Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.1.0 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

The lack of transparency and fabled "hard data"

MotokoKusanagi34
MotokoKusanagi34
✭✭✭
Just like many other players I'm currently rather unhappy about the recent balance changes which will radically change ESO in the next few months. Now this isn't new as many of you probably remember the outcry from (mainly) PVE players about the changes to crit, proc sets and warhorn back then. Many claimed it would effectively render PVE unplayable and nerf the group damage into oblivion (turned out it didn't). While it affected many classes and their importance the overall game balance wasn't really hurt and players had to adapt. We always have to and neither is it always the same thing nor a good thing. Back then Rich even posted parses to shut up those who were concerned about nerfing DPS "into the ground": https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/3631924/#Comment_3631924

What about now though - why can't you answer to concerns of paying customers now? What is the grand scale plan? What does the hard data exactly say? Would it hurt to show us what you're planning to do with the next patch? Give us a guideline, show us why the game won't turn into a heavy attack fest - you said the game was about fast paced combat; can you provide any evidence of that? Developer comments are a buff if used right and would be a step in the right direction, but are a nerf everytime you use these little boxes for not properly utilizing them.

I don't feel like you're doing a good job of explaining changes at all.
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just like many other players I'm currently rather unhappy about the recent balance changes which will radically change ESO in the next few months. Now this isn't new as many of you probably remember the outcry from (mainly) PVE players about the changes to crit, proc sets and warhorn back then. Many claimed it would effectively render PVE unplayable and nerf the group damage into oblivion (turned out it didn't). While it affected many classes and their importance the overall game balance wasn't really hurt and players had to adapt. We always have to and neither is it always the same thing nor a good thing. Back then Rich even posted parses to shut up those who were concerned about nerfing DPS "into the ground": https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/discussion/comment/3631924/#Comment_3631924

What about now though - why can't you answer to concerns of paying customers now? What is the grand scale plan? What does the hard data exactly say? Would it hurt to show us what you're planning to do with the next patch? Give us a guideline, show us why the game won't turn into a heavy attack fest - you said the game was about fast paced combat; can you provide any evidence of that? Developer comments are a buff if used right and would be a step in the right direction, but are a nerf everytime you use these little boxes for not properly utilizing them.

Why do you feel the need to demand proof? Like who even does that?
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They claim that their data shows a lot of people use healing ritual. I don't know how I can trust any data that can lead to that conclusion
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • Myerscod
    Myerscod
    ✭✭✭

People who pay to pay the game, therefore pay ZOS staffs wages. It's not unusual to wonder why these MASSIVE GAME CHANGING changes are happening and when the explanations given don't meet the end users expectations, it's up to company to answer the questions in order to keep their custom.

Let me take you back to the block changes. During PTS Wrobel took some time to thoroughly explain the changes in block cost and Stamina whilst blocking and immediately satisfied the large majority of the player base who had concern. We've had no such communication for these changes which will affect 99% of players in the game, except the Developers comments which were so useful the player base turned them into meme. Christ, read through the patch notes, they start with "this will be a buff If x, and a reduction if not" and end up with "this will be a buff if x and a nerf if not".

Who even does that for their own changes if they agree with the changes?
    Options
  • alexkdd99
    alexkdd99
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you not read the forums? Alot of people have done that when zos comes out with major changes like the ones they are currently making.
    Options
  • Audens
    Audens
    ✭✭✭
    Hard data says people love nostalgia, so if people love Morrowind, people love balance changes!
    unban my first account thanks
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Transparency would require that Zeni be truthfull, honest, and honor the wishes of the majority of the playerbase. It is evident to anyone with eyes they dont.

The last ESO live was completely ESO legends. The Zeni team does whatever they feel like, either because they are stuck in a denial loop due to their own hubris, or incompitence.

Just get away from this game, it's a sinking ship and will be until the dev team changes.
    Options