Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 14
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 14, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EDT (20:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• EU megaservers for maintenance – October 16, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667236

New colour gamma

Chili_Pepper
Chili_Pepper
✭✭✭
IDK what exactly they changed, but i like it.
BEFORE (now on live servers)
Screenshot-20200421-211011.png
AFTER (ON PTS server atm)
Screenshot-20200421-211038.png

Good job.
Edited by Chili_Pepper on 23 April 2020 15:53
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    Temporal anti-aliasing btw good too,especially in work with shadows
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did they include reshade ? :D
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows. But PTS gamma way more better in my opinion
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty amazing....
  • Chicharron
    Chicharron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like it, I use a sweetfx that takes away the blue and makes it a little yellow, I think it will no longer be necessary.

eso64_2018-05-25_14-44-33.jpg
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought temporal anti-aliasing was a new Psijic ability. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    Why they never announced that? I dont know maybe on PTS different settings,but i want this colours in main server after new chapter release. Also mentioned inproved fps stability in intensive battle scenes,almost 60 all the time. Tested it in fire spellscar zone. I was alone,maybe because of that,maybe in PTS different hardware and software powers,but after PTS experience i dont want to play on main NA server.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For me PTS is just slightly too dark for my taste, gloomy places in particular. Like I can't see mobs in some areas. Adjusting ingame gamma does not fully fix it, brighter but also less contrasty and saturated. I admit its been some time since I last calibrated my cheap consumer monitor. And game does generally looks better in well lit places.

ESO is not a survival horror game like Amnesia where seeing enemies drains character sanity. I want to identify and deal with any hazards of note, not to blindly flee and hide in closet from vague cue of trouble.
    Edited by rpa on 22 April 2020 06:54
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    perception of colour depends on monitor colour transfer or personal thoughts but i never got a feeling that eso is too dark.
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    i used nvidia freestyle but think it will no longer be necessary
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    did they include reshade ? :D

I really wish they would do something about the drab and dull look to the game. Here is a stock vs reshade preset I made to take out the blue overtone, add some contrast/saturation, and light sharpening. This screenshot was in Summerset. It really makes the game look a lot more alive and textures/details pop a lot more. I know Elder Scrolls games are "supposed to" look cold and unwelcoming but ...why for ESO? The dull and less detailed appearance actually takes away from the game imho, especially when you experience it like I have. To be honest, I can't play without the preset now lol. I really wish ZoS would reconsider their approach in this area, and hopefully, if this post about gamma is true they are on the right path. Good eyes OP (fingers crossed)

Full Res => https://scorpex.org/share/eso-lighting-sharpening-fix.jpg

eso-lighting-sharpening-fix.jpg
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was noticing this when I ported to VVardenfell yesterday on the PTS, the colors seemed to pop so much more than they used to and textures seemed sharper in keeping with how the new Skyrim expansion was looking. The sunlight was rich and golden and the shadows blended nicely. Not sure what they did, but I like it.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    Could we have an official answer from ZOS? Nothing about that in patch notes.

Is this a feature of the PTS server or is it a planned change in 6.0.0 ?
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like this. Do you think this will happen on main? (Asking as a console peasant that never gets to go on PTS and has no idea how the cycle generally works).
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rpa wrote: »
    For me PTS is just slightly too dark for my taste, gloomy places in particular. Like I can't see mobs in some areas. Adjusting ingame gamma does not fully fix it, brighter but also less contrasty and saturated. I admit its been some time since I last calibrated my cheap consumer monitor. And game does generally looks better in well lit places.

ESO is not a survival horror game like Amnesia where seeing enemies drains character sanity. I want to identify and deal with any hazards of note, not to blindly flee and hide in closet from vague cue of trouble.

@rpa

Make sure your monitor is calibrated first

https://www.photofriday.com/info/calibrate

One thing I have noticed, if I have the lights on in my gaming room, ESO is too dark, lights off, it is just right. So, calibrate the monitor using your normal gaming lighting in the room.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am having trouble with haze/fog when looking towards the sun in game morning and game evening. Is there a setting to turn that off?
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    You mean a FAMOUS PEASANT?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    I like this. Do you think this will happen on main? (Asking as a console peasant that never gets to go on PTS and has no idea how the cycle generally works).

IDK, post above - we,ll see if officials answer
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Does performance suffer?
  • Chili_Pepper
    Chili_Pepper
    ✭✭✭
    No. I feel perfomance improvement. Maybe because its PTS. But definetly feel.
    I have 3gb 1060,there is no additional loading on gpu and its memory or fps drop when txaa is on.
  • p6kocka
    p6kocka
    ✭✭
    Did they add TXAA in the newest chapter? It would be awesome if they did...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p6kocka wrote: »
    Did they add TXAA in the newest chapter? It would be awesome if they did...

It is on PTS.
  • Nevasca
    Nevasca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's because your settings on PTS are different from Live... you can change gamma whenever you want and achieve same results...
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely support this. Hope they will include it in live release