The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Master Fisher Achievement

Zephiran23
Zephiran23
✭✭✭✭
With Reel Technique and Angler's Instincts active and Arteum pickled fish bowl eaten, I've managed to get my boat. There are still problems with some fish being particularly hard to catch, while other zones were ticked off quickly. Fishing with at least 1 other person frequently lead to double catches and at least 1 occasion of 2 of the blue achievement fish on the same hook.

The final and most frustrating one was the ocean fishing in Cyrodiil. This took more than one session and I had more than 40 of the green fish, plus a mind numbing amount of other fish to auto-fillet, in my bags when I finally caught the blue quality fish. I can't unfortunately say how many it really would have been, as I'd already cleared out my bags part way through.

Plenty of furnishings along the way, as well as some decent stuff out of the gunny sacks.
  • Taggund
    Taggund
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll be done with Master Fisher before having the CP for the new fishing skills. I was looking forward to those helping when I first saw the new system, but will probably just never pick them (assuming I ever get to the needed CP).
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can always just respec to go fishing and swap them back afterwards. 3,000 gold isn't really very much, your daily crafting writs and the special fish will cover it.
    Edited by Zephiran23 on 25 March 2021 23:49
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kids of today...

Let's just say that there was a time when there were no boosts to fishing skills :p
    Edited by I_killed_Vivec on 27 March 2021 21:19
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kids of today...

Let's just say that there was a time when there were no boosts to fishing skills :p

And that would be why achievements have a date attached. Titles don't and that's why I won't be displaying mine.
  • Daishichi
    Daishichi
    ✭✭✭
    One of my playing partners just suggested a reward I'd consider more universal: an aquarium. Maybe animated with some of the rare fish? Not everyone has a house with water for a boat, but I'd pursue this achievement for something cool I could feature inside my house.
    Gamertag: SpideyGuy73
    Xbox One NA
    Grand Master Crafter
  • Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    After it taking 20 hours to get the last foul fish in Al'ikr I gave up on the achievement. With these new CP passives should I try again?
  • cynicalbutterfly
    cynicalbutterfly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »
    One of my playing partners just suggested a reward I'd consider more universal: an aquarium. Maybe animated with some of the rare fish? Not everyone has a house with water for a boat, but I'd pursue this achievement for something cool I could feature inside my house.

Ooooo I like this idea. An aquarium for inside the larger houses and an option to put fish in a pond for houses with bodies of water naturally. That'd be pretty neat.

Obsidian3 wrote: »
    After it taking 20 hours to get the last foul fish in Al'ikr I gave up on the achievement. With these new CP passives should I try again?

I'm actually reconsidering going for it myself. These new passives seem like it might give a better chance of success. At least I have plenty of bait in inventory ready to go if I ever want to try it xD
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

And hey, as someone who got Master Angler before they came out with the fish bowl food, I say you should go ahead and wear that title proudly if you want to! Some titles are serious business, but I feel like Master Angler shouldn't be one of them.

gejhaytlu0m11.jpg
    Article: https://hard-drive.net/hero-foretold-by-ancient-prophecy-prefers-fishing/
  • Zephiran23
    Zephiran23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obsidian3 wrote: »

You should. I did most of it solo, although if other people were around we did fish the same holes and moved together to any others close by. Alik'r was one of the zones I'd done before the CP changes and like you been sufficiently discouraged to abandon my boat owning plans.

Not every fish will be easy to catch, but you won't be spending 20 hours in a single zone.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still working on this title, it's pretty fun with the new passives. I was quite surprised by the lack of fishing holes in Shadowfen, where the entire zone is literally a swamp and there is water everywhere. My fishing partner and I kept running around for hours trying to find a fishing hole, it's quite ironic actually.
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daishichi wrote: »

I like that idea a lot.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a few zones left to do but I refuse to do them with the new perks. I want the achievement the way it was designed to get.
  • Indigogo
    Indigogo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've spend the past 45 mins fishing solidly, with the xp passives and fish bowl on - not a single named fish.
    It's definitely not a free pass for the achievement 😆
  • FluffyBird
    FluffyBird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done Master Angler and all the DLC zones with Artaeum food but without CP, and I'm so much looking forward to slotting stars now, when I have no zones to switch to when fish gets stubborn (looking at you, Keuppia)
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Inaya wrote: »
    I have a few zones left to do but I refuse to do them with the new perks. I want the achievement the way it was designed to get.

Yeah,fishing with the two CP perks and arteum fish food makes a huge difference,and if another player joins your fishing hole you get double fish which includes rares.