Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Height research for the races

WhiteCoatSyndrome
WhiteCoatSyndrome
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I've been comparing heights of the player races to some of the non-playable races. My findings so far are as follows:

Maormer are about the same height as Altmer (using the Embassy staff in Khenarthi's Roost for comparison)
Dark Seducers are about a head taller than my Breton (going by the one in Sanguine's Demesne)
#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ingame is not the best example of height imo in regards to: orc, nord, argonian, and altmer. Especially the latter 3. Most npcs are a bit too 'average' in height. Those races can easily reach large sizes
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When both at max height, ive found my Argonian is a tad taller than my Khajiit.

And the Bosmer are just adorably tiny. Not just normal tiny, but pick up in your arms like a doll tiny.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Altmer>Nords>Orcs*>Argonians>Khajiit>Dunmer>Redguards*>Imperials>Bretons>Bosmer

*May not be in the exact right place, but should be relatively close
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say for sure since I beat that quest and only have the skeleton versions to go off of, but the Kothringi seem to be short--about the same height as my Breton. Anyone know if they change height after the reveal?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I went through the Zuuk quest with a template Bosmer on the PTS - Drillk is 1/2 - 1 head taller (hard to tell with that crown), and the Ayleid ghost in the ruins is about a head taller.
  • theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO
    NPC heights can be really whack sometimes. There was one quest in Glenumbra with an Orc captain(?) that would tower over any max height character.
    Ditto the defeated alliance villains you can help while saving the lost mage's guild members. For some reason they're all suddenly like 8 ft tall.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @theroyalestpythonnub18_ESO Unfortunately it can't be helped. :( This is why I'm making note of which NPCs I'm using. Some of them like Lyris Titanborn are obviously skewed; my hope is that the ones I'm using are sufficiently average that they can provide at least some basis for comparison, and if they're not someone will call it out. Pity I can't just get them all to line up next to a tape measure...
  • Dustfinger81
    Dustfinger81
    ✭✭✭
    Best way would be to take same relative height of a new toon from each race and place them against a wall or background and measure them against a common mark on the wall. I may do this.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dustfinger81 I'm trying to get heights for the NPC races, for which that isn't possible - the Maormer, the Ayleids, various types of Daedra, if any Akaviri show up I'll probably chase them down with a ruler too...
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the Daedra are known values. As are the "default," heights for the races. The single player games do not allow you to mess around with a character's height by default (though some chargen mods will allow you to do so). Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim have slight variances, but they also include most of the NPC races you're looking for, excluding the Maomer. In the final case, you're probably looking at somewhere around Altmer or Dunmer heights.

Incidentally, TES3 will also let you estimate Dwemer height, if you were wanting to go that route.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NPC heights can be really whack sometimes. There was one quest in Glenumbra with an Orc captain(?) that would tower over any max height character.
    Ditto the defeated alliance villains you can help while saving the lost mage's guild members. For some reason they're all suddenly like 8 ft tall.

I've notice a number of the Undaunted NPCs are exaggerated.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●