Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Sheogorath Themed Dungeon/Trial

Tornaad
Tornaad
✭✭✭✭✭
On the twitch stream it was mentioned that someone had a dream of having a Sheogorath Themed Dungeon. It was clarified that it is not happening but that it was a dream. I think it could be awesome if done right. I could easily see it being a trial or dungeon. What do you think would you like to see a Sheogorath Themed Dungeon/Trial? What kind of features would you like to see in it?

Sheogorath Themed Dungeon/Trial 54 votes

Yes, I want a Sheogorath Themed Dungeon
35%
Alex_LexLoves_guarsSaelentSilverwillowLucyferLightbringerAliyavanaCloudlessAthymhormiaSilverIce58ChickenSuckercarthalisFeindrahToanisRPGplayer13579JaimehTheUndeadAmuletvaleriiyaChaos2088Gariele 19 votes
Yes, I want a Sheogorath Themed Trial
14%
Zombabe1Inhuman003KatheriahonemoredragoncolossalvoidsMojaveHeldhasiM0uu 8 votes
I'll take either a Sheogorath Themed Dungeon or trial
50%
Yukon2112TheShadowScoutAsh_In_My_SujammaSomewhereWolfkeksTheImperfectheaven13daggerfallingTornaadSassiestAssassinmikemaconFroilblnchkTelvanniWizardWildRaptorXCzekoludekOpalblademrs_helheimIneedaDollarKMarble 27 votes
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feature: Players can get transformed into random farm animals all throughout the run.
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feature: players could get transformed into a giant cheese roll and end up rolling down a huge mountain.
    Options
  • Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    Ash_In_My_Sujamma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath would shrink you and your group and the entire instance would be on top of a giant dining table filled with cheese.
    Final boss a giant turkey with Stibbons's head.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A sheogorath themed instance?
    MADNESS!!!
    ...yes, please!

IOM_expansions_bg.png
    Especially if instead of -one- path through it as usual, they make it have two paths, a "mania" path and a "dementia" path, which might be quite different in terms of challenges and bosses... and you get to pick which one you take each time.

And, just "fer da lulz"... each time you go, one of the paths could be randomly buffed, or have extra hazards active... so its always a bit of a gamble which one you pick, get lucky and take the (currently) easy one, or choose badly and get the extra-hard one...

And there could be more... like, LOTS of interactables along the paths, that all have entirely random effects - they could help you, or they could hinder you, or they could do something completely useless but fun, or they could drop extra rewards, or they could do something really, really bad (like turn your sword to a "Pay to Loose" effect cheeese grater for the reminder of the instance)... use them at your own risk!
    Edited by TheShadowScout on 17 August 2019 00:54
    Options
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you. We get more than enough of him as it is. Even as unimaginative as 'yet another daedra dungeon' is, there are far better options to explore. He's been done to death.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is there no "No" poll option? :/

I don't want more Sheogorath stuff. I used to like him before, much thanks to Oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion. But the change in voice actor, portrayal and oversaturation in ESO has made that drop notably.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankaridan wrote: »
    No thank you. We get more than enough of him as it is. Even as unimaginative as 'yet another daedra dungeon' is, there are far better options to explore. He's been done to death.
    Why is there no "No" poll option? :/

I don't want more Sheogorath stuff. I used to like him before, much thanks to Oblivion's Shivering Isles expansion. But the change in voice actor, portrayal and oversaturation in ESO has made that drop notably.

Because that would not have made Uncle Sheo very happy.
    Options
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    Zuboko wrote: »

I once had a guild member say that Sheogorath is the pumpkin spice of Daedra, and his fans are basic white [girls].

I can't really argue with it.

Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I once had a guild member say that Sheogorath is the pumpkin spice of Daedra, and his fans are basic white [girls].

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm male.
    Options
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not usually a Sheogorath fan. However, I see the fun and potential in a wacky, not the usual doom-and-gloom that this type of dungeon could present.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    I'm not usually a Sheogorath fan. However, I see the fun and potential in a wacky, not the usual doom-and-gloom that this type of dungeon could present.

Exactly! Sheogorath doesn't need to be involved at all. It's just an opportunity for a bit of general wackiness and a change of pace.
    Edited by blnchk on 17 August 2019 07:05
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need a 'no' option. Sheo is already too present in this game (and others in the franchise) - - its recognized that he's a fan favourite, and he always gets a spot because of this, but I feel the scope of eso is big enough to feature and explore more the more obscure daedric prince's and take us to realms not seen before. While I'd love to return to the shivering isles, it's been done, let us experience something new.

If it's just the fun you're after, why not Sanguine? Debauchery, intoxication, hedonism...
    Edited by mairwen85 on 17 August 2019 11:11
    Options
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This game already has a load of Sheogorath themed stuff in it. We should explore the other Daedric Princes some more.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Some see him as a bit of fun comic relief. I see him as quite a sad figure. A hyper-reduction of parody and cheese. The mad god has less insanity, more attention seeker about him in my opinion. The fool god...

They need to seriously review the character and his portrayal.
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game already has a load of Sheogorath themed stuff in it...
    758dff1767cdfadc1d9e986860e9945bc25896b7_00.gif
    :p;):lol:
    Options
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    where is the "NO" option?
    Options
  • Tornaad
    Tornaad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mairwen85 wrote: »

Some see him as a bit of fun comic relief. I see him as quite a sad figure. A hyper-reduction of parody and cheese. The mad god has less insanity, more attention seeker about him in my opinion. The fool god...

They need to seriously review the character and his portrayal.

I can actually see that @mairwen85 I had not thought about it before, but now that you point it out, I can very much see it.
    Options
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blnchk wrote: »

Exactly! Sheogorath doesn't need to be involved at all. It's just an opportunity for a bit of general wackiness and a change of pace.

This is one of my issues with him. People often want some silly wackiness, and supposed "fun" when it comes to Sheo.
    He has stopped being the Daedric Prince of Madness and instead comes across as some attention seeking jester.
    Where is dementia? Where is the darkness? The frustration and violence? The gloom and tragedy. It's just exaggerated "wackiness" for the sake of it.

If daedric princes shall make more appearances, then I'd like to see the less used ones. Sanguine makes a great fit for more fun themed things and he's also way underused. Could finally give us some usable booze and skooma that grants some kind of effect in game.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Options
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want a Sheogorath Themed Trial
    Sheogorath likes making a big scene on the stage so I say the trial of the Mad God.
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one of my issues with him. People often want some silly wackiness, and supposed "fun" when it comes to Sheo.
    He has stopped being the Daedric Prince of Madness and instead comes across as some attention seeking jester.
    Where is dementia? Where is the darkness? The frustration and violence? The gloom and tragedy. It's just exaggerated "wackiness" for the sake of it.

If daedric princes shall make more appearances, then I'd like to see the less used ones. Sanguine makes a great fit for more fun themed things and he's also way underused. Could finally give us some usable booze and skooma that grants some kind of effect in game.

Good point, I get where you're coming from. It's why I'd prefer for Sheogorath himself not to appear; in ESO, he's too established as a source for comic relief. There is likely not much room for the darker side of his character to make an appearance here, though I'd be happy to be proven wrong. It's also why I enjoy the thought of a themed group instance much more than that of a new, dedicated quest chain involving him.

Food for thought: Aren't dungeons and trials exactly where wackiness and violence would go hand in hand? I assumed that was the basic premise; these are not happy places, after all. Fun mechanics and a humorous atmosphere don't need to come at the cost of plot and characterisation. Done right, they would do the exact opposite and intertwine caprice and cruelty on a scale that you may not get to see in a solo quest instance.
    Options
  • mairwen85
    mairwen85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly my point further up.

Sanguine would be a perfect fit. The trial would be something like hell raiser (pleasure, pain and damnation entwined) crossed with clockwork orange (debauchery, drugs, alcohol, hedonism). So many unplumbed depths for inspiration and fun mechanics, and new encounters.

Options
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I want a Sheogorath Themed Dungeon
    I'm not much of an Uncle Sheo fan, but it'd be cool to have a Shivering Isles-themed dungeon, with mechanics hopefully involving blocks of cheese :smiley: It'd be something different, and a lot of people would get a kick out of it (including Jess :smile:).
    Options