The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Molag Bal in sewers glitched

HarpaxPT
HarpaxPT
✭✭✭
I was down there yesterday trying to farm him. When he came out we hit him a few times, he jumped into the air and never came down. Nothing reset. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event has a timer. I know this from trying to get that transliminal violet dye with just me and one other person. If you take too long closing the portals and then finishing him off he will disappear and the event resets.

Did he actually jump up to the ceiling or something or was it just that he "evacuated" and the event reset?
    Options
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    He jumped up like when he comes back with the red aoe on the ground. And we didnt take too long as we were doing multiple portals at once
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the jump is actually just an animation for him respawning actually. It's how they make characters/NPCs appear to teleport around, because they actually do teleport. But it seems there was a server issue where he didn't respawn/teleport properly in a visible space. Maybe he even fell below the ground.
    Did he work in later attempts? Was this a one-time thing?
    Options
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    The jump is normal where he jumps up and pounds the ground with an aoe. He just didnt come back down. Happened 2 times then i didnt stick around any longer. It was not my first time farming him
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HarpaxPT wrote: »
    The jump is normal where he jumps up and pounds the ground with an aoe. He just didnt come back down. Happened 2 times then i didnt stick around any longer. It was not my first time farming him

Yes, normal jump. But, during that "jump" he is normally "out of screen" as if he went above you out of view, correct? Or does he just do a "little hop" where you see him push up and arc up and back down, like a basketball player dunking the ball, and always remains in view?

If he jumps up and disappears for even a fraction of a second, as my first example would be of, then the game code is actually deleting him from the visual and then has to replace him in your visual to make that work. That is despawning and respawning him which is why he could potentially disappear as the code to make him reappear/respawn broke temporarily.

And more to the point, did he disappear and not come back only once during farming him or multiple times?
    You didn't answer that before.
    Options
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    He completely disappeared off screen and didnt come back. And as in you quoted, it happened 2 times. With it taking 10min for the portals to respawn again, i didnt wait for a 3rd time for it to happen
    Options
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HarpaxPT wrote: »
    He completely disappeared off screen and didnt come back. And as in you quoted, it happened 2 times. With it taking 10min for the portals to respawn again, i didnt wait for a 3rd time for it to happen

Ahh, that means it wasn't a one-off event. That helps your case.
    I bet that event is so rarely attempted and rarely reaches that point that hardly anyone has noticed.

Now, there should be another test though, by you or someone else. We need a corroborating report from a different day and time, so that most common variables will have changed, where he does it again to be sure the event is broken and it wasn't just "server stress broke molag bal".
    Options
  • HarpaxPT
    HarpaxPT
    ✭✭✭
    It was in scourge on ps4 during peak hrs
    Options