The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

visually impaired

• Bat
    Bat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rlacoste wrote: »
    [...] Digging with red, green, orange lights a must??? Really?? [...]

I'm not even remotely visually impaired but I have a hard time discerning whether a tile is green or yellow lit at times. On that same note: when placing furnishings, it's really difficult sometimes when house decorating, where the green colour on seat furnishings placed in a position where they can be interacted with is very close to the yellow colour that indicates it's placed in a position where it can not be interacted with. Customisable colour schemes for these sorts of things, like we can do for friendly/hostile combat effects, would be greatly appreciated I believe by more than a few of us =)
  • axxlesoft_ESO
    axxlesoft_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have problems reading the names of my enemies in Cyrodiil. It would be nice if I could read their names so I could direct my team to focus down particular targets. That said, I have developed strategies for overcoming my color blindness. For instance, I can direct my teammates to focus down/execute low health targets. And I can use non-verbal queues to mark targets with a variety of character abilities. Still, it would be nice to know the names of the people whose salty tears I've tasted :smile:
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see no point to the mechanics I have seen in some instances where the entire screen flashes white for a moment. However, I am wondering if adjusting gama and maybe other aspects of brightness may help OP. However, that is a guess since we do not know what OPs disability is which probably makes it difficult for even Zenimax to understand.
  • Pevey
    Pevey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don’t have any visual impairment (that I know of), and I still find the visual situation to be ridiculous. In a 12 person group, the screen is just a barrage of bright flashes is everywhere. It is impossible to see enemies doing anything. Trying to make out what is going on underneath all the effects is surely not healthy for eyes. Many people have posted about this on the forums. I think surely streams would be more enjoyable for people to watch if they could actually tell what is going on.
  • Blinx
    Blinx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully on console it's not as bad as PC, but man that lens flare gets me every time, would honestly love a toggle to turn special effects off
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it would be great for ZoS to attempt some an accessibility menu for various common visual problems such as higher contrasts, or colorblindness.

Until then Reshade can offer various solutions to help you mitigate such as:

https://www.nexusmods.com/halothemasterchiefcollection/mods/135?tab=description
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't have a problem with the yellow and green in excavating, but I do sometimes have trouble discerning the texture of the darker rocks. I wish the green and yellow highlighting could be minimized. Sometimes they also seem to be a little offset so that the square you are selecting is uncertain.
  • Coatmagic
    Coatmagic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say here what I've said before many times on these forums, there is NO way to adjust the obnoxious effects. ZERO.

I have turned my monitor to complete grey and the effects still show on top of a basically blank screen.

Impressive coding there.

Alikir was a struggle, Summerset was a nightmare, don't get me started on trials.

Not gonna *** about the minigame and dig sites, cuz at least I know when to close my eyes ^^