Maintenance for the week of October 21:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 21, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

[SPOILER] New chapter hinted at the end of CWC main quest ?

Sotha_Sil
Sotha_Sil
✭✭✭✭✭
At the end of the main quest in CWC, there is mention of trouble in the Summerset Isles. What do you think about that ? Could it be the next chapter of ESO ?
Edited by Sotha_Sil on 20 September 2017 10:28
Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure why not ^^
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and might be spear-headed by Mephala!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye I think,
    The Daughter of Naryu (dont remember her name) is going there, and the fate ash landers (forgot the name here too :D) predicted that she will cause great calamity
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't finished the main quest here but there's been quite a few mentions of Summerset in new quests.

If it is Summerset, they could add Spellcrafting as it would be very fitting to be learning that from Summerset ...

Hmmmmm!
    Edited by JD2013 on 20 September 2017 12:04
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be very happy if that's the case.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Sotha Sil all but tells you "congrats, you're going to Summerset to deal with Mephala next".

God I'm so tired of Mephala.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    Ye I think,
    The Daughter of Naryu (dont remember her name) is going there, and the fate ash landers (forgot the name here too :D) predicted that she will cause great calamity

Ye, it was something about "world will burn". And given that next crown crates, after nocturnal zombie related, are infernal with malacath furniture...
    Edited by Cinbri on 20 September 2017 14:05
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they are doing Summerset as a chapter, then I hope it has at least a few more quests than Vvardenfell as opposed to lots of empty spaces.

It could also have;

Spellcrafting (as opposed to a new class)

12 - 18 delves (some group some not, I stated this amount as Vvardenfell had 6 and 2 group dungeons and it made it feel sparse for content, and Craglorn, for example, has 18 and Vvardenfell is larger than Craglorn)

New trial: The Crystal Tower (Daedra are infesting the tower or something)

6 world bosses as per normal.

And of course the new sets, crafted sets and collectibles and achievements etc.

Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ye I think,

Not her daughter, apprentice. But yes, depending on the choices you make, you get a different ending on that one.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ye I think,

Not her daughter, apprentice. But yes, depending on the choices you make, you get a different ending on that one.
    Naryu's Morag Tong title as her mentor is "The Mother of Blades" (or something like that), so yes, Veya is metaphorically her "daughter". As far as I know, the choice is one of those consequential-inconsequential decisions - if you choose to spare her it's fairly obvious, but if you tell Naryu to kill her, she asks to be alone while she's doing it. So totally feasible she's still alive and will be in Summerset either way.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been hinting Summerset since Vvardenfell, with it being mentioned as the destiny of some NPCs that were leaving the island.

So yeah. Pretty sure that's the next chapter. I'm hoping we are going to see Telenger again, since he was the guy that dropped a cave on Mephala's aspect head during the Dominion quest line.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset Isle + Spellcrafting Chapter Hype!
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »
    At the end of the main quest in CWC, there is mention of trouble in the Summerset Isles. What do you think about that ? Could it be the next chapter of ESO ?

that sounds good. Also in the end part of Orsinium questline, there were hints to new content, so hopefuly you are right here.

I would love to see more magic, spellcrafting!!
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIRC Nocturnal talked about "at the shores of Summerset", and Seht and Fyr were talking about Artaeum and the Psijics. So it might not be the main island of the Summerset Isles, but "just" Artaeum, which would be exceptionally freaky.
    But Spellcrafting seems like a no-brainer in either case.

Question is, will we see Mephala's Realm DLC in Q1 2018, together with the new chapter, or later?
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    and might be spear-headed by Mephala!

I see what you did there ;)
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Gan Xing
    Gan Xing
    ✭✭✭✭
    I doubt Spellcrafting, but prolly Jewelry crafting. Spellcrafting and Jewelry crafting has been on the back burner since launch... I think with the launch of Transmutation, we are more likely to see Jewelry crafting and Transmogrification than Spellcrafting.

Sorry to burst your bubbles/hype
    Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
    Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
    Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
    Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
    Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
    Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
    Odin banker - obv banker
    Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to High Elf master race land would be fantastic.
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yikes! Sick of all these elven stuff. I just like to kill elves in PVP nothing more! :tongue:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Robby94
    Robby94
    ✭✭✭
    Racist dunmer now elitist altmer, as an orc im glad wrothgar was friendlier to other races. Mot looking forward to wanting to kill every elf that looks down on me. I had wnough of that in the ad zones. Hopefully we get murkmire. Eventually.
    Edited by Robby94 on 21 September 2017 17:17
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gan Xing wrote: »
    I doubt Spellcrafting, but prolly Jewelry crafting. Spellcrafting and Jewelry crafting has been on the back burner since launch... I think with the launch of Transmutation, we are more likely to see Jewelry crafting and Transmogrification than Spellcrafting.

Sorry to burst your bubbles/hype
    Both jewelry crafting and transmog are too small to be main features of a new chapter, if you compare them to a new class and battlegrounds.

My money still is on spell crafting or a new weapon line.
    Edited by SanTii.92 on 21 September 2017 15:06
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd suggest putting a spoiler notice in the title since a spoiler is provided in the OP.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do the quest with the Prognosticator you can get some foreshadowing for that too. :)
    vw0baf59kl5o.png
    tcrxwomizkrx.png

We've also got Raz's little apprentice who needs to cause the betrayal of the Queen IIRC. Not sure how they're going to pull that one off if you let her die though...

Edit: For what it's worth, Murkmire gets name-dropped a few times too. Glad to see they haven't forgotten about it...
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on 24 September 2017 00:56
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id be fine with that zone
    spell crafting would be nice id love to be frost mage but wont get my hopes up like morrowind with frost tanking saddness
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JD2013 wrote: »
    If they are doing Summerset as a chapter, then I hope it has at least a few more quests than Vvardenfell as opposed to lots of empty spaces.

It could also have;

Spellcrafting (as opposed to a new class)

12 - 18 delves (some group some not, I stated this amount as Vvardenfell had 6 and 2 group dungeons and it made it feel sparse for content, and Craglorn, for example, has 18 and Vvardenfell is larger than Craglorn)

New trial: The Crystal Tower (Daedra are infesting the tower or something)

6 world bosses as per normal.

And of course the new sets, crafted sets and collectibles and achievements etc.

Agreed. The new Chapter should definitely take cues from Craglorn instead of Vvardenfell. Vvardenfell was just a starter zone basically. Sure it was a huge map, but there was very little content. And the content that was there was all designed for beginners.

Craglorn (post-OT) strikes the perfect balance. I has tons of content for both new and veteran players alike.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 24 September 2017 19:08
  • teiselaise
    teiselaise
    ✭✭✭
    *** no i want my murkmire, if mephalas realm comes first im going to die :( i cant wait much longer, spellcrafting and transmog would be cool tho, i dont know about jewelry crafting tho, not very fancy but would reduce the grinding i guess ^^
    Argonian masterrace
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sotha_Sil wrote: »

here's hoping.

• Nolic1
    Nolic1
    ✭✭✭
    I think its cool we might be going to Summerset isle but I do not see spellcrafting coming maybe a new class thats a mage type class. One that there skills match that of the staff equiped much like the destro staff skills work but the whole class works that way including resto. When you equip a melee weapon maybe they change to fit them as well. But I personally do not see spellcrafting being added it would unbalance the game to much.
    Sherman from Sherman's Gaming

Youtube content creator that is dedicated to the Casual and Roleplay community for News, Lets Talks, Guides, Help and character builds.

Youtube channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Sotha Sil all but tells you "congrats, you're going to Summerset to deal with Mephala next".

God I'm so tired of Mephala.

All the more reason to get to kick his/her ass!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nolic1 wrote: »
    I think its cool we might be going to Summerset isle but I do not see spellcrafting coming maybe a new class thats a mage type class. One that there skills match that of the staff equiped much like the destro staff skills work but the whole class works that way including resto. When you equip a melee weapon maybe they change to fit them as well. But I personally do not see spellcrafting being added it would unbalance the game to much.

I highly doubt we're getting another class so soon. We've got all the mages covered pretty much.

Summoner/lightning mage? Sorc
    Druid/frost mage? Warden
    Illusionist/blood mage? Nightblade
    Pyromancer? DK

The only classic "mage class" still missing is necromancer.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on 25 September 2017 17:25
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predicted this as soon as Vvardenfell was added for 3 reasons:

1) The main Summerset Isle is approximately the same size as Vvardenfell, making it a perfect second run after they proved they could do that size of an update. They need to do it right also so the first run was not the way to go for Summerset.

2) Several NPCs had already mentioned going to the main Summerset Isle, including I believe Raz. Also, Queen Ayrenn's seat of power is not in Auridon and we've seen the other thrones.

3) Veya gets sent to Summerset and Naryu mentions "shadows" and trouble in Summerset.

They tried to be subtle, but their version of subtle is like a sledgehammer to me.