The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Final Stage of Feast Of Souls, Markarth Stuck Verandis Won't Respond

radogamer
radogamer
✭✭
I'm asking for my Daughter not for me.

First, I noticed the last time I played Markarth , a huge chunk of the DLC was missing and it seemed to end abruptly the battle with Rada was gone, any thoughts on this would be nice.

My Daughter is at the final stage of the quest Feast of Souls "Speak To Verandis" but he just stands there and does nothing, Ard Caddach will talk, Gwendis will talk but Verandis just stands there. There is no talk response marker to click. The quest marker is present for him but he appears to be standing in the wrong place in the room.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated, my Daughter is new to ESO and is feeling a bit frustrated.

Thanks,
Rado aka John
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a last resort, she might be able to abandon the quest, then pick it up again and redo it.

My sympathy to your daughter. Quests can be glitchy, and sometimes it takes time to figure out what happened. Abnur and the Demon Weapon being an example.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    Okay, while digging in my garden this afternoon I had time to think about the situation with a clear mind. First to answer my own question the reason there was no Rada battle for the last character I played Markarth with is because I didn't play the Skyrim Dark Heart quest line. So..since the place where my daughter is stuck is the beginning of the last three quests of Markarth and it's known as the Skyrim Epilogue the end of the Dark Heart saga, the game ended it there for me.

Since my Daughter actually played the Skyrim quest line the only conclusion I could come up with is that she missed a quest.

When my main was playing Cadwell's Gold, for all practical purposes it appeared I had completed the quest line, but Cadwell had nothing to say and the last Quest was bold but had no check mark. After some research I found that others had had the same problem. The solution was a missed quest.

It seems the only way you get to know you screwed up is nothing happens, so I had to look for every black triangle I could find until I found the one that progressed the quest line.

If anyone else has had this issue and has any idea where the missed quest could be help would be nice, otherwise my recommendation to anyone else and to my daughter is BACKTRACK!

Rado aka John
  • Danny_Fluke
    With the addition of the Zone Guide, I believe you can check which of the particular Zone's Story quest you have or have not completed. From there, a quick search might be able to point you in the right direction of where to find the particular quest.
  • radogamer
    radogamer
    ✭✭
    Thanks Danny,

My Daughter did that and fixed the problem, much appreciated.

J
  • BixenteN7Akantor
    BixenteN7Akantor
    ✭✭✭
    26/03/2023, It still happens !