Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

MINOR BUG: Game still starts in Windowed FullScreen mode instead of FullScrreen

Romilly
Romilly
✭✭✭
Macbook Pro mid 2015, AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Having to go into Settings every time to change it back to Fullscreen is a bit annoying.I'd have assumed this was an easy fix.

W
  • yacoob
    yacoob
    ✭✭
    While we're at it, once you make it fullscreen, can you cmd-tab out of fullscreen game without problems? Doing so on 4.2.7 would result in game switching back to windowed mode, and resizing the window to some arbitrary size.
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    yacoob wrote: »
    While we're at it, once you make it fullscreen, can you cmd-tab out of fullscreen game without problems? Doing so on 4.2.7 would result in game switching back to windowed mode, and resizing the window to some arbitrary size.

Try Alt-Return to toggle between windowed and full screen
  • yacoob
    yacoob
    ✭✭
    ethernut60 wrote: »
    Try Alt-Return to toggle between windowed and full screen

This definitely hasn't worked for me in 4.2.7, the only way to go back to fullscreen was to click through the settings menu.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    Command-M used to take me to windowed mode, and still does, but starting condition is now always Windowed-FullScreen, no matter how I exit the game.
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    alt-Return is same as Command-M apparently, just tested. Doesn't get me out of full-screen-window, just goes to small-windowed.
  • ethernut60
    ethernut60
    ✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    alt-Return is same as Command-M apparently, just tested. Doesn't get me out of full-screen-window, just goes to small-windowed.

Which is windowed mode, not full screen. Now you can free your mouse and access other apps. Click back in the game window and Alt-Return and you're back in full screen.
  • Atlan_daGonozal
    Atlan_daGonozal
    ✭✭✭
    Romilly wrote: »
    Having to go into Settings every time to change it back to Fullscreen is a bit annoying.

Thanks for the hint. I was so used to use the keyboard shortcut to switch into fullscreen I forgot about the settings.

• Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    No, there are two different windowed modes, and FULLSCREEN.

Windowed(FullScreen)
    Windowed.
    Full Screen

I have always had Fullscreen and Windowed as the two states, but this last 2 patches, it's been Windowed(FUllScreen) and Window, unless I go into Settings and set it manually to FUllscreen, but next time I start its back.
    Edited by Romilly on 13 November 2018 23:44
  • Seedier
    Seedier
    ✭✭
    Same here - i can put into fullscreen but it defaults to 'fullscreen(windowed) on restart'. Once in proper fullscreen, alt-enter, cmd-f and cmd-m all seem to simply toggled between window and fullscreen (or window and fullscreen window if haven't switched to fullscreen already).

More importantly i get lots of graphical glitches in full screen:
    - lower resolution (eg very fuzz text) where it is normal in fullscreen(windowed)
    - more importantly I'm having a lot of flickering textures to the point where it's impossible to concentrate on the game
    - texture flickering is present in all graphical settings from low to ultra-high (toggling other options like shade settings doesn't help)
    - On the plus side, there is at least a significant improvement in frame rates in windowed fullscreen mode.
    - Regardless of settings minimising the app to access Finder or other apps like Minion results in a spinning ball of death on returning to ESO...
    (I'm running on a 2017 MBP touchbar / MacOS Mojave)

So for me, new patch has helped frame rates in windowed fullscreen mode, but all the other glitches introduced a couple of patches ago remain...
  • Sanemancured
    Seedier wrote: »
    Same here - i can put into fullscreen but it defaults to 'fullscreen(windowed) on restart'. Once in proper fullscreen, alt-enter, cmd-f and cmd-m all seem to simply toggled between window and fullscreen (or window and fullscreen window if haven't switched to fullscreen already).

More importantly i get lots of graphical glitches in full screen:
    - lower resolution (eg very fuzz text) where it is normal in fullscreen(windowed)
    - more importantly I'm having a lot of flickering textures to the point where it's impossible to concentrate on the game
    - texture flickering is present in all graphical settings from low to ultra-high (toggling other options like shade settings doesn't help)
    - On the plus side, there is at least a significant improvement in frame rates in windowed fullscreen mode.
    - Regardless of settings minimising the app to access Finder or other apps like Minion results in a spinning ball of death on returning to ESO...
    (I'm running on a 2017 MBP touchbar / MacOS Mojave)

So for me, new patch has helped frame rates in windowed fullscreen mode, but all the other glitches introduced a couple of patches ago remain...

Same here