Skyrim Dwemer constructs

Iccotak
Iccotak
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Should the Dwemer constructs we meet in Western Skyrim look like the ones we have seen in the TES V: Skyrim 2011 game?

This screenshot was an early look at ESO before launch in 2014
latest?cb=20130523120326
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes...some of them should look like that.

Why wouldn't they?
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    Yes...some of them should look like that.

Why wouldn't they?
    Well personally I don't want to get my hopes up
    I think it would be great but I don't see ZOS making that change - though the assets already do exist
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand. What makes you think they wouldn't have those constructs? They are in the game already. Chances are they will be in western skyrim too.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't really understand. What makes you think they wouldn't have those constructs? They are in the game already. Chances are they will be in western skyrim too.

Well that model shown in the OP is not currently in-game. It was an early version that they dropped. Same happened for Dwemer Spiders, Trolls, and Giants
    Secondly the dwemer machines have looked consistently the same across Tamriel, including Vvardenfell

I would hope that they do use that model but I have my doubts. We will have to wait and see
    My question is more if the community Thinks that it should be the case for consistency.

Then there is the centurion
    latest?cb=20111120154131

latest?cb=20140403124207
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »

Well that model shown in the OP is not currently in-game. It was an early version that they dropped. Same happened for Dwemer Spiders, Trolls, and Giants
    Secondly the dwemer machines have looked consistently the same across Tamriel, including Vvardenfell

I would hope that they do use that model but I have my doubts. We will have to wait and see
    My question is more if the community Thinks that it should be the case for consistency.

Then there is the centurion
    latest?cb=20111120154131

latest?cb=20140403124207

Ah I see. They always seem to polish up the art work for promotions but it rarely looks like that in reality.

I suppose it's a balance between performance and graphical detail. I don't think people would mind much either way. It's not like the change in appearance is drastically different.