Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is It Possible To Use A Modem To PoE (Power Over Ethernet) Or Possible to Bridge 2 Different Routers

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
HI I'm unsure where to turn. I have always getting must have valid Internet connection. Got used to where it's still playable, but now it's getting where it's to becoming Unplayable every 2-5 minutes I get must have valid Internet connection, in busy area like towns (Glenumbra and Wayrest) As well as Cyrodiil (Even when campaign is empty)

I tried battle grounds, unable to do them as well as dungeons as well as trials. I'm still getting must have valid Internet connection. It’s getting embarrassing when I'm unable to do anything as well as when my friends need help then I freeze and get kicked out with error. It’s getting to the point I'm not having fun and it's becoming more of a chore to reconnect every time.

I'm from NA, I play PS4 EU. But I still have must have valid Internet connection on PS4 NA to as well as PC. I'm starting to think ESO really hates my Internet. My ports are opened as well as to me following 5 different support staff in the ESO ticket support. Eventhough the 5 different ESO support staff was very helpful and I'm very thankful. We had to set the ticket as solved since nothing we could do.

I was going to write to Sony Support if anything they could do. But was unable to find email and or phone number for support. I thought there was nothing to do and just to accept it. Until my last must have valid Internet connection before I got off. I had a thought does ESO on my PS4 (including PC, I mostly play PS4 though) hate my Internet because the router is not hooked up to a Modem?

I'm wondering if this is why ESO hates my Internet? But I have problems though. I'm not connected to cable and not provided in the area. However I'm connected via PoE (Power Over Ethernet) Then 1 Ethernet cable thing runs to my Asus-RT 88u router. Then my PS4 connects to my router.

This 3rd party link says what PoE is used for. https://kb.netgear.com/209/What-is-PoE-Power-over-Ethernet

This is what I'm currently connected to. 2e6679x.jpg

(for some reason image won't work, would only say it has been moved or removed, until I figured out why my pic not display, please use this 3rd party link. It shows the same PoE that I'm currently using and was given to me by my IP Provider. https://www.thetelecomspot.com/ubiquiti-networks-poe-injector-24vdc-12w-gbit.html?origin=product-ads&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIu9uJlfXS1QIVioR-Ch0tzAxHEAQYCSABEgKlKvD_BwE)

I was wondering is there a Modem without a coaxial? That I could plug into my PoE (Power Over Ethernet) Then to my Router? My Asus-RT 88U router is also connected through static IP address, that was given by My IP Provider. If so what modem would work?

If it's not possible, could I use 2 different Routers together and bridge them together to make a Modem? Is it possible with my old Netgear R7000 Nighthawk router and my Asus-RT 88u Together? Is this possible to? Many thanks.

(Edited due to auto correction of word that was not intended, instead of originaly writing Netgear it said Nether)

(is my signature hidden To?)
Edited by Serjustin19 on 13 August 2017 00:19
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.