Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase: April 2017"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
9b6a316e892017524aa20424e26c725e.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the Crown Store Showcase: April 2017 blog article.

Want to experience Tamriel in traditional Breton style? This month, we have a selection of both practical and lavish Breton-themed outfits. However, that's not all! What better place to show off your new look than an island paradise? Check out the April Showcase below for a preview of the new Crown Store offerings. Each month, we'll receive new offers of Crown Store items, so keep your eyes open for future previews!

Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice! Robin Hood gears
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited time house? Interesting.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ricam
    ricam
    ✭✭✭
    Love the lion. Why a limited time on the island house?
    PS4 NA. Ebonheart Pact, Dark Elf, Sorcerer
  • Shanjijri
    Shanjijri
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Scholar personality and a black lion... I will be poor soon.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited time on the house most people were most excited by? I find that a bit shady as they are clearly thinking people will choose to buy it because they worry they will regret it. If they think it is a quality item they shouldn't need to use marketing tricks to sell it.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The evening suit looks interesting.

I really want the scholar personality, I've been looking for something mage like for my DK for a while.

The rest I'm not too interested in. The limited time on a house is interesting though... not too sure how I feel about that especially with what's going to be a very steep price.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    Limited time on the house most people were most excited by? I find that a bit shady as they are clearly thinking people will choose to buy it because they worry they will regret it. If they think it is a quality item they shouldn't need to use marketing tricks to sell it.

I never expected anything less, to be honest.
    Griffe wrote: »
    The Scholar personality and a black lion... I will be poor soon.

Add to that the High Rock Pioneer Outfit and I should be good in my quest to deplete my Crowns to zero.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RapidUrsa
    RapidUrsa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really want the house but if its 15,000 crowns I'm out!!
    About Me
    Xbox One - EU
    Gamertag - RapidUrsa
    Overall CP - 500
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not getting my hopes up on the island - really looking forward to the scholar!
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Expect to see the island in a future crown crate season with a ridiculously low drop rate.

The island that everyone has coveted ever since housing was announced is only available for 5 days? That makes absolutely zero sense unless they want to use the island to drive crate sales.

Sure, some folks will open their wallets that wouldn't otherwise have because of the limited time thing. But I can't imagine that they will outnumber those who would like to buy it but miss the 5 day window.

ZOS wants both. By making it limited time, they spur a short-term cash infusion. Then, when they add it to the crates in the future, they get another huge cash infusion as people go crazy throwing hundreds of dollars at the crates trying to get the island.
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    More RP costumes, yawn. Guess costumes that look like armour you'd fight in are a thing of the past or stuck in RNG crates. Really need to add the ability to modify the look of dropped gear sets so motifs are useful. On the plus side no need to buy and spend any crowns for another month.
  •  Panda_iMunch
    Panda_iMunch
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a big fan of the horn styled things, but everything else seems pretty neat. I guess now everyone can look like a smart version of Robin Hood
    Yeetus that fetus

Youtube: Pandalius (Panda)
    Twitch: Pandalius
    Beam: Pandalius
    Twitter: Pandalius
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

Can I replace interesting with terrible?

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting. The limited time "Island" furniture is all Argonian stuff anyone can make themselves. The Breton costumes and the rascal hair is about all I see myself getting.
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrible tease. Lol.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get your 15k crowns house now folks, only for a limited time!
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah go for it.

Shall we start bets on when ESO HOME EXCLUSIVE TO CROWN CRATES will make it's debut? @NewBlacksmurf
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play ESO since the early access, so over 3 years now, and it's my first rant: IMO, this is the worst showcase so far... Every month I wait for something to spend my crowns on, and every month it's getting worse. Black lion, really? Looks like a victim of a bush fire. Breton costumes... meh. The personality? Mildly interesting, I would pay around 900 crowns for it. The mansion is a last straw: for a limited time? Are you kidding, ZOS?
    How about you put all the stuff showed into the scam crates into the store, so I could buy that 1% items from it I want instead of 99% crap? How about rotating the previous merchandise, so I could buy the Bosmer dress I missed, and the Clouded Senche? How about fixing the banker and the merchant, so it would make sense to buy them? And again: why is the island available only for 5 days!!!!!
    After the scam crates went live I counted how much I would spend in the Crown Store, if the prices were reasonable and the merchandise was rotated: guess what, around 12.000 crowns. Now you will loose another 15.000 crowns (probably), because I wanted to buy the island together with my friend who is currently in a hospital and won't be able to log in for a looong time.
    Finally: why can't we have the Cave and the Island as a true Guild Halls? That would bring a huge value to the guild system, and a lot of monies for you, ZOS, because as a Guild Master I won't buy a 100$ place I can't properly share with my guildies, and it's not about the money.

P.S. Btw, take that horrible bridle off from all the Senches finally! Why can't it be something similar to the wolf's saddle, or just a leash (reins?) around the neck? Believe me, no cat (virtual or not) would allow something like that around it's whiskers - especially not a proud lion...
    Edited by Streega on 4 April 2017 16:39
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Master Angler
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah go for it.

Shall we start bets on when ESO HOME EXCLUSIVE TO CROWN CRATES will make it's debut? @NewBlacksmurf

June or July
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Limited housing? Savage. Is making the Island limited time so much better than leave it permanently available? What about new players that won't be with us these 5 days. This money grabbing tactics are starting to *** me off. I feel so ashamed for how deep the "marketing" strategy fell. Worst idea ever to bring someone from SWTOR to roll business in ESO. I don't have enough arguments to defend the game or try sell it to my friends or other people. These marketing tactics might even work, but makes ESO looks like a prostitute trying to sell herself so hard and so obvious whilst not offering a good service.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm with everyone else in regard to the limited time housing. Not purchasing 2 5500 Crown packs ($80) plus depleting the rest of my crowns to purchase this. But, we're guessing 15,000 Crowns, but it could be more since they tend to price limited items higher than their regular store counterparts.

I'm happy to see some more male outfits in the store (though I only have 1 token male). I'm really hoping for Dunmer outfits with the launch of Morrowind.
  • menedhyn
    menedhyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grand Topal Hideaway - available for a mere five days.

Am I missing something here?
    Edited by menedhyn on 4 April 2017 20:01
    'Pure rains make sweet rivers'
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I Couldn't care less about some stupid island I will take 2 outfits that is it maybe scholar
  • NightHawkRaven
    I have been waiting for Topical hideaway to be available, if it is 15000 Crowns I'd be able to squeeze it out. 5 day availability is setting off warning bells. I'm reluctant to get it now as I'm thinking perhaps something better is coming along to encourage people to spend goodness know how much to get enough crowns for it having depleted their reserves. Hmmmmmm
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The current highest house is at 13,000 crowns and most players thought they wouldn't go that high. They will keep raising prices when they see such high demand for specific house. Don't be surprised if that house is over 14,000 with or without being furnished.
  • Rainwhisper
    Rainwhisper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Count me among the "Strongly opposed to limited-time housing" crowd.

On the other hand, I'll definitely snag the scholar personality.
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick question: Are any items being discontinued from the Crown Store this month?
  • Tess_Phyreforge
    Tess_Phyreforge
    ✭✭✭
    I have been waiting for Topical hideaway to be available, if it is 15000 Crowns I'd be able to squeeze it out. 5 day availability is setting off warning bells. I'm reluctant to get it now as I'm thinking perhaps something better is coming along to encourage people to spend goodness know how much to get enough crowns for it having depleted their reserves. Hmmmmmm

Same here, I want to know what's coming with Morrowind before I sink real $$ for the Island, I was planning on buying it for a Guildhall for our Meet & Greet parties.

I hate limited time options, should be available to buy at anytime for players that Sub.
    Edited by Tess_Phyreforge on 6 April 2017 16:30
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always wanted a loop emote for /write, now we have it with the scholar. Thank you!
    If you can be anything, be kind.