Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

On how many different systems have you played ESO so far?

sinz_xb16_ESO
sinz_xb16_ESO
✭✭✭
Built a PC in 2008 for Warhammer Online, with a Q9550, 8 GB RAM and an AMD 4870 GPU. Kept that awesome PC for eight years and played ESO with it when it launched, until somewhere in 2016. It had a mechanical drive and the load times and fps drops were becoming unbearable.

In 2016 I built a new PC with a i5 6600k, RX470 and an SSD, which was a huge leap in performance, played the game at max settings and max fps.

This year I got the itch again to build a new PC because my 2016 PC was starting to perform poorly in triple-A single player games (I could've just upgraded the GPU but once you get that itch it's hard to shake off) so now I'm rocking a R7 3700x with a 5700XT so I could play all those triple-A games at high settings/fps again, and guess what, I still find myself only playing ESO :D

So three systems so far and I'm sure it won't be the last!

ps. how many times do you reckon they have upgraded the PC-EU server? ;)
"We will make sure that no matter where you live, every player in North America, Europe, Oceania, and many places beyond will have a polished, lag-free launch experience" - Matt Firor

Proud second-rate customer (PC-EU)
  • Fermian
    Fermian
    ✭✭✭
    I also started on my 2008 pc. Which i still have. Played beta and after release at least 6 months. Started playing again on xbox in 2017. Now i am playing on stadia on shield tv. I will try shadow pc next month.

So also 3 systems, almost 4 😉
  • amm7sb14_ESO
    amm7sb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played on 2: PC and X-Box One

I started with PC during the beta and launch days. I took a break shortly after the game launched, simply because at the time I did not like it very much. I came back a few months after launch and gave it a second go, and on the second run I started to appreciate the game a little bit more. Unfortunately, I had a mishap with my PC at the time (I was on a gaming laptop that eventually gave out) so I wasn't able to play anymore.

The game released on console, and I heavily considered it for awhile. I felt like I might enjoy the game a bit better playing on console with a controller, and I eventually picked it up on X-Box One. It was here that I really started to get into the game, and played for a bit on X-Box until burnout finally hit, somewhere between the time of Morrowind and Summerset. I took some time away, and in that time away, I also ended up getting a new PC and upgrading it for gaming.

My eye came back to ESO when Elsweyr released, since I'm a fan of necromancer builds in TES and in RPG's in general. Life circumstances didn't allow for me to get it at the time, but in December, I was all settled, and had some time off work for the winter holiday, so I ended up picking it up and getting back into it on PC. I've been playing non-stop on PC ever since, with my necromancer tank main, my wood elf nlightblade original character, and a number of alts to join the party. I can be critical of ESO at times, but this is by and large the most I have been into the game since it has launched, and I'm definitely enjoying myself and the game.

I do still dabble on X-Box from time to time. Mostly when I just want some low key quiet gaming, as all of my guilds and friends lists are all on PC, and sometimes I want to hop in and just mess around undisturbed and do some quiet solo'ing, theorycrafting, or what have you, so I'll hop on to X-Box for that. But I am not CP levels on X-Box, I don't have ESO+, and I'm not updated past Elsweyr yet, so I don't get the full experience. But sometimes it's nice to just sit back on the couch in front of the TV rather than at my PC. Plus, I have a bigger TV than I do a monitor :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This PC only. Starting to think it's time for a new box - this one's 6.5 years old now....
  • Syldras
    Syldras
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one, the PC I'm currently using. I started in February 2016.
    @Syldras | PC | EU
    The forceful expression of will gives true honor to the Ancestors.
    Sarayn Andrethi, Telvanni mage (Main)
    Darvasa Andrethi, his "I'm NOT a Necromancer!" sister
    Malacar Sunavarlas, Altmer Ayleid vampire
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've played ESO on 2 PCs. This one, and the one before that was 6 years old and had to be replaced. :sweat_smile:
    The EU server hamsters are also getting old now, so maybe it's time to retire and replace them... ZOS? :wink:
    maxresdefault.jpg