Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Asking the CC experts out there

Vyvendi
Vyvendi
Soul Shriven
Hey guys!! I'm moving to join the AD for the first time in years to play with my friend and I really want to create a good looking Bosmer. I found one character I really like and used her as reference* but somehow I can't get mine to look even close ahaha (I think it's the face type triangle thing I'm doing wrong or maybe everything is wrong). After a few hours of trying and admitting that I'm pretty bad at CC, I was hoping the community would give it a try! It'd be awesome if anyone could get the look as I really want to be exploring the AD side with her : )

*all credit goes to the owner of the picture and character
PS. She looks amazing!!! Mine is.. a bit off

569jnhqt2zi9.png

My seemingly "close" attempt but not at all - looking a bit too annoyed
s0xs3qrlggaz.png

• Corpier
    Corpier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Set face type to "soft" (bottom left of the triangle) and breast sliders to as far right as possible. Then they will look like twins.
    @Corpier | PC/NA CP1300+

My Characters:
    AD
    A Príorí: Highelf - Magicka Sorcerer
    DC
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Nightblade
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Sorcerer
    EP
    A Fortiori: Darkelf - Magicka Nightblade
    A Posteriori: Darkelf - Magicka Dragonknight
    Bertha Ironsides: Imperial - Dragonknight Tank
    Corpier: Breton - Magicka Templar
    Corpíer: Orc - Stamina Templar
    CorpÌer: Orc - Stamina Warden
    Corpier: Orc - Stamina Necromancer
    Logen'Bloody-Nine'Fingers: Orc - Stamina Dragonknight
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    Corpier wrote: »
    Set face type to "soft" (bottom left of the triangle) and breast sliders to as far right as possible. Then they will look like twins.

Thank you for the suggestion! Although, the triangle is unfortunately already set to the softest corner
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So your saying you are trying to look stunning?
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    technohic wrote: »
    So your saying you are trying to look stunning?

She looks great yes! But maybe a bit too intimidating. I want her to look a bit more relaxed and pretty/cute as the other one

If you meant the referenced picture, yes, she is indeed very stunning!
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Add some color to her face, your girl is pretty pale, could be the difference in lighting.

Drop her jawline a smidge. I think your girls' lips are... poutier, the other 'open' more.... hard to tell with the dark color.

Cheekbones back towards ears.. a hair.

might pop the weight slider up just slightly.. that will also give your girl a softer look.. the other girls hips look a tad bit larger, rounded... could be outfit difference though.

It's very hard to remake your own character.. making someone else's is even harder! But good job so far! I did a PC version of a friends 360 character from Skyrim .. cause he wanted to see her in different outfits ( b4 x-box one came out ) .. it took a week to just 'fine toon' to get the details right and I had the slider settings to start!
    Life is about the journey...cause it all ends the same
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    Aireal wrote: »
    Add some color to her face, your girl is pretty pale, could be the difference in lighting.

Drop her jawline a smidge. I think your girls' lips are... poutier, the other 'open' more.... hard to tell with the dark color.

Cheekbones back towards ears.. a hair.

might pop the weight slider up just slightly.. that will also give your girl a softer look.. the other girls hips look a tad bit larger, rounded... could be outfit difference though.

It's very hard to remake your own character.. making someone else's is even harder! But good job so far! I did a PC version of a friends 360 character from Skyrim .. cause he wanted to see her in different outfits ( b4 x-box one came out ) .. it took a week to just 'fine toon' to get the details right and I had the slider settings to start!

This is very helpful Aireal, thank you! It is very difficult indeed. The fact that we can't view our characters in different lighting makes it even harder to predict the outcome. Wish they'd add that some time : 3

I think I'm getting a bit closer, but actually creating the character and seeing her in the same lighting makes the differences quite obvious. Check out the update!

Still a lot of things to fix on actually
    andx77eyz19y.png
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyvendi wrote: »
    s0xs3qrlggaz.png

There is something to make her smile a bit. Compare the corners of the mouth on both pictures. Yours down, the other up.
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    I feel like my entire face is lower (eyes nose mouth and all) making her look very irritated hahaha. Been trying to push them all up to look more relaxed but I'm still not sure which button (or buttons) does the trick.
    mague wrote: »
    s0xs3qrlggaz.png

There is something to make her smile a bit. Compare the corners of the mouth on both pictures. Yours down, the other up.

Thank you for the suggestion : ) I think they're a combination of lip fullness and mouth curve? The mouth curve however, is either slight smile but closed mouth, or slightly annoyed but open mouth
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like my entire face is lower (eyes nose mouth and all) making her look very irritated hahaha. Been trying to push them all up to look more relaxed but I'm still not sure which button (or buttons) does the trick.

You are right. Is there a setting for the height of the forehead and/or chin ? Eyes less turned in... cheek wider...

lfgs1dg0lfbu.png
    Edited by mague on 2 May 2019 07:03
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    Her eyebrows disappeared?

Nose is a bit wider and not as long... which would mean lengthening her whole face slightly.

One of the thing's I really wish they would do is allow us to go back into the C.C. and change our characters without having to go to the expense of buying tokens! ( the main reason I never switched from SLE to SSE in Skyrim.. and now won't because my load order is 100% stable and has been for years - SKSE and Racemenu )... I wish they would implement something along those lines here.

I've already used one token to change one of my female characters faces.. chin drove me nutty.. had to fix it.. I take lots of pictures of my games... I share on the forums that I go to.. I want my characters to look as best I can, so I really understand going for a specific look!

Just remember that she is 'your' character.. and needs her own personality. Personality quirks are often how you tell identical twins apart.
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    Just remember that she is 'your' character.. and needs her own personality. Personality quirks are often how you tell identical twins apart.

That is certainly true, I could not agree more! I'm getting closer I think. Luckily I have 4 characters left so I can use them to try out each fix and change - I've already used up all of my character deletion quotas though ahaha

It would truly be awesome if we had Racemenu and SKSE - those were the fun times
  • Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭

That is certainly true, I could not agree more! I'm getting closer I think. Luckily I have 4 characters left so I can use them to try out each fix and change - I've already used up all of my character deletion quotas though ahaha

It would truly be awesome if we had Racemenu and SKSE - those were the fun times

hmmm You know that you can go into CC and play around and as long as you don't 'save' your not using up the slot?

I wonder how hard it would be to create an app that uses the same sliders, outside the game - that would allow a person to play around with CC and when they got the character 'right' move a save over into a new character slot? I mean mod's are scripts that tell a game a specific set of information and a 'C C Mod' would just be telling the game how the sliders should go.

<sigh> I don't know how to DO that kinda thing.. had a hard enough time just getting some of my Skyrim characters as followers in a private mod!
  • Vyvendi
    Vyvendi
    Soul Shriven
    I do! I've been tweaking alot of things here and there but the CC lighting is quite different from the character select scene. When I'm pretty happy with the final outcome I'd create her to see how she looks in natural light.

Regarding some sort of mod, though, it may be quite possible but to be honest, all I think ZOS needs to do is have a feature in CC for us to change up the lighting and see our character in different scenes. That alone should be enough for us to preview them and be happy with the outcome!

PS. My new girl is looking better! Updates soon x

• Aireal
    Aireal
    ✭✭✭
    I do! I've been tweaking alot of things here and there but the CC lighting is quite different from the character select scene. When I'm pretty happy with the final outcome I'd create her to see how she looks in natural light.

Regarding some sort of mod, though, it may be quite possible but to be honest, all I think ZOS needs to do is have a feature in CC for us to change up the lighting and see our character in different scenes. That alone should be enough for us to preview them and be happy with the outcome!

PS. My new girl is looking better! Updates soon x

True that.. or go in and out of CC..

This is one of my characters Saiya Baila.. she started as the Bosmer, cause I wanted a 'non-Khajiit' thief/ assassin.. but they messed with the racial traits in one of the patches and.. well it wouldn't work for a sneak archer, who only used daggers as back up,, so.. I changed her to Khajiit anyway.
    Original Saiya
    it0nop8v86et.jpeg

Khakjiit Saiya
    90bbn0bl4cu2.jpeg

There are thing's I would love to tweak now.. but I used up 1 racial change token on her.. and another on my very first character in eso .. who I am still not happy with either.. but.. I'll figure out what I want to do..before I use up tokens or slots..

What I am saying is.. yeah I really.. really wish they would implement something that allowed for CC corrections, without using real money to do so.