The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dark Convergence pulled me from 3rd floor of keep

EdmondDontes
EdmondDontes
✭✭✭✭✭
This is just game breaking. There is no other way to slice it. I lost the coldfire ballista I was using at the time too.

The new PvP proc sets are game breaking. And I haven't seen any mention of doing anything about it either. [snip]

[edited for goodbye/quitting thread]
Edited by ZOS_Icy on 13 September 2021 12:58
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    same.
    I was firing away with my cold Fire ballista from a wall and was pulled to the ground level. I murdered my way back inside and was actually able to use my cold fire again. foolish me tried to then repair my cold fire ballista, but some jerk hopped on it and used it up. I was trying to talk to them, but I got pulled off again.
    the new set rocks. super fun
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take a vacation down to Ravenwatch while you wait for these sets to be nerfed. It's like paradise without those sets.
  • SimonThesis
    SimonThesis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm I have been pulled from the third floor down to the first and even thru walls with this set. They need to fix this.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, nobody's running oils or risking their lancers or coldfires any more. Dumb mechanic to make walls irrelevant, and has previously been off limits. No idea why ZOS reversed course with these two new pull sets.

They also haven't even acknowledged that there's a problem. The one-sided dev/player diconnect continues as usual.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • deleted221106-002999
    deleted221106-002999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe an adjustment to the tool-tip is all that's required to fix it: "...Also renders keep defences obsolete." :|
  • mikerocks36
    mikerocks36
    Soul Shriven
    lost my fire lancer to a pull set and my shock lancer to disconnecting I demand I get replacements!! no but srsly pulling people off the walls has to stop it needs a fix fast
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lost my fire lancer to a pull set and my shock lancer to disconnecting I demand I get replacements!! no but srsly pulling people off the walls has to stop it needs a fix fast

There's a bug (been reported for over a year now) where if you hit someone wearing Thews of the Harbinger with a lancer, it will make you crash. I've lost several lancers this way.
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most important question is how can such sets survive 5 or 6 weeks of pts?
    PS5|EU
  • ShortTripToHell
    ShortTripToHell
    ✭✭✭
    A more important question came when my group raided earlier. It is under very certain circumstances when you get pulled down with this set. You could in a time use DK jump up a wall and that was considered cheating I believe and ppl got in trouble because of it.

Simple question from a simple minded person.... Aren't people trying to exploit a bug and isn't that punishble? I know ppl will get salty and all but no feelings involved lads.. Isn't it bug exploiting what we're doing?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. New sets are not just over-performing. They are game breaking, either due to bugs or ignoring standards zos established regarding proc-sets and their overall power. I play this game a lot (since 2014) and I have never ever seen 2 sets that pretty much thrown build /set diversity out of the window. Even pre-nerf Viper / sload was not as bad as this.

We have not seen any re-work to those sets, so I assume if we ever see it, it will be the next major update (q4 story zone dlc).

My solution is to simply move to no cp / no proc for now. Within 4 days CP campaign ends, so I will definitely move there. No CP has lower population, but I guess this is about to change judging by what I can see on CP Cyro zone chat & here on forums. Biggest issue for me was to figure out what to use in no-proc as the list of working sets we got is... less than "ok" shall we say... Many sets that are working are missing from that list and some sets on that list don't work at all lol.

Anyway, there is still some time left (4 days) to theory - craft a build. So if you are fed-up with DC & Hrothgar you can move to no-proc for much healthier PvP experience.
  • ResidentContrarian
    ResidentContrarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

PTS is not an exact replication of live, but even on paper the design should have raised alarm bells. Plaguebreak is probably the only set doing what it's supposed to, although even that set needs to be toned down on the DoT side because it can become an 'I win' button with zero counter for DoT builds that actually do damage or stack significant amounts of DoT (hybrids stacking as much DoT as possible).
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun7dance wrote: »

Cyro during the pts cycle was "no proc." Sets were not tested in Cyro prior to release.
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just game breaking. There is no other way to slice it. I lost the coldfire ballista I was using at the time too.

The new PvP proc sets are game breaking. And I haven't seen any mention of doing anything about it either. [snip]

[edited for goodbye/quitting thread]

I pressed Alt+F4 because it made me so frustrated. We can't play like this or reasonably be expected to believe ZOS' claims about anything when we get treated like this.
    Edited by EdmondDontes on 13 September 2021 17:37
  • jasonleitch1_ESO
    jasonleitch1_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Being pulled through doors and walls needs serious addressing by the devs.

Being pulled off walls is a programming issue that I do not think can be easily fixed.

The issue seems to be in attempting to place a ground effect on a keep wall/upper level. Often, the only location from the ground to anchor the ground effect (on a keep wall/upper level) are in locations where the center is either over a "lip" or midair. Both these locations cause major issues in attempts to defend outposts and keeps.

Until or unless these anchor points are fixed this issue will remain. Given the ZOS track record of acknowledging and fixing bugs in Cyrodiil, this will likely become a new game feature. (I may change my mind on ZOS fixing bugs once ZOS at least acknowledges my 3 month old video post showing an "invisible fire rune with a bow equipped" bug - Love not knowing where my fire rune is located, or if it was actually cast.)
    PC/NA: Pentar Stonedrake (mag sorc) - Undefined (technically my main)
    PC/NA: Pentora Stonedrake (stam sorc) - Death Huntress (NB hunter / speed build)
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being pulled off walls is a programming issue that I do not think can be easily fixed.

Every other form of pull in the game (Chains, Leash, Swarm Mother, Vateshran shield, etc, as well as all gap closers) has been modified to not pull people off/onto walls. ZOS simply neglected or chose not to code these sets the same way.
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plague isn't bag. Hrothgar and Dark Convergence are the biggest cheese sets ever released in his game. And that's saying a lot.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Larcomar
    Larcomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kind of interested to know what abilities people are using to get it up there. I mean it's go to be an AOE right. Most of them won't go up on a wall like that, if you cast it at someone up top it'll just land on the ground in front of the wall... Hell, I trie dslotting eruption one time on defence and figured Id cast it *down* where the ram was. Most of the time it just landed at my feet. May just be me and targeting but it feels like most abilities are programmed to not go up the y axis
    Edited by Larcomar on 15 September 2021 13:24
  • DrSlaughtr
    DrSlaughtr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »
    Kind of interested to know what abilities people are using to get it up there. I mean it's go to be an AOE right. Most of them won't go up on a wall like that, if you cast it at someone up top it'll just land on the ground in front of the wall... Hell, I trie dslotting eruption one time on defence and figured Id cast it *down* where the ram was. Most of the time it just landed at my feet. May just be me and targeting but it feels like most abilities are programmed to not go up the y axis

Like warden's sub assault / deep fissure it doesn't respect the z axis. The proc itself pulls not just horizontally but also vertically. So if someone is directly above you, you can get pulled down. The AOE doesn't matter. But you do have to be directly above it, from what I've seen.
    I drink and I stream things.
    Twitch: DrSlaughtr
    YouTube: DrSlaughtr
    Facebook: DrSlaughtr
    Twitter: DrSlaughtr
    TikTok: DrSlaughtr
  • Oakenaxe
    Oakenaxe
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding my agreement here, Dark Convergence is ridiculous as it is now. You know a set is broken when everybody starts using it. Same can be said about Hrothgar. They need a nerf asap.
    a.k.a. Leo
    non-native English speaker
    200-300 ping and low fps player
  • Flangdoodle
    Flangdoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Larcomar wrote: »

It's pretty easy to angle caltrops to land on the top of walls. Boneyard can be targeted up there too.
  • Jameson18
    Jameson18
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty easy to angle caltrops to land on the top of walls. Boneyard can be targeted up there too.

Correct.

Along with:

Winters Revenge
    Corrupting Pollen
    Lightning Splash
    Spear Shards
    Fire Rune (tricky to position but works in the right spots/corners)
  • EdmondDontes
    EdmondDontes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is still happening and people are getting much better at throwing their Dark Convergence way, way, waaaaaaay, farther than it should reach. The set is still proccing even after the wearer is dead too.

• Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got pulled down from multiple rooftops. No point in going to them for the time being.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jameson18 wrote: »

Correct.

Along with:

Winters Revenge
    Corrupting Pollen
    Lightning Splash
    Spear Shards
    Fire Rune (tricky to position but works in the right spots/corners)

healing springs works as well lol
  • Feaky
    Feaky
    ✭✭✭
    To summarize my experiences with DC right now. It is like throwing a grenade that has a range as long as a rifle but you do not need to aim it, just toss in a general vicinity. it is not constrained by walls, floors or line of sight. The explosions stack with other grenades. If you toss it in someone's general vicinity, it stuns and immobilizes the them for 4 secs, so while they are trying to break free, you can spam other attacks at them. Unlike a grenade, when it lands, it pulls people into its range and the more people it pulls, the more damage it does.

And, best yet, there is no crowd control cooldown, so after you break free from one, u can get pulled into another one, and another one.

Somehow, the braintrust at ZOS thought this would be a good idea.

Now I hear they are going to add crit to DC and other procs. So the 50% of the population that is currently wearing it will increase to 100%, and those who do not, will most likely quit.
  • Kory
    Kory
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me earlier. 3rd floor right through the wall and crashing down outside the keep :D
    Some players exploiting this already, that's tough

Should probably stop players from being able to cast ground abilities on keep walls. While it was kind of funny, it's not really fair or engaging gameplay. Defeats the purpose of counter siege.

Can a DragonKnight use his power to chain someone off the keep walls? NO. But the armor he's wearing can, and it also snares, stuns, and does damage.
    Edited by Kory on 21 September 2021 06:42
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, they buffed damage boost per target from 10% to 50%, just in case anyone would still had an idea to run some other set lol :p
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on 21 September 2021 08:03
  • WaywardArgonian
    WaywardArgonian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is what I don't like about the PTS changes to the set. Even in its current state, DC is avoidable in the vast majority of the cases provided there is no lag. However, likely due to the weird way in which the game calculates player position, you can get pulled from way outside the radius, and when there's lag that often means insta-death as there is no time to react. Add to that the frequent pulling through/off walls rendering traditional siege mechanics obsolete, and there's the major problem with the set.

Mind you, I enjoy the set and think it has a place in Cyrodiil, but the broken aspects can make it a nuisance, yet those do not seem to be addressed in the PTS so far.
    PC/EU altaholic | Smallscale & ballgroup healer | Former Empanada of Ravenwatch | @ degonyte in-game | Nibani Ilath-Pal (AD Nightblade) - AvA rank 50 | Jehanne Teymour (AD Sorcerer) - AvA rank 50 | Niria Ilath-Pal (AD Templar) - AvA rank 50
  • lexicondevil99
    lexicondevil99
    ✭✭✭
    I have problems with just being stuck. I can't break free, can't block, can't bar swap. All I can do is wait to die. It's frustrating and seems to happen regularly in Cyro. I don't know if it is lag or what, but it has had me logging out earlier than I intended on several occasions. Just unplayable during those times.

I'm hoping the adjustments made to DC in the new patch will help, but there really isn't a way to test it in PTS so we'll just have to wait to find out.

Hrothgar seems to be fixed, so that's nice.
  • EddieRavendark
    Zos have yet again absolutely ruined cyro with another ridiculous set...
    [snip]

Pulls through walls, invisible, break free doesn't work, block doesn't work. People including myself losing so many sieges, including lancers through this set. What's the point in sieging? What's the point in cyro atm?

[snip]
    [edited to remove bashing comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on 23 September 2021 19:26