The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Endeavor daily already lowered...

MrZeeck
MrZeeck
✭✭✭
So it was 20, and now it's down to 15 per daily... What the F is going on? the grind was already crazy enough and now it's even worse. But hey, anything to keep players logging in to the game each day and spend more time, right? >_>
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think is a great look myself however I would hardly call it grind either.

I think the meh level of the reward kind of matches the meh level of effort involved in the acquisition which makes me wonder what is the point of all this.
    Options
  • Lady_Galadhiel
    Lady_Galadhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As how excited I was about the endeavors now I am meh about them,I wouldn't mind if they wouldn't have been implemented.
    Total ESO playtime: 8325 hours
    ESO plus status: Cancelled
    ESO currently uninstalled.
    Options
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭
    Considering the most expensive item is 16,000 seals atm, I'd say it's quite the massive grind to get something like that
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »
    I don't think is a great look myself however I would hardly call it grind either.

I think the meh level of the reward kind of matches the meh level of effort involved in the acquisition which makes me wonder what is the point of all this.

The point of it is to make show of complying with Microsofts rules on loot boxes (specifically that anything in them can be obtained by playing the game) in the hope that when they come to review their new acquisitions they think it's enough and don't require any real change to the system.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭

The point is ZOS wanted to be able to sell ESO in countries where loot box gambling is illegal so they made endeavors as a loophole to be able to legally sell ESO in those countries at all.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
    Options
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This seems a bit uncalled for.

Someone should have done the math to find the level they were looking for BEFORE they started.
    Options
  • SerafinaWaterstar
    SerafinaWaterstar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They’ve decreased them on the *second* day?!

Wow. That’s just - wow. 😠
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

The point of it is to make show of complying with Microsofts rules on loot boxes (specifically that anything in them can be obtained by playing the game) in the hope that when they come to review their new acquisitions they think it's enough and don't require any real change to the system.

I see...

I was moderately excited about the introduction of this new mechanic but some quick math made it clear that it was largely irrelevant, at least to me.

The fact that the amount of awarded currency is variable only makes it clearer.

Oh well, nothing was invested, nothing was gained; if the last couple of days are an example of requirements to come I won't have to go out of my way to fulfill them anyway...
    Options
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I honestly feel pretty insulted. I've been here since beta days, and never once felt like I wanted to quit... until now. It feels abusive and insulting.

Maybe it's just me, but there it is.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
    Options
  • Sambucca1973
    Sambucca1973
    ✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

As a casual player, I feel insulted at the implementation. It’s nothing but lip-service and reflects poorly on the view of the player base.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Day 1 you got 20 Seals
    Day 2 you get 15 Seals + 5k Gold.

I guess the gold is the "trade-off". This is probably done to incentivize new players to particpiate in the dailies, 5k Gold can be a lot of money for new players whereas Seals of Endeavors are still "useless" for them.

We are also working on a page to list up Endeavors similar to how we have the undaunted pledges page. Endeavors News article & Tips & tricks about Endeavors.
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not very popular opinion from me. Yes, I also think that endeavors have been introduced to circumvent loot box regulations (after all, you can get everything by playing, it's not gambling, it's additionally indicated by endeavors offer content - there is only stuff you can get in crown crates), but until now we had no way to get some things from crown crate except buying them. At the moment you just have to play and bam, in some time you will be able to buy something. As for me it's still a win-win situation, it really could be worse.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
    Options
  • Dekibra
    Dekibra
    ✭✭
    I don't think it is a general decrease.
    yesterday we got 20 seals for each completed endeavor.
    today we got 15 seals + additional XP for each completed endeavor (I know 5,000 xp is not much)

so my guess is, there will be days with just seals as a reward and then there will be days with (less) seals and an additional reward

just wondering why there is no weekly yet...
    Edited by Dekibra on 18 June 2021 11:34
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe some days the daily gives 20 seals, and some others it gives 15 seals + 5k gold? Multiply by 3, of course, as the endeavour dailies are easy to fulfill even in 15 minutes.

Edit: it is 5000 XP, not gold (the symbol is a gold coin - very poor implementation and a very lame reward).
    Edited by Khenarthi on 18 June 2021 09:33
    PC-EU
    Options
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Maybe some days the daily gives 20 seals, and some others it gives 15 seals + 5k gold? Multiply by 3, of course, as the endeavour dailies are easy to fulfill even in 15 minutes.

It's good to see that there are still optimistic people out there.

It is rather to be expected that the number of daily seals will further decrease.
    Options
  • hundergrn
    hundergrn
    ✭✭✭
    Give it a month and we should see a full rotation of the possible rewards for the Endeavor system is.

From the looks of it, It is NOT just Seals of Endeavor that be gained for completion of mundane tasks that are just as easily completed on doing a daily craft or dungeon once.

It is curious to why no weekly yet... maybe they are waiting for Tuesday (Historical patch/Maint day?) to drop them or are seeing the reaction to the daily endeavors first?
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Day 1 you got 20 Seals
    Day 2 you get 15 Seals + 5k Gold.
    Well, they changed it to 5K experience points... If it was gold or AP or Tel-var then it would be fine I guess... 5K exp feels like I got nothing lol... :D

Anyway, I do hope it is simply a certain amount of endeavours you get per week and it will be same value every week (7 days of daily quest + 1 weakly).

Also, I guess it is "free" stuff so I don't see much reason to complain.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »

The point is ZOS wanted to be able to sell ESO in countries where loot box gambling is illegal so they made endeavors as a loophole to be able to legally sell ESO in those countries at all.

No, it's an Xbox guideline that lock box items in all Xbox games have to be available through gameplay as well. This is 100% due to the recent acquisition by Microsoft.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/for-everyone/responsible-gaming/loot-boxes

Items in loot boxes can always be earned through play. All items available through paid loot boxes in our games will also be available through unpaid opportunity by gameplay (i.e. grinding).
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • davidjaicob
    as anyone actually got 5k gold though. completed 3 today, got 45 seals but no gold on ps4 eu
    Options
  • Jem_Kindheart
    Jem_Kindheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    I should post my chat logs with guildies from last night to tonight. It went about like this 'till now:

(endeavors go live)
    Me: Oh earning endeavors are live.
    Me: Oh this is very fair, you can kinda do your playstyle.
    Guildies: Yeah this could be okay, this could work for anyone.
    Me: I bet yall 5 dollars ZoS is gonna find a way to mess this up somehow.
    (30 mins later)
    We: Okay cool we just did what we usually do and got our thingies for some day.
    [this is exactly almost to the word, what the official statements said they were hoping for.

Various chats from guilds and zones: Yep this works fine, no need to get stressed to go grind.

Math guys in guild: Wellll it's gonna take you 134 days to earn a mount, just fyi.

(24 hours later)

ZoS: okay those 5 things you got to chose any 3 things from that could appeal to anyone of any playstyle, yeah all those are gone. Here's a list of 7 out of the way derp grind ideas, and yeah the rewards are down 25%.

Players from guilds, zone, and forums: What in the actual.

Me remembering my words from yesterday: Told y'all they would find a way to mess it up.
    Edited by Jem_Kindheart on 18 June 2021 09:12
    Longtimer since beta, the usual. 26 CP toons. ~1700cp on main account, 1000cp on 2nd account. Endgame-ish lol. Most Vets / some HM's cleared.
    Options
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ZoS: okay those 5 things you got to chose any 3 things from that could appeal to anyone of any playstyle, yeah all those are gone..

Are you joking?
    Do 1 quest, seell 15 items, harves 8 nodes, ....
    Are you saying this are difficult/grindy things?

Options
  • LashanW
    LashanW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as anyone actually got 5k gold though. completed 3 today, got 45 seals but no gold on ps4 eu
    It's xp, not gold.
    00XQNwn.png
    ---No longer active in ESO---
    Platform: PC-EU
    CP: 2500+
    Trial Achievements
    Godslayer, Gryphon Heart, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, vMoL no death

Arena Achievements
    vMA Flawless, vVH Spirit Slayer

DLC Dungeon Trifectas
    Scalecaller Peak, Fang Lair, Depths of Malatar, Icereach
    Options
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did a pledge sold the garbage.

Done.

Doesn't matter how many endeavor things I got because I was going to do the pledge anyway.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ZoS: okay those 5 things you got to chose any 3 things from that could appeal to anyone of any playstyle, yeah all those are gone..

Are you joking?
    Do 1 quest, seell 15 items, harves 8 nodes, ....
    Are you saying this are difficult/grindy things?

Unless they start getting... 'fruity' with the requisites - something along the lines of 'Kill Ri'Atahrashi 3 consecutive times in less than 2 minutes per fight with no deaths during a full moon using only AoE attacks while wearing a gown' (not out of the question, in a game from the same publisher which name I will not mention in polite company they did get a bit like that at one point) no, they are not.

They are truly mundane so far however you want to look at them.
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The symbol is a gold coin but it actually awards XP. Lame.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can imagine uproar if next week's endeavours would be same as their Twitter screenshots with 2 seals a task plus 20 or something for weekly.
    Options
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I prefer Secret World Legends way of doing it.
    Completing daily challenges grants marks of favour which can be used to buy stuff, but can also be traded through an auction system. Players use it as currency in player auction trades. It gave the currency way more value as a result because those that want it bad enough were willing to give players who don't care about it stuff those players did want. The community gave it value.
    Man that game is old, but I keep thinking about it. Weird.
    Edited by Red_Feather on 18 June 2021 09:44
    Options
  • MrZeeck
    MrZeeck
    ✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    I honestly feel pretty insulted. I've been here since beta days, and never once felt like I wanted to quit... until now. It feels abusive and insulting.

I agree with this, have been playing since beta as well and there's no chance that I'm gonna be playing this game for years to come, each day grinding these endeavors to afford one high-priced item.. (some people already did the math though I can't recall of the top of my head how it would take, roughly 3 months or so per high-priced item)
    Options
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MrZeeck wrote: »
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »

I agree with this, have been playing since beta as well and there's no chance that I'm gonna be playing this game for years to come, each day grinding these endeavors to afford one high-priced item.. (some people already did the math though I can't recall of the top of my head how it would take, roughly 3 months or so per high-priced item)

Finishing one quest and selling 15 items is grinding to you? Really? 🙄
    Options
  • Marcus_Aurelius
    Marcus_Aurelius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrZeeck wrote: »
    , each day grinding these endeavors to afford one high-priced item.. (some people already did the math though I can't recall of the top of my head how it would take, roughly 3 months or so per high-priced item)

Grinding?
    First 2 day I've done the seals just by doing things I would have done regardless.

People really like to whine about just anything in this forum
    Options