Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Why Is My Ping So High, Servers Still Screwed Up? Help?

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Im still getting insane ping spikes regularly + crashes when in Cyro. Just now on a nearly empty server in Short PC/NA, I start out at a normal ping but even in a small fight of a few people i get maxed out spikes. Even when it says 130 ping my abilities are still lagging like crazy and the battle is moving with a delay of several second increments. Im playing from New England, if I ping servers in Austin, TX the result is 87ms. I can't ping ZOS servers anymore so idk exactly but my internet seems to be just fine. This wasn't the case prior to the game breaking patch. If I do a trace route I get 73ms ping when it hits Akkamait tech or whatever and obviously thats as far as you can track it these days. So, whats the problem? I have all the proper ports open, its never been this much of an issue. From what I can see others are also having issues. Based on these few small tests it doesnt seem to be my ISP. Other games works fine. I've tried all the usual fixes such as game file repair and disabling add-ons, nothing helps. If someone else knows of any other tests I can run to try and pinpoint the issue please let me know. Ive got a top notch modem and router, typically 200mb download/50 upload.