The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

PVP LAG STILL THE SAME

Steel-256
Steel-256
✭✭✭
  • Steel-256
    Steel-256
    ✭✭✭
    This clip was from years ago and guess what , ,,.....there is still no fix for it.
    STEEL PURE MAN
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that he says thing will get better and better and you will have a smoother cyrodiil experience. The sad part is performance has only gotten worse ever since.
    Edited by SimonThesis on 12 September 2021 12:43
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, they nerf a single weapon glyph and tout it as a "performance improvement," yet at the same time dump these new mega-calculating AOE pull and multiplicative damage sets on us.

Ironic, isn't it?
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • DoTHurts
    DoTHurts
    ✭✭✭
    no it's not, it's waaay worse!
  • MalakithAlamahdi
    MalakithAlamahdi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it's not fixed after half a decade, it means its a feature.
  • Vizirith
    Vizirith
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still just as unplayable as always. Nothing ever changes.
  • snipezor
    snipezor
    ✭✭✭
    I partially suspect there are two network admins, who don't know that the other exists, engaged in eternal combat over server scaling.

Admin1: "There are only X players in Cyrodiil at Y time - let's scale this back and save some money!" *click*

- some time later -

Admin2: "This server is scaled too low for X players in Cyrodiil at Y time - let's scale this up and increase performance!" *click*

- some time later -

Admin1: "I had this set lower... strange." *click*

Admin2: "I had this set higher... strange." *click*

Cut to Ron Perlman: "War... war never changes."

I also suspect that Admin2 spends a lot of time out of the office, perhaps burning sick time, playing better games.
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm never one to give the game a pass on performance but Ravenwatch has been really fantastic this last campaign cycle.

You get some issues when there's like a triple faction-stack at one keep but anything other than that and I notice no issues.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same old lag, new and improved procs!!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its not the same its way worse with Dark convergence now.
  • KashyyyK240
    KashyyyK240
    ✭✭✭
    Worse performance? What do you mean? I haven't even noticed, but probably that's because I quit Cyrodiil some time ago lol.

But seriously now, I do have a performance experience to share:

I dragged myself into Cyrodiil for the first time this patch and encountered a ball group buzzing around Glademist's inner keep. Despite heavy lags, I was on my aoe magden with Azureblight Reaper and the Occult Overload CP slottable resembling this set, ready to blow this group up.
    After a few failed attempts where they dropped to around 50% hp, I finally charged them with all I had, permafrost ulti, arctic blast and all other aoe dots perfectly placed underneath them, at which point the game froze for a solid 5-6 seconds (I find it difficult to believe their game was 100% fine too).
    After the freeze I found myself in close proximity, stuck in a dark convergence proc and unable to move or break free, only to die after 1 second to a Dark Convergence blast for 29K damage. 29 Tucking thousands damage on a proc set.

I guess sets like this play the game for you, even through lag and performance issues? You mash a button until the server finally allows it to go off, you pull+cc+damage someone who can't get out because of the same lag and you rake in the kills.

They didn't improve the performance, but now you can kill others without needing to input any controls, so I guess pvp is fixed. I guess that dev who said he's playing in pug zergs has the time of his life this patch lol. *butterfingers*
  • Noumentor
    Noumentor
    ✭✭
    Okay seriously tho, cyrodill is a joke nowdays. I tried to play twice this week and with the lag its unplayable. I cant use my abilities, I break free 3-4 times and it doesnt work. After all these years with this consistent lag it has only gotten way too worse. What a way to ruin the game...
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noumentor wrote: »
    Okay seriously tho, cyrodill is a joke nowdays. I tried to play twice this week and with the lag its unplayable. I cant use my abilities, I break free 3-4 times and it doesnt work. After all these years with this consistent lag it has only gotten way too worse. What a way to ruin the game...

Pretty much this. The poor performance has either stayed the same or become worse. That break free issue didn't use to be a thing, now it happens regularly and is usually a death sentence. After so many years I've lost faith that the problems can be fixed. It's a real shame.