The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Furniture Plans and you. How to farm them?

Necrosaro_123
Necrosaro_123
✭✭✭
Hi guys, I want to share my experience so far on how to farm furniture plans for each DLC we have in ESO:

Important notes:
  • Farm casually. Don't force yourself to farm over 5-15min. This casual way of farming gives you more than just forcing yourself to do it for hours
  • Once the purple drops move to the next alt or continue playing something else while you wait to try again
  • Greens and Blues can drop many times after another. I have seen that in all the zones. So don't stop if one of these drop.
  • Unowned Urns, Cabinets, Chests and specially Backpacks are your best friends. (Why?. Because they don't contain stolen treasures that takes your chance to get furniture plan).
  • All of these areas drop Food and Drink recipies.
  • I only mention DLC that drops furniture that is actually worth selling or owning.

Murkmire
Place: Lilmoth
Area: Marshland Market (Crafting Area ), The bank and the Figher Guilds (2 containers).
Loot: Murmire and Racial furniture plans.
Extra Loot: Treasures (Stolen), Furniture of Murkmire (Mostly carpets), Materials.
What to do: For some reason, Murkmire have a double drop in furniture, i normally get 1 furniture plan in Green + another Blue or Purple. What you need to do here is farm the containers in the crafting area, the bank and Fighter guid (you can skip the last two) and then enter the Outlaw Refuge to reset the containers. The drop rate is really low, so if you see a green, is probably you won't see another, so better reset the containers by going to the Outlaw Refuge nearby.

Summerset
Place: Shimmerine
Area: Monastery of Serene Harmony
Loot: Alinor and Racial Furniture Plans
Extra Loot: Food, Drinks, Racial and Alchemy Materials.
What to do: Just farm the entrance containers + the ones in the rooms upstaris. Leave an alt here to farm casually once in a while. The drop chance is low, but for some reason, the drop rate is higher than Direnni Acropolis (Why?. Because the urns drop Decorative Wax + Ash and other materials that takes your chance of getting furniture plans instead). Stop only if you get a purple (But is actually rare to get one here), if you get a blue, keep looking. If you want to farm tons of Decorative Wax, go to the Direnni Acropolis. If you want to "force" your farming here, just exit the Monastery and enter again, the containers are going to be reset and ready to be farmed again.

Western Skyrim
Place: Nchuthnkarst (Public Dungeon in Blackreach)
Area: The circuit next to the boss "Clockwork Criterion"
Loot: Solitude, Vampire, Dwemer Furniture Plans.
Extra Loot: Treasure Chests, Dwemer Style Pages and Materials (Dwemer scraps, Racial materials and Alchemy water). Paintings (from Treasure Chests)
What to do: Just do 1/3 of the circuit (Upper level, Ground level and Under the stairs). Check the urns until you get a purple and then log off, if you get no luck finding one, move to the next character or the next part of this circuit. (its up to you, but dont try to force yourself farming the entire zone, the urns start getting emptier as you farm them so future urns are going to spawn empty). By logging off, you reset the urns and create a chance to get a purple (If you are lucky, you may get a purple right away). If not, move to the next alt. Keep at least 2 or 3 alts on this zone. There is no easy way to reset the urns until you logoff.

Clockwork City
Place: The Brass Fortress
Area: Clockwork Basilica (Inside "Proctor Luciana's Retreat" and "Provost Varuni's Office")
Loot: Clockwork and Racial Furniture Plans
Extra Loot: Materials (Racial Mats and Alchemy water).
What to do: Just farm these two areas containers. You can try owned containers in the city, but they have lower chance to drop furniture (Why?, Because they have a chance to drop Owned Treasures instead, and these lower your chances of getting a furniture plan). Leave an alt here so you can give it a try once in a while.

These are so far other places that i have farmed too, but the strategy to farm them is more "difficult" since they have low drop rate and terrible loot that is not even worth it:
  • Razak's Wheel (In Bangkorai): The only good thing about this Public Dungeon is the dwemer plans, but it has super low drop rate and I think, is better to just go to Nchuthnkarst and try there for a chance of 3 expensive furniture plans that may drop + the paintings from chests.
  • Dreloth Ancestral Tomb (in Vvardenfel): I have been farming these urns only to find out is actually better to farm them for Decorative Wax than furniture plans. The drop rate is so low, that for 1 entire month of farming them, i haven't seen any Houses Furniture to drop (Blue or Purple), just Green ones. I think this place is not worth it.
  • Rimmen Palace (Northern Elsweyr): The palace contains tons of containers that are unowned. It may be a good place to farm Elsweyr Furniture Plans, but the problem is the super low drop rate of them. I kept my Khajiit here for over the entire Elsweyr Dragon Chapter and i rarely got a purple from these containers. This maybe a good place to farm green ones and rarely some blues, but purple plans are too rare that i find it kinda pointless.

I hope this help you guys!
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on 21 March 2023 21:09
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Oh..and i forgot to mention. You are going to find tons of Greens in those places. Don't be bad, and gift them to someone that may need them, they are not worth more than 50g each and the Solitude ones cost less than 600g. Only Murkmire plans are worth over 200,000g (Main reason i farm this place).
  • Gruumsh1
    Gruumsh1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've given up TBH. It's just waaaay to random for me. I just play and hope to see drops somewhen....
    Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Gruumsh, Miiighty Gruumsh!
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Murkmire:

The Dominus Fatum (Point of Interest in the far North, the big ship in the mountain)
    It has like 7?ish unowned containers, making it smaller than the Lilmoth crafting building but with better containers. It's the sort of thing where you have to log in & out or swap characters to reset it. Way less accessible than the crafting station

It's worth noting: Murkmire GREEN furnishing plans are the most expensive ones, worth 200k to 1 million gold on PC NA. Some of them don't say "Murkmire", like Dragonfruit, Wax or Bowl of Grubs. They're pricey because Murkmire has very few containers, blue ones can be pickpocketed, and blue and purple ones can be bought at random with writ vouchers.
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Murkmire:

Is also important to notice, that the containers near the crafting station are the easiest to farm, since these can be reset by just changing to a different instance of the game (In this case, the Outlaw Refuge nearby). This helps a lot in making these containers reset fast enough to be farmed.

Yesterday i manage to get more than 500k by selling 1 Murkmire furniture recipe + Regular furniture plans found on these areas. If you are short on gold, this is the best place to farm. (Notice: It took me less than 1hr to farm and adquire 2 furniture plans "GREEN" for Murkmire).
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Note: I made today 540,000 by just selling 2 Murkmire Green Furniture Plans + 1 Clockwork purple plan.
  • happyhughes2001
    happyhughes2001
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you know how much to price furniture plans if you are on console.?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I check listed prices in the guild traders in Elden Root, Wayrest, and Mournhold.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭

I use Tamriel Trade Center add on, for PC. Also please check the price first on this page, before posting items on the Trade Guilds (Available for PC and consoles):

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering: Do purple food recipes and motif books (like barbarian /Daedric) take up the same "slot" in the loot table as furnishings plans? As in: will finding a purple recipe prevent me from finding a purple plan anytime soon?
  • Luke_Flamesword
    Luke_Flamesword
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So there is no 10-15 minutes cooldown after finding blue recipe for next blue? I heard different theories about it, but don't know for sure how it is.
    PC | EU | DC |Stam Dk Breton
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ufretin wrote: »
    I've been wondering: Do purple food recipes and motif books (like barbarian /Daedric) take up the same "slot" in the loot table as furnishings plans? As in: will finding a purple recipe prevent me from finding a purple plan anytime soon?

I don’t have recorded data to back this up, but I do a LOT of furniture plan farming and when I do see a purple provisioning recipe or motif book, I don’t see a purple furnishing plan after.

I don’t even pick it up either, for fear of a cooldown.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    So there is no 10-15 minutes cooldown after finding blue recipe for next blue? I heard different theories about it, but don't know for sure how it is.

This is a complete lie. I have been farming a lot since Wester Skyrim started, and i can already tell you that Blue drops doesnt stop you from getting more Blues or Purples.
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭

Correct. If you found a "Purple" item, you won't get another one any time soon. So that means it's time to move on to the next character. So far, it only affect Purple items, not Blue or Green, since these drops a lot, even after you got one.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Correct. If you found a "Purple" item, you won't get another one any time soon. So that means it's time to move on to the next character. So far, it only affect Purple items, not Blue or Green, since these drops a lot, even after you got one.

Purple leads seem to do the same thing too.

Just what I want, to get my 27th Red Eagle Cave Painting lead while farming for purple furnishing plans...
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no cooldown on purples. Purples are just pretty rare to begin with so odds are low you'd get another one again quickly. I have gotten back to back purples before. I do suspect there's a per character pity timer though
    Edited by spartaxoxo on 9 March 2021 06:20
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Update: The new Champion Points perk: "Homemaker", is another bonus for you to get double drops for furniture plans (Just like in Murkmire). The problem with this perk, is that the chance is really low, 10%.

At least is something.....

But so far, from farming for 2 days Nchuntchkarst, i manage to see double drop for furniture (one green, the other blue). The drop rate is low for this perk to actually take action, but still....Please use it on your farming alt so you get this extra "luck" on your side.
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Update: The pickpocket perk "Cutpurse's Art" in the Champions Points "Craft", is another good way to farm Vvardenfel furniture plans from nobles in Vivec City. So far, this perk is really good, to the point that i'm seeing more Style pages drop + Furniture items (like dices, fishing roads, fishes, etc...) and purple treasures drop more often.

Give it a try on your level 20 Legerdemain, to farm these furniture plans (If you dont have a level 20 Legerdeman, go to Craglorn, in Belkarth, there is an Apple Orchard, here, collect all the apple baskets and other containers and then use the entrance to the Outlaw Refuge outside the city, near the orchard. Launder and Sell all the stolen items there. This is the best way to level up Legerdemain)
  • B0SSzombie
    B0SSzombie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: The pickpocket perk "Cutpurse's Art" in the Champions Points "Craft", is another good way to farm Vvardenfel furniture plans from nobles in Vivec City. So far, this perk is really good, to the point that i'm seeing more Style pages drop + Furniture items (like dices, fishing roads, fishes, etc...) and purple treasures drop more often.

Give it a try on your level 20 Legerdemain, to farm these furniture plans (If you dont have a level 20 Legerdeman, go to Craglorn, in Belkarth, there is an Apple Orchard, here, collect all the apple baskets and other containers and then use the entrance to the Outlaw Refuge outside the city, near the orchard. Launder and Sell all the stolen items there. This is the best way to level up Legerdemain)

There's also the passive that lets you occasionally find a second furnishing plan when you find a plan. I'm curious how well that plays out.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this, have an insightful! I went to Lilmoth for a little while last night. I thought I'd be in for a realm of disappointment but was pleasantly surprised. I pulled four rugs, a tapestry, a blue praxis and a green diagram in about an hour. I also got miscellaneous base game greens, which will be passed along to friends, and a little deco wax as a bonus.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you for this, have an insightful! I went to Lilmoth for a little while last night. I thought I'd be in for a realm of disappointment but was pleasantly surprised. I pulled four rugs, a tapestry, a blue praxis and a green diagram in about an hour. I also got miscellaneous base game greens, which will be passed along to friends, and a little deco wax as a bonus.

Ugh, I farmed the crap out of Murkmire many times a day for months. Not much to show for it. I had to stop.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ugh, I farmed the crap out of Murkmire many times a day for months. Not much to show for it. I had to stop.

Oh nooooo! 😭 I wish I could lend you some of my uncannily good luck!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Update: "Homemaker" perk from Craft Champion Points is now working. I'm now getting 2 drops (like 2 greens at the same time, or 2 blues at the same time) while farming Murkmire.

I'm going to try Alinor furniture and Houses from Vvardenfel. No luck yet with Wester Skyrim.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    There's no cooldown on purples. Purples are just pretty rare to begin with so odds are low you'd get another one again quickly. I have gotten back to back purples before. I do suspect there's a per character pity timer though
    Not sure if overland works differently from instanced containers, but in my experience there is a cooldown. White schematics/diagrams/blueprints for example only seem to drop when someone has reached the loot cooldown for the other colours. Otherwise, you'll basically never find white quality schematics, I only see them when I pulled green/blue/purple recently.

A while ago I timed myself in Nchuthkarst (rip, thanks ZOS :expressionless: ) and I got:
    1:00 green Schematic
    1:30 blue Diagram
    4:56 purple Motif
    5:40 blue Recipe
    6:00 green Recipe
    14:00 another green Blueprint (~13 mins after the first)
    I then hit the container limit and get 0 other loot from the instance.

Also back in Summerset when the Arteum delve drop rates were overtuned, you could reliably pull Purple blueprints (or Motif books... grr) from the Wardrobes in 2 minutes every time... but even if you continued to open containers, you wouldn't get a 2nd Purple afterwards, but would start seeing whites drop. So instead, the strategy was to park every character you have there, and loot 1 purple, relog, loot 1 purple, relog, etc.

Of course, I don't have data from all areas of the game (Dwemer instances have different loots from other places for example), so my experiences with cooldowns may not apply to all farmings. I'd be interested to hear though if anybody has a good track record with purples, and where (inb4 ZOS nerfs it because of course we can't have nice things). :grin:
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    Not sure if overland works differently from instanced containers, but in my experience there is a cooldown. White schematics/diagrams/blueprints for example only seem to drop when someone has reached the loot cooldown for the other colours. Otherwise, you'll basically never find white quality schematics, I only see them when I pulled green/blue/purple recently.

A while ago I timed myself in Nchuthkarst (rip, thanks ZOS :expressionless: ) and I got:
    1:00 green Schematic
    1:30 blue Diagram
    4:56 purple Motif
    5:40 blue Recipe
    6:00 green Recipe
    14:00 another green Blueprint (~13 mins after the first)
    I then hit the container limit and get 0 other loot from the instance.

Also back in Summerset when the Arteum delve drop rates were overtuned, you could reliably pull Purple blueprints (or Motif books... grr) from the Wardrobes in 2 minutes every time... but even if you continued to open containers, you wouldn't get a 2nd Purple afterwards, but would start seeing whites drop. So instead, the strategy was to park every character you have there, and loot 1 purple, relog, loot 1 purple, relog, etc.

Of course, I don't have data from all areas of the game (Dwemer instances have different loots from other places for example), so my experiences with cooldowns may not apply to all farmings. I'd be interested to hear though if anybody has a good track record with purples, and where (inb4 ZOS nerfs it because of course we can't have nice things). :grin:

This is actually true on instances. You can even see how some of the "urns" gets empty just before your eyes. Like for example, just for the sake of giving a number to it, you open 50 urns, and there is still available 100 urns, half of those urns are going to be empty, leaving you just with 50 urns to farm, and the more you open the more they get empty (i mean, that you didn't even open it in the first place). Once i start looking at this Cooldown to avoid urn "abusing", i leave the instance alone for 15min.

Is super important guys, that if you are going to farm a Public Dungeon, just do it for less than 15 or 10 minutes, otherwise, the containers become empty (the ones that you have even open yet...)
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    This is one of the examples of how "Homemaker" works:
    mb0em7pntk3h.png

It looks like, it gives you from the same style, on this example: Khajiit. This was from Nchunthkarst
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am looking forward to the new CP system with farming both mats and plans to see how it works.

In general, I also saw the same thing when farming Nchuthnkarst, but I have pulled a purple Dwarven plan at the very end after many empty urns. Sometimes not all of them are empty.

I always run the whole thing and hit the chests as well. OCD, lol!

Incidentally, I stopped running that public dungeon every night because I was getting no drops from Bihar-Zel of any kind, no blues, no greens even, when I ran that even the next day. This went on for months, I was buying green plans from traders. When I stopped running Nchuthnkarst, then I started seeing Solitude and Dwarven plans in Bthar-Zel.

I can’t explain, could be some weird bad luck but it went on for far too long.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    I got lucky here:
    omtyecqvadts.png
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    High Isle
    Place: Castle Navire and Mandrake Manor
    Area: All the containers in the Castle and the Manor
    Loot: High Isle Furniture Plans
    Extra Loot: Junk.
    What to do: Check every container in the castle, only one of the containers have a chance to drop Decorative Wax in the Cupboard next to the entrance to the Castle Navire Tourney Grounds door. Sadly, the drop rate is really low. Also stealing in Gonfalon Bay is an option that at least can be a good source for treasure items to be sold in the Outlaw Refuge.

For Leyawiin, I could only suggest the city itself. Specially inside the of CouncilorJirich's Manor. I was lucky enough to get some purples here that sold for alot back when Blackwood was brand new.
    Good luck!
  • Necrosaro_123
    Necrosaro_123
    ✭✭✭
    Also I forgot to mention the following points:
    • If you like playing alts and you have alts that you rarely use, keep one of them in the places i mention above (such as CouncilorJirich's Manor, Castle Navire, Nchunthkarst, etc) in order to just login into these characters just to farm once. Since it looks like there is a cooldown in purple drops.
    • Don't get frustrated by trying to get the furniture plans, use these alts in order to farm other things such as: Decorative Wax, Flour, Dwarven Scraps, Lockpicks, furniture (for example: urns that drop in Dreloth Ancestral Tomb), Racial Style materials, Chests, maps, etc.
    • Remember that chests in Western Skyrim, Blackwood, Summerset and High Isle drops paintings that are really expensive. You can also end up leveling up Legerdemain (and unlock the force lock ability), so i would suggest using Nightblades for these activities, specially the ones in Public Dungeons such as Nchunthkarst.
    Last week I was lucky enough to get the Dwarven Bookcase, Full from Nchunthkarst and sold for 12mil. I brough all the houses that i was missing with gold and tons of furniture plans for my crafter.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    <3 thank you,i will try
This discussion has been closed.