The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The New leveling advisor

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    PerArdua wrote: »
    Going to be a busy day for you @ZOS_GinaBruno

giphy.webp
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno great work on answering questions on this an other threads so quickly
    Think the extra character slot would be a great solution to this plus I need another mule (yes I m a hoarder and don’t think a home full of storage chests would satisfy my affliction)
    Options
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Players that have been around awhile and have max character don't need leveling rewards anyway, so what is with all the crying? Good grief.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to be a busy day for you ZOS_GinaBruno

Do you ping her with an @ so she has even more to do. How thoughtful of you ....

Not

I removed the @ so she doesn't get yet another ping from my quote

Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAxen wrote: »
    Players that have been around awhile and have max character don't need leveling rewards anyway, so what is with all the crying? Good grief.

It depends on what kind of crown crates will be given for the levelling. If they are a special one tailored specifically levelling characters, you are right. If they are normal ones with the possibility of apex rewards...
    Edited by Ydrisselle on 4 January 2018 17:21
    Options
  • jcaceresw
    jcaceresw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno please no more character slots. Give us "class change" tokens. I don't mind not getting the items granted by this new system but I do mind deleting one of my actual characters (with lots of achievements, horse leveling and 9 trait researches) just to create a new one.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

So what is the incentive to level a new character till Update 17? Because right now I can't find any, and I'm tempted to cancel my ESO+ sub until the patch arrives.
    edit: well, it completely killed my mood for levelling any character, be it old or new. And I don't have any max levelled toon...

The incentive to play the game should be the enjoyment you derive from it, not the free gold and crafting materials you receive from doing so.
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww yes, yet another slap in the face to veteran players.

-It felt like I got screwed when they went from the subscription model to buy2play. Loyal subs got what? Like 800 crowns? For a years worth of subscription. I remember they had a deal for new players who got even more crowns for buying ESO+.

-It felt like I got screwed when they went from veteran ranks to champion points. The amount of grinding to get those characters to VRwhatever didn't really translate into CP very well.

-It felt like I got screwed when they turned half of my provisioning materials into vendor trash.

-It felt like I got screwed when they combined my horse skills into rider skill. I had multiple horses and the numbers just didn't seem to add up.

I'm not surprised they're making their most dedicated players level another character to get a free crown crate.

New players > Veterans, it's the zos way.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

So what is the incentive to level a new character till Update 17? Because right now I can't find any, and I'm tempted to cancel my ESO+ sub until the patch arrives.
    edit: well, it completely killed my mood for levelling any character, be it old or new. And I don't have any max levelled toon...

The incentive to play the game should be the enjoyment you derive from it, not the free gold and crafting materials you receive from doing so.

To quote myself:

It depends on what kind of crown crates will be given for the levelling. If they are a special one tailored specifically levelling characters, you are right. If they are normal ones with the possibility of apex rewards...

I think I will wait till we know what kind of crates they are planning to give as a reward.
    Options
  • JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

You should consider doing this for CP, if possible. Some people have all character slots full of max level toons which leaves them out of these rewards, they should be included in this as well, no?
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I kind of regret all the time I just spent during New Life Festival leveling alts... :|

I even bought a new character slot for crowns, and now I feel like I should not play any of my sub-50 alts until this system is implemented or we at least know more about it. As it happens, I do not yet own the brown horse and I'd hate to miss my chance if it is now meant to be earned through game play. And Crown Crates are not trivial rewards - one crate is equal to 400 crowns, regardless of the fact that the contents seldom are. These at least should be given retroactively to max toons.
    Options
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually a little disappointed that they're just going to give new players a horse. One of the first big accomplishments in the game is saving enough to buy your first mount. Now it's just a participation trophy. Meh.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
    Options
  • neal_brasier
    neal_brasier
    ✭✭✭
    Amadis001 wrote: »
    I'm actually a little disappointed that they're just going to give new players a horse. One of the first big accomplishments in the game is saving enough to buy your first mount. Now it's just a participation trophy. Meh.

At least it will stop all the morons in zone chat spamming "need 10k for a horse"
    Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there any rewards that are only obtainable in this system?
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This so much, this is good news all over, less idiots in dungeons is good for all, its probably an buff for zergs in cyrodil as an proud zergling this is good :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A player can install the game and buy a mount immediately from the crown store without earning the gold in game.
    Players can by packs that give mounts (ie imperial pack)

10K seems like nothing to those of us that have played for a while but it is an undaunting amount to a new player on a new account getting 20-40 gold per quest. Plenty of other accomplishments to be had in the game. I dont have a problem with them giving the basic mount to a new player/character.
    Edited by Katahdin on 4 January 2018 18:30
    Beta tester November 2013
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

The marksman restoration staff, obviously sharpened :)
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

A player can install the game and buy a mount immediately from the crown store without earning the gold in game.
    Players can by packs that give mounts (ie imperial pack)

10K seems like nothing to those of us that have played for a while but it is an undaunting amount to a new player on a new account. Plenty of other accomplishments to be had in the game. I dont have a problem with them giving the basic mount to a new player/character.

I made a new character on the EU server just to try it out. I looted the stuff on the boat in Vvardenfell and typed in chat 'LF trading guild' was instantly invited to one, ran to the city and sold a blue recipe I found for 3k gold in about 5mins.

10k gold might seem like a lot to a new player who just quests. But 10k gold is easy to get if you do the right things.
    [DC/NA]
    Options
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A housing storage coffer at lvl18, according to the official discussion thread.
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.
    Options
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For the sake of noobs I hope the advice this system gives is better than the advise that appears at the bottom of death recaps.

kDtnsbe.jpg
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on 4 January 2018 18:59
    PC EU
    Options
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These are rewards for new players more so than anyone else. Aside from the crown crates, there is little use a player will have with the new rewards who is leveling their 13th+ character.

The entitlement is real good lord.
    Options
  • ravendies
    ravendies
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Horrible idea to not have the rewards be retroactive. Great way to get new players to want to level but for people who already have leveled all their characters, they get nothing!!! It's the Veteran players that spend lots of money on crowns each month that keep your game going. Seems like it would push them to not spend as much or stop spending all together. The brown mount, not a big deal but the crown crates...
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there achievements tied to the new level up progression?
    Edited by Shimmer on 4 January 2018 19:18
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
    Options
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little disappointed that the rewards aren't going to be retroactive, but it does give me an excuse to try out the MagBlade that I've always kinda wanted to level.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I for one think this is great for new players and makes it a little less overwhelming and more welcoming to them.
    Edited by Shimmer on 4 January 2018 19:24

Options
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, at least there will not be an excuse for new players to spam chat asking for gold to buy a mount. Now they'll get one for free.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
    Options
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ravendies wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Horrible idea to not have the rewards be retroactive. Great way to get new players to want to level but for people who already have leveled all their characters, they get nothing!!! It's the Veteran players that spend lots of money on crowns each month that keep your game going. Seems like it would push them to not spend as much or stop spending all together. The brown mount, not a big deal but the crown crates...

You dont "get nothing" she already said it was once per account, so its not like you are unable to go get the same items. Simply make another character and get the same items....

Options
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

A housing storage coffer at lvl18, according to the official discussion thread.
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

So if you don't craft and don't own IC then you have to pay cash for storage...

Or roll a new alt and reach the lofty level of 18?

I can just see a newbie level 18 thinking "Great, storage! But I don't have enough gold for a house (didn't even save 10k for a horse), I'll have to buy a house in the crown store".

Free storage for ESO+ members would be a nice touch though...
    Options
  • Vrienda
    Vrienda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... I shouldn’t have bulk levelled all those characters back in October?

Wish I’d known.
    Edited by Vrienda on 4 January 2018 19:29
    Desperate for Roleplaying servers to bring open world non-organised RP to Elder Scrolls Online. Please ZOS.
    Options
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Going to be a busy day for you @ZOS_GinaBruno

giphy.webp
    Wish I knew what that Pic is . I pad won’t display it
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by PerArdua on 4 January 2018 19:33
    Options