Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What happened to voice chat on PS4?

Calicancer77
Calicancer77
Soul Shriven
I can't join any of the available voice chat channels for my guilds or zone, yes, I tried restarting the game. Is anyone else having this problem?
Edited by ZOS_Adrikoth on 9 June 2021 12:03
  • msetten
    msetten
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am actually having the opposite problem on my PS5: Every time I restart the game or login to another character, Zone Voice chat is automatically enabled. Which is annoying, so I have to turn it off every time.
    Options
  • ZOS_Adrikoth
    ZOS_Adrikoth
    admin
    Greetings @Calicancer77

The troubleshooting in this article might be able to help if you are unable to join voice chat on PS4.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    msetten wrote: »
    I am actually having the opposite problem on my PS5: Every time I restart the game or login to another character, Zone Voice chat is automatically enabled. Which is annoying, so I have to turn it off every time.

This has been happening to me as well
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings @Calicancer77

The troubleshooting in this article might be able to help if you are unable to join voice chat on PS4.

This is not the answer.

Xbox has this issue too, since the update.

Nobody can join guilds chat at all.

It's a bug that has obviously come through with the new patch. Can this be flagged please?
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same here, no idea why I am defaulting to area chat, its the first thing I jump out of when I create a new character
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • deleted220419-005321

I'm having this same issue as well.
    Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same happening to me.
    Why do I keep getting added to the zone's voice chat now every single time I log in with a char?
    Is there any way to prevent this from happening?
    I searched in Options (Audio and Social) and there's no mention besides "Players Volume"...

PS - I don't use a headset atm but I've a PS cam (VR).

"Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • Hypnotica713
    Hypnotica713
    ✭✭
    I am on ps4, and everytime I log into the game I am automatically thrown into area chat, having to leave on EVERY TOON I LOG IN as well, EVERY SINGLE TIME. If you leave the channel, that should be it until you rejoin, period.
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm actually having the opposite happen. I have it set to automatically join voice chat (I'm lazy and never changed the default settings). Instead it has opted me out of it and it doesn't always happen each time I log in. Seems to be a roll of the dice whether or not it'll opt me into voice chat each time I log in and I haven't changed any settings before or after the update.

There's also been reports of people hearing group voice chats on the PS. So there's definitely something wrong here xD
    Options
  • fizl101
    fizl101
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please fix the auto add to area voice chat whenever a character logs in. PS5 and every time it does it. It also shows my name at the bottom as if I am talking even though it says the mic is muted.
    Soupy twist
    Options
  • Adzer2
    Adzer2
    ✭✭✭
    Issue also happening here, fix this issue immediately, there are data privacy risks here when people don't realise their mic is on, the PS5 mic doesn't even need a headset to be attached
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Characters:
    Adzer - Breton Templar
    Thorgon Stormcaller - Nord Dragonknight
    Elrond Smeagol - High Elf Sorceror
    Akorithi Sendu - Redguard Nightblade
    Miraak Icelight - Nord Warden
    Father Dori - Breton Templar
    Argo - Argonian Dragonknight
    Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    Greetings @Calicancer77

This is not the answer.

Xbox has this issue too, since the update.

Nobody can join guilds chat at all.

It's a bug that has obviously come through with the new patch. Can this be flagged please?

@ZOS_Adrikoth @ZOS_GinaBruno

Is this a known issue to the dev team?
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to add in something that others haven't mentioned yet (if they have, I haven't seen it). I was derping the other day doing my normal questing/exploring stuff in Blackwood and heard some people on voice chat. It wasn't anything extremely unusual at first so it didn't catch my attention. But then, it started to sound like one of them was doing the exact same quest I was doing. NPC was the same, the lines were the same, everything I just went through with the npc was the exact same. Only this random person on voice chat was nowhere to be seen. I was standing right there in the same spot that they should be in and there wasn't a single person except me. Then I thought well that's weird. But it kept happening. All over Blackwood I'd find random ghost voices and no character in sight. Now I know maps are instanced so what I must be hearing is all the other map instances' voice chats. Which has never before happened.

Doesn't seem to occur in other zones. Not that I'm aware of. I do often see these voice chatters in my loading screens. Like after I've come across one their name haunts my loading screen. I don't hear their voice, just see the names. Doesn't go away until I've relogged.

I don't want to be haunted any more ZoS. It was fun at first but now I'm a little weirded out :'(
    Options
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like others, I'm finding zone chat re-enabled on characters when I log in. I do daily writs on 8 characters and I've definitely turned it off more than 8 times in the last week. PS4 here.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
    Options
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For an MMO... I've never EVER known any other MMO have so many voice chat issues. This has dogged the game since release - and it seems Zenimax have never found a workable solution that is long lasting. At this point .. it's a feature... it's part of the syntax of ESO.
    Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah voice chat is completely broken. I don't even know what's going on with battlegrounds voice chat. It puts you into a "group" voice chat that has dozens of people in it.
    Options
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah voice chat is completely broken. I don't even know what's going on with battlegrounds voice chat. It puts you into a "group" voice chat that has dozens of people in it.

That you can't leave after you've left the battlegrounds behind.
    Options
  • vivisectvib16_ESO
    vivisectvib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also noting that group chat cuts out during loading screens.
    Options
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also noting that group chat cuts out during loading screens.

^This

I play ESO weekly with another family member, and we notice this during every load screen since the Blackwood patch dropped.
    Options