The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Band the peekaboo addon!

• RedMuse
    RedMuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TwinLamps wrote: »
    Zos should not ban such addons.
    People that have issues with such addons should adapt and overcome said issues.
    Simly seeing anoter group member's drop is not invasion of privacy.
    If you wish your drops to be unknown to others, just play solo.
    Also, why is it such a problem to say no to others if you need the items you got?

Sure I've adapted. I block immediately any user I know uses the addon by asking me about a piece I haven't announced in the chat. I've been told I'm unreasonable and hateful for doing this so @TwinLamps how exactly am I supposed to adapt in your opinion? And it's a problem because it's a 50/50 chance that the other person starts harassing me because they can't handle being told no.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, why is it such a problem to say no to others if you need the items you got?

I have no problems saying no. The problem is that some users of this addons won't take "No" graciously. They continue to bother me. Some beg. Some spin a sad tale about how much they need the drop (and how terrible I am for not giving it to them, when I say "No" again.) Some offer gold. Some get nasty real quick.

None of those people would be a problem for me if they didn't use an addon that let them see my drops in a way the vanilla game doesn't include, but the API allows.

Most addon users, I presume, use it appropriately and know how to accept "No" graciously.

But the relative few who don't have thoroughly tainted it for me. The addon fostered a sense that they were entitled to my loot because they could see it, and their own entitlement led them to be toxic when I said "No."

And before we go any further...
    Your response that if people don't like it, they should quit group content is completely unhelpful.

Well, at least it's better than the suggestion last thread that if people didn't like it, they should quit their account on PC, and start all over on Console. But that's a really low bar you hopped over.

If you actually care to listen to why players don't enjoy having private loot drops examined by players who are usually polite but sometimes turn out to be nasty, entitled jerks who get toxic when told "No", maybe try not preemptively telling folks to quit group content. That's just not helpful.

If you want to help AND support using the addon, you'll do a lot more good speaking up against the people who turn into toxic, entitled jerks when they are told "No."

Just block them then.
    Zos provided us all with a way to protect ourselves from people that bother us in verbal manner.
    For anything beyond that type of harassment, feel free to use report player option.

Oh, I do. But that's an after-the-fact block & report.

It's like blocking someone after they hate whisper you. The cat is out of the bag at that point. The toxic person already spewed their toxicity everywhere. And sometimes it doesn't end there - there's been a couple threads I've seen where the addon-user then comes to the forums complaining that they were blocked for making what -I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - was a totally reasonable request.

So for the folks who want greater protection or who want ZOS to take preemptive action, it makes sense to ask for something else.
    Like banning the addon
    Like removing the individuality from the addon

None of that would be necessary if there weren't toxic jerks who get toxic when told "No."
  • Ard01
    Ard01
    ✭✭✭
    Simple just whisper back that you were going to vendor it but now that you know he/she wanted it you destroyed it instead.

Then log the hate whispers that follow, screenshot, report, and let the social banhammer fall from ZoS on them.
    Edited by Ard01 on 17 April 2021 13:44
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no problems saying no. The problem is that some users of this addons won't take "No" graciously. They continue to bother me. Some beg. Some spin a sad tale about how much they need the drop (and how terrible I am for not giving it to them, when I say "No" again.) Some offer gold. Some get nasty real quick.

None of those people would be a problem for me if they didn't use an addon that let them see my drops in a way the vanilla game doesn't include, but the API allows.

Most addon users, I presume, use it appropriately and know how to accept "No" graciously.

But the relative few who don't have thoroughly tainted it for me. The addon fostered a sense that they were entitled to my loot because they could see it, and their own entitlement led them to be toxic when I said "No."

And before we go any further...
    Your response that if people don't like it, they should quit group content is completely unhelpful.

Well, at least it's better than the suggestion last thread that if people didn't like it, they should quit their account on PC, and start all over on Console. But that's a really low bar you hopped over.

If you actually care to listen to why players don't enjoy having private loot drops examined by players who are usually polite but sometimes turn out to be nasty, entitled jerks who get toxic when told "No", maybe try not preemptively telling folks to quit group content. That's just not helpful.

If you want to help AND support using the addon, you'll do a lot more good speaking up against the people who turn into toxic, entitled jerks when they are told "No."

Just block them then.
    Zos provided us all with a way to protect ourselves from people that bother us in verbal manner.
    For anything beyond that type of harassment, feel free to use report player option.

Oh, I do. But that's an after-the-fact block & report.

It's like blocking someone after they hate whisper you. The cat is out of the bag at that point. The toxic person already spewed their toxicity everywhere. And sometimes it doesn't end there - there's been a couple threads I've seen where the addon-user then comes to the forums complaining that they were blocked for making what -I'll give them the benefit of the doubt - was a totally reasonable request.

So for the folks who want greater protection or who want ZOS to take preemptive action, it makes sense to ask for something else.
    Like banning the addon
    Like removing the individuality from the addon

None of that would be necessary if there weren't toxic jerks who get toxic when told "No."

I dont see your point, sorry.
    Zos gave you tools.
    Use them or dont, its up to you.
    Also, if you have so many terrible experiences with people do try to group up only with guildies you know and trust them.
    I wish you well and I hope you meet more less toxic people that are after your loot.
    Awake, but at what cost
  • _Zathras_
    _Zathras_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Spy add-ons should not be allowed.
    The ones spying should instead create an add-on which tells them which gear they need from which dungeon. And which will create an auto group-ask message to ask for the item.

Or, you could just say to the group at the start of the dungeon, "Hey guys. I'm looking for <drop>. If you get it and don't need it, I'd love to trade!"

Does there really need to be an addon for everything, even basic civil conversation?

To the OP: I agree that the addon is obnoxious. Whatever drops into your inventory shouldn't be visible to someone else. As far as the behavior, which I think is the larger problem that is bothering you, ignore is a great feature.

I think visibility on this addon is good, insofar as letting ZOS know. Let them make the call. You can even tag people with the @ function, otherwise this will just get buried. This isn't the first (or the last) thread on the topic.

This addon crosses the threshold into intrusiveness.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarannah wrote: »
    Spy add-ons should not be allowed.
    The ones spying should instead create an add-on which tells them which gear they need from which dungeon. And which will create an auto group-ask message to ask for the item.

Sounds like a feature request for this addon that people want banned, if it does not already exist.

When a loot drop is detected by another member of the party that the player wants, drop a message in the group chat asking anyone got it, and if so, would they be willing to give it up.

These people are in endless supply. It will always be necessary. I hate to sound cynical, but the way that this works is that they get toxic, then they get reported. There is no predictive defense here. They cannot be stopped before they come out as toxic.

The addon is not the cause of them being toxic. Banning the addon isn't going to solve problems with toxicity. It will certainly solve this very specific instance of one, but the toxic player will be toxic with or without this addon. There are endless things that will trigger them. Banning this addon isn't even "a good start" at the problem.

The problem isn't the game, and it isn't an addon, it is the toxic player. Sadly, the toxic player has to reveal themselves before action can be taken against them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    XvarleyX wrote: »
    Group loot, yes I have this one. It's handy if you're grinding for set pieces as you know who to ask after a drop. Good add on imo 👍

Why not just ask in group? Garbage add-on and i've been hassled a fair few times for items, 'i know you got it bro, i need it' etc..

I prefer to ask in group, but a number of people who use the addon say it's much more convenient for asking for specific items if there were a lot of pieces dropped from that set or if it's a trial with a lot of people. Also, it seems that people will ignore group chat sometimes, but respond to a whisper.

That being said, I hate being whispered for my loot because, yeah, my experience is that I've been hassled for my loot.

Addon users, if you want to say it's so great, be polite and take "No" for an answer.
    I is in a group who runs lots of dungeons and this lootspy is recommended in group even if we tend to list gear at end of runs.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • perfiction
    perfiction
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you don't have to use any addons to see what your grop members looted. The information is sent by API (event documentation available here) and every player receives it, doesn't matter if they use addon or not. You can play 100% clean ESO without any addons and use the /script command in the chat to show the data whenever it's sent.

Is it spying? Doubt so. You can make same argument for /encounterlog letting people see what spells you used, what was your uptime on buffs/debuffs, what was your damage or healing (and it's endorsed by ZOS). Same with someone's buff/debuff timers which are not shown in default UI, but you can see them in UI addons like LUI, Bandit's UI or Azurah.

This kind of data is public (or group-wide) by design, otherwise it wouldn't be broadcasted by API. The fact it's not displayed right at your face by default game UI doesn't mean it's private.
    Edited by perfiction on 17 April 2021 14:33
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    If they don't If someone is willing to harass you over not sharing your loot, you can bet that these people won't be going away if the addon gets banned

False. They can't harass you if they don't even know you have it. This problem is not a thing at all on console, where there are no add-ons so they can't do it.

"Did anyone get drop?"
    "No."

That's how that goes.

False.

"What did you get?"
    "Nothing."
    "Liar! What did you get? Link it! Link it or we kick you!"

That's how that actually goes. Harassers will be harassers.

No. It isn't. I have played this game for many years and have accumulated an almost embarrassing amount of time on it. Not once have I experienced that, nor has anyone ever complained about it in guild chat. And I have been in a lot of guilds.

Not once

And I have not once experienced harassment over me not sharing my loot even when the other people knew what loot I got. Everyone was always polite and I've probably spent the same embarrassing amount of time on it. Can't speak for PC NA, but I doubt it's any different there.
    I have faced harassment in this game over other things though. It is not the information that makes people toxic it is toxic people being the way they are.

You haven't. But many other players have reported it, including in this very thread.

Meanwhile the example you cited doesn't exist anywhere else but your own theory on a post. This topic has brought up many times and consoles players have never described such a conversation in any significant number. I'm sure somebody somewhere did, but there it's an extremely low number. Meanwhile every single thread about this add-on includes MULTIPLE reports of people who have been harassed over loot.

A good faith argument acknowledges both the pros and cons of their argument, and doesn't just reject information because it's inconvenient to their argument.

Just as it's a fact that I must concede that many players find this Add-on useful, and are polite to others who don't mind sharing. You must concede that on console, where there is no such add-on, there is NO significant loot sharing harassment problem. Because there is not. Those two things are facts and are independent of our own feelings on the issue.

I must concede no such thing. Console population is smaller so there are fewer instances of this happening in absolute numbers, resulting in fewer cases brought to the forums even if the relative number of cases in proportion to the playerbase on that platform is the same on both platforms. So PC issues will overshadow console issues by default.
    That would be one explanation for the lack of console threads on the topic, the other being that people on console can't blame addons and start venting about them on here, so they recognize the problem for what it is - toxic people being toxic - instead of mistakenly blaming addons. If an addon is an issue, then the forum is the right place to talk about it. If someone specific was harassing you, then the forums aren't really the place to talk.
    I don't know how it is on console, so I only have your word for it not happening there, just as you only have my word that the issue isn't as bad on PC as you might think it is.

So here I think we must agree to disagree.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedMuse wrote: »

Sure I've adapted. I block immediately any user I know uses the addon by asking me about a piece I haven't announced in the chat. I've been told I'm unreasonable and hateful for doing this so @TwinLamps how exactly am I supposed to adapt in your opinion? And it's a problem because it's a 50/50 chance that the other person starts harassing me because they can't handle being told no.
    Ard01 wrote: »
    Simple just whisper back that you were going to vendor it but now that you know he/she wanted it you destroyed it instead.

Then log the hate whispers that follow, screenshot, report, and let the social banhammer fall from ZoS on them.

[snip]
    Just ignore. You don't have to reply at all.
    OR, [snip] if they ask for something you don't need, trade it to them.
    Like I said, pretty sure 90% of these problems are self-created

[Edited to remove Baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on 17 April 2021 17:21
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    Well, you don't have to use any addons to see what your grop members looted. The information is sent by API (event documentation available here) and every player receives it, doesn't matter if they use addon or not. You can play 100% clean ESO without any addons and use the /script command in the chat to receive that information whenever it's sent.

Is it spying? Doubt so. You can make same argument for /encounterlog letting people see what spells you used, what was your uptime on buffs/debuffs, what was your damage or healing (and it's endorsed by ZOS). Same with someone's buff/debuff timers which are not shown in default UI, but you can see them in UI addons like LUI, Bandit's UI or Azurah.

This kind of data is public (or group-wide) by design, otherwise it wouldn't be broadcasted by API. The fact it's not displayed right at your face by default game UI doesn't mean it's private.

True. Although a lot of people hate logs and such too.
    Also just because something is broadcasted by API doesn't make it okay that it is. As an example take the old addon that would warn you if someone is channeling Snipe at you and give you a warning to dodgeroll it. That wasn't okay but at the time it was being broadcasted like that as well.
    So even if this information isn't private right now, there are people here that would want it to become private.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    The problem isn't the game, and it isn't an addon, it is the toxic player. Sadly, the toxic player has to reveal themselves before action can be taken against them.
    It isn't about the toxic players. For me, I feel noone has the right to see my loot without my permission. If players ask for gear when I'm inside a dungeon, yes you can have it if I don't need it. But seeing what someone else loots, is actually spying. And goes one step too far.

An option to turn off feeding account stuff to add-ons would do the trick as well. I'd make everything as private as possible: Stats, gear, skills, loot, dps, etc.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this add-on needs to be banned.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    perfiction wrote: »
    Well, you don't have to use any addons to see what your grop members looted. The information is sent by API (event documentation available here) and every player receives it, doesn't matter if they use addon or not. You can play 100% clean ESO without any addons and use the /script command in the chat to show the data whenever it's sent.

ESO Logs is a bad example because it's anonymous by default and it's after the fact. ZOS specifically set it up that way to prevent jerks from using it to disrupt groups mid-run or to harass specific people. As designed, it makes that a lot harder.

If the loot log addons were built along the same lines, users could be anonymous by default, so you'd know what dropped, but not who had it. You'd have to ask politely. And groups who wanted to share their loot could attach their names to it.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The base game broadcasts this information through its API
    ZoS fully controls the API and what can be accessed by add-ons
    add-ons simply make information from the API more accessible to players.
    Thus, if you don't want your drops shared. Go play another game (most of which also share drops)

Personally, one of the several add-ons that share loot, have saved me and my group hundreds of hours of time with sharing gear between our group members, helping people gear out their characters.

I've run this add-on for YEARS... and I've had a single person, 1, one, person who got salty when I said "no, I need that drop"

I don't know who you all are running with to find so many toxic, inconsiderate people. But this is not an add-on problem. It's a people problem apparently.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Thus, if you don't want your drops shared. Go play another game (most of which also share drops)

Personally, one of the several add-ons that share loot, have saved me and my group hundreds of hours of time with sharing gear between our group members, helping people gear out their characters.

I've run this add-on for YEARS... and I've had a single person, 1, one, person who got salty when I said "no, I need that drop"

I don't know who you all are running with to find so many toxic, inconsiderate people. But this is not an add-on problem. It's a people problem apparently.

Apparently OP (and a few other people in the thread) refuse to give people drops out of sheer spite, make rude comments, block people who ask, and think the addon, not their own behavior, is why people might be salty at them.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmbrinks wrote: »

Apparently OP (and a few other people in the thread) refuse to give people drops out of sheer spite, make rude comments, block people who ask, and think the addon, not their own behavior, is why people might be salty at them.

It's the old "cut off your nose to spite your face" syndrome... I don't get it. Oh well. We'll keep seeing this same thread repeat every 3-4 weeks forever :joy:
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they don't If someone is willing to harass you over not sharing your loot, you can bet that these people won't be going away if the addon gets banned

False. They can't harass you if they don't even know you have it. This problem is not a thing at all on console, where there are no add-ons so they can't do it.

"Did anyone get drop?"
    "No."

That's how that goes.

False.

"What did you get?"
    "Nothing."
    "Liar! What did you get? Link it! Link it or we kick you!"

That's how that actually goes. Harassers will be harassers.

No. It isn't. I have played this game for many years and have accumulated an almost embarrassing amount of time on it. Not once have I experienced that, nor has anyone ever complained about it in guild chat. And I have been in a lot of guilds.

Not once

And I have not once experienced harassment over me not sharing my loot even when the other people knew what loot I got. Everyone was always polite and I've probably spent the same embarrassing amount of time on it. Can't speak for PC NA, but I doubt it's any different there.
    I have faced harassment in this game over other things though. It is not the information that makes people toxic it is toxic people being the way they are.

You haven't. But many other players have reported it, including in this very thread.

Meanwhile the example you cited doesn't exist anywhere else but your own theory on a post. This topic has brought up many times and consoles players have never described such a conversation in any significant number. I'm sure somebody somewhere did, but there it's an extremely low number. Meanwhile every single thread about this add-on includes MULTIPLE reports of people who have been harassed over loot.

A good faith argument acknowledges both the pros and cons of their argument, and doesn't just reject information because it's inconvenient to their argument.

Just as it's a fact that I must concede that many players find this Add-on useful, and are polite to others who don't mind sharing. You must concede that on console, where there is no such add-on, there is NO significant loot sharing harassment problem. Because there is not. Those two things are facts and are independent of our own feelings on the issue.

I must concede no such thing. Console population is smaller so there are fewer instances of this happening in absolute numbers, resulting in fewer cases brought to the forums even if the relative number of cases in proportion to the playerbase on that platform is the same on both platforms. So PC issues will overshadow console issues by default.
    That would be one explanation for the lack of console threads on the topic, the other being that people on console can't blame addons and start venting about them on here, so they recognize the problem for what it is - toxic people being toxic - instead of mistakenly blaming addons. If an addon is an issue, then the forum is the right place to talk about it. If someone specific was harassing you, then the forums aren't really the place to talk.
    I don't know how it is on console, so I only have your word for it not happening there, just as you only have my word that the issue isn't as bad on PC as you might think it is.

So here I think we must agree to disagree.

I don't get it.

Loot spying is an API function used by addons. Consoles don't have addons. Therefore, an addon cannot be causing any loot-related strife on console.

Moreover, in vanilla ESO (i.e. on Consoles) there's no way to legitimately see what loot someone else got unless they told you or you know it's a quest reward and they were doing the quest.

No one can legitimately identify your non-quest reward loot without an addon. It can't happen on consoles. That's the primary reason the issues with loot spying only seem to happen on PC.

What you describe, of someone deciding that you have an item and demanding you link it, doesn't legitimately happen on consoles. They just don't have the same access to the API. Any player who did that would be blindly trolling or is hacking.

And neither of those have anything to do with the PC addon. If such hacking is actually happening (and I doubt it, since yours appears to be a hypothetical example rather than reflective of actual console players' experiences), then ZOS might consider restricting the API further. But that would require actually proving your hypothetical example, which you haven't done.
  • raaphor
    raaphor
    ✭✭✭
    Imo it would be better if the api just reported the item drops in the group without the associated names.
    If someone uses a group loot addon and sees a desired drop they can ask in group chat and wait for the person who got the drop to respond (or not).
    EU/PC - 9 max level characters (DC)
    NA/PC - 2 characters (AD)
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    short answer, just tell them u just add it to your sticker book! case closed!
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This addon needs banning, have some honour and respect other players!
  • Nastassiya
    Nastassiya
    ✭✭✭
    This addon does NOT need banning. It is a useful tool for running trials and allowing the leader sorting through loot so everyone gets what they need.
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well so what's the solution then? As an example I don't go through all I've looted manually every time someone asks for stuff and waiting for a whisper 90% of times so if zos for some reason would remove the API no random would get any drops from me because there's some players that have zero idea about manners? What's next, " i was harassed for doing 3k deeps, ban CMX" ? You could ban half the esoui this way.
  • majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was in PUG running vMoL. Leader of PUG asked me for a shield I got in drop, I told them "sry I need it". Continue on in Trial and right before entering the last boss area I get kicked. Tried to ask leader why, and was not able to whisper, or any type of chat (figured they blocked me). Just because I did not want to give them a shield? IMHO these loot-drop type of add-ons are not good. Anyone know if exists a counter add-on so they cannot see your drops?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simple solution: bind on acquire for random dungeons. Keep the one-hour exchange time for groups created by players with their friends.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Was in PUG running vMoL. Leader of PUG asked me for a shield I got in drop, I told them "sry I need it". Continue on in Trial and right before entering the last boss area I get kicked. Tried to ask leader why, and was not able to whisper, or any type of chat (figured they blocked me). Just because I did not want to give them a shield? IMHO these loot-drop type of add-ons are not good. Anyone know if exists a counter add-on so they cannot see your drops?

You found a jerk to be the leader of a PUG. Hardly surprising, as they would want to be in control, by design. Might have been the shield. Might have been for other reasons.

Kicking from a trial should not be possible after a certain point without disbanding the party and abandoning the whole trial.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't like people for any reason (including them seeing your drops) stop grouping with randoms immediately and seek out a group of like minded people, typically referred to as a guild. You will enjoy your time much more.

I do this myself. There are many aspects of this game that I do not enjoy. I don't necessarily want those things removed for others. What I will do is group with other people that share my mindset to limit my interactions with players I don't enjoy playing with. This seems rather simple to me, but seems to be extremely difficult for others to want to do. Why do you insist on playing with randoms, not liking what they do, then trying to change the entire game for both you and them to suit the way you play? It seems like the more difficult path to me.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In the past couple of months, I have seen only one person ask to trade a piece of gear. They were quite polite in asking. I do group dungeons via the GF every day on two characters now.

Even if that person chose to harass me it would have been a rare exception based on my experience. I would expect the best way to handle players that harass others in-game is to report them to the people who run the game. I am not suggesting there are not players who harass other players over such simple things. However, I would that if it was truly harassment they would do something about the player vs punishing the entire PC player base over these rare exceptions.

Edit: Also, if they do not heed the reply of "no" then merely cease replying to their requests. I have found gamers who want to argue about something tend to go find something else to do once they realize you are not paying any attention to them. Literally ignoring them is the best "I WIN" button there is in these situations.
    Edited by Amottica on 17 April 2021 16:35
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kicking from a trial should not be possible after a certain point without disbanding the party and abandoning the whole trial.

That is a horrible idea for what should be very obvious reasons. It would enable trolling with no counter. It would have quite the opposite effect of what you might want. If I were forming a group and this restriction were in place, I'd simply run with fewer people (and soon allow them to bring their companions) than risk a random troll that will ruin the whole run when their timer is up.

ALWAYS consider edge cases when suggesting ideas. That suggestion is immediately broken and far worse than the alternative.

• Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

You found a jerk to be the leader of a PUG. Hardly surprising, as they would want to be in control, by design. Might have been the shield. Might have been for other reasons.

Are raids in this game public or private? I am new here and may not be at a level where raids show up in the GF which is why I ask.

If they are public they should follow rules for how many players are required to vote to kick them. Someone could wait until that magic point no one could kick them to begin being a jerk and a problem for the group.

If raids are private groups such as someone in a guild or even in general chat forming the group then it should remain a choice of the leader at all times as it is a private group. I have not seen any company act in such a controlling manner with their private groups.
This discussion has been closed.