesis and the other private quarters currently use. Then on the sides, would be two doorways into 2 additional rooms as well. (These two rooms are the exact same rooms already used in the hallways of Ceporah Tower's main floor.)

Below, using in-game maps of the interiors, I put together a preview of what the floor plan could look like while In-Game.
qf1pwb7ulue0.jpg

3 Rooms, Providing the player space and different areas to set up Dummy training areas, crafting stations, storage/displays, sleeping areas, libraries, you name it! Basically, giving us the same exact Private Quarters as already displayed in game as possible, but with a little extra space. Admittedly it’s not a wildly complex layout proposal, I wanted to keep it simple. I also toyed with the idea of asking for some type of entrance into an outdoor balcony, way up into the towers, but seeing as that isn't something currently in the game, I didn't include it. My suggestions always try to ONLY utilize existing areas, and assets in the game, as to make the suggestion as easy as possible to implement. (However again, I would be more then happy to see ANY layout used if it meant us getting a home inside Ceporah Tower.)

Conclusion

This is a home I've wanted for many years and I've heard similiar sentiments from others throughout my time chatting with people on these forums so I figured why not make an actual thread for it! I hope you've enjoyed this suggestion! Please feel free to leave any thoughts, feedback, further ideas to improve upon this suggestion! Thank you for reading! :)

TLDR; My thoughts & goals for the idea:

1) Add a home inside Ceporah Tower. Using that super cool, completely unique Ceporah architectural style. Grand Psijic Villa, while a very cool & beautiful home, is made in the Alinor style, as found on Summerset. This would a unique style for a one-of-a-kind home.

2) Add another house option in that Medium/Small sized House Typing. It's a well-documented desire of players to have more homes in these smaller sizes, as they tend to work better with the current Furnishing Caps in the game. Again, in context to Grand Psijic Villa, this would provide player's a smaller alternative for those seeking to live on Artaeum. Choices are good right?

3) Utilize ONLY existing spaces in the game and existing assets. This suggestion requires no rework of the current interior's layout in Ceporah Tower. It requires no new assets to be made either.

4) We join the order, but currently cannot live amongst them. Our only current option is to inhabit the disconnected island out back that got brought on accident. I aim for this to allow us, full-fledged Psijic Order members, to actually live with our brethren inside the Tower like other members do as seen in-game. Dialogue by several members within Ceporah tower even discuss with you when you join how Ceporah Tower will begin to feel like home for you. As seen in THIS IMAGE HERE.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeees, 100%! :smiley:

Ceporah Tower has a totally unique architectural style and we don't have any house there, even though there are plenty of portals that don't lead anywhere.

I really like your suggestions, and hope that ZOS adds a Ceporah Psijic Suite with a few rooms in 2022's Q1 update (hopefully alongside a nice Vivec City Canton home that's bigger than the shoebox of an inn room we have :tongue:)! They added quite a lot of crazy magical items with Fargrave, like floating balls of light (very similar to the Psijic Glow Orbs), crystals, levitating books (also like the Levitating Books we can get from the Psijic Blueprint merchant, but bigger and fancier) - so those furniture would look perfect in a Ceporah-style house!

Fingers crossed that they'll add a house for some of these unique styles eventually!
    8l1wwjdu6rz5.png

• disulfidebridges
    disulfidebridges
    Soul Shriven
    Amazing idea! I'd love a medium-sized house in either Summerset and Artaeum and your proposal is very well argumented and written.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    We absolutely need something Ceporah-themed. The Grand Psijic Villa doesn't quite feel Psijic enough.
    Not necessarily sure I like the idea of a private suite in the tower itself, I'd rather have something bigger (perhaps on multiple stories, kind of like Tel Galen, connected via teleporters and stairs, the circular ones really fit the seashell theme) and secluded, maybe in some kind of pocket plane like Shalidor's Shrouded Realm or some such, and accessed by portal (the water teleporter is really neat, it could be in the tower itself, or it could be an "item" kind of like the Snow Globe inside the tower or not, just ideas being thrown around).
    The good news is we're getting some more floating books and bubbles in the next DLC apparently, but still not enough to recreate the "underwater-ish" atmosphere of Ceporah Tower.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Yeees, 100%! :smiley:

They added quite a lot of crazy magical items with Fargrave, like floating balls of light (very similar to the Psijic Glow Orbs), crystals, levitating books (also like the Levitating Books we can get from the Psijic Blueprint merchant, but bigger and fancier) - so those furniture would look perfect in a Ceporah-style house!

Fingers crossed that they'll add a house for some of these unique styles eventually!
    8l1wwjdu6rz5.png

Yeah the new datamines show TONS of really cool mystic/arcane stuff! I also noticed that the music that plays in Fargrave's Ossa Accentium is the same music that plays within Ceporah Tower! Fingers crossed indeed! 🤞
    Amazing idea! I'd love a medium-sized house in either Summerset and Artaeum and your proposal is very well argumented and written.

Thanks! Fingers crossed 🤞
    Adremal wrote: »
    We absolutely need something Ceporah-themed. The Grand Psijic Villa doesn't quite feel Psijic enough.
    I'd rather have something bigger (perhaps on multiple stories, kind of like Tel Galen, connected via teleporters and stairs, the circular ones really fit the seashell theme)

Agreed!

And yeah I'm ALL FOR anything bigger, if they went that route I'd totally be happy with it. It sounds great to me! Basically I just want a Ceporah Tower home anyway we possibly can get it small or big haha.

Edited by Vehlir on 3 October 2021 18:24
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vehlir wrote: »
    Yeah the new datamines show TONS of really cool mystic/arcane stuff! I also noticed that the music that plays in Fargrave's Ossa Accentium is the same music that plays within Ceporah Tower! Fingers crossed indeed! 🤞
    Ooh, now that's a nice catch! You have a good ear, lol! :smiley:

Speaking of Ossa Accentium, I'm a little let down by the Fargrave house - for an allegedly otherworldy house in a magical realm, it looks really mundane. Just 90% Redguard house in a desert, and the rest is some random giant skeletons... The whole Hew's Bane rooftops vibe doesn't help either, apart from a handful of floating items, it really feels like we've been to similar places before.

Meanwhile Ceporah Tower is entirely mystical and would have fit a trans-dimensional magical house much better imo. Its mysterious unexplained origins would have allowed that architecture to exist in the planes of Oblivion too, I think. Just look at the Psijic furniture, twisting stone with magical rune engravings, would have suited an excursion to a mystical realm much better than plain wood stalls and plain stone structures.

• Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird

Can't speak too much on Fargrave beyond the videos I've seen on the PTS, but as for Ceporah Tower, I agree it's absolutely incredible their vision in designing it. Really nailed that mystical, mysterious vibe. Even the tables I really liked 😅😅

Hopefully we can get lucky and see it next year! It (Alongside a larger Vivec City home) is my literal #1 wish in Housing atm..
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this done in a much larger and grander scale. Make it even bigger than the tower. Make it intimidating, gibbous, and foreboding. That's part of the reason why I want it underground. In the lore caverns as large as Blackreach exist under Blackmarsh. There are also islands it can be but on, or it could even be in the ocean itself. The next expansion has us dangerously near Thrass after all.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see this done in a much larger and grander scale. Make it even bigger than the tower. Make it intimidating, gibbous, and foreboding. That's part of the reason why I want it underground. In the lore caverns as large as Blackreach exist under Blackmarsh. There are also islands it can be but on, or it could even be in the ocean itself. The next expansion has us dangerously near Thrass after all.

I don't know about intimidating and foreboding, I'd leaning towards "neutral with its own unique theme", that way it could be customized one way or another more easily, but I like the ocean idea. Or it could be something both above and underground, kind of like the original one. Or above and below the sea. There already is a fantastic precedent for a house featuring a large section below a body of water after all (the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor).
  • DarthCuddlefluff
    DarthCuddlefluff
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know about intimidating and foreboding, I'd leaning towards "neutral with its own unique theme", that way it could be customized one way or another more easily, but I like the ocean idea. Or it could be something both above and underground, kind of like the original one. Or above and below the sea. There already is a fantastic precedent for a house featuring a large section below a body of water after all (the Lakemire Xanmeer Manor).

I think it would work well if it were foreboding because of the inspiration for the house being the art Zdzisław Beksiński AKA "The Nightmare Artist"
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I would love a room in Ceporah Tower, I disagree that it should be bigger than the Ritemaster's quarters, if only because I feel like that would look a little funny and too grandiose to look like a legitimate room in the humble looking Psijic's tower. Basically, I wouldn't want it to stick out like a sore thumb, as I'd feel like it would take away the magic of it.

Although I will admit that this desire to have a cozier space could just be the result of my disillusionment with super large mansions that I have right now; I think I just want something different.
  • Adremal
    Adremal
    ✭✭✭✭

I think it would work well if it were foreboding because of the inspiration for the house being the art Zdzisław Beksiński AKA "The Nightmare Artist"

I'm not sure that's the case unless there's some official source backing it. Beksiński's works are way darker than anything in game. Also a big part of the appeal in the tower's design is how it feels otherwordly/aethereal yet "serene".Just my opinion only of course. And I do like hellscapes - Giger, Beksiński and Barlowe are all geniuses if you ask me - but TES games in general and this one in particular don't have much in the way of hellscapes. Closest thing that comes to mind might be TES:V's Apocrypha.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure that's the case unless there's some official source backing it. Beksiński's works are way darker than anything in game. Also a big part of the appeal in the tower's design is how it feels otherwordly/aethereal yet "serene".Just my opinion only of course. And I do like hellscapes - Giger, Beksiński and Barlowe are all geniuses if you ask me - but TES games in general and this one in particular don't have much in the way of hellscapes. Closest thing that comes to mind might be TES:V's Apocrypha.

Agreed. I don't get the feeling that any part of the Psijic's island is meant to be terrifying or disturbing; for all points and purposes, they seem to be pacifist-leaning monks. I always thought the tower was meant to look like the inside of a seashell, or at least reminiscent of some kind of coral while the lighting is meant to look like you're hanging underwater. They got this distinct sea vibe going on.