Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Small social guild seeks older, laid-back players

cyberjanet
cyberjanet
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's the thing. A game is meant to be fun. After a day's work, you want to relax, explore the surroundings, look for treasure chests and see what's under that stone. You want to do a dungeon with people who won't yell at you or kick you because you aggroed the entire room, or because you're not doing enough DPS, or because you died in every fight. How do you ever learn if you're expected to be uber out the box? You want to take the quest slowly, listen to what's being said and watch the NPCs do their thing. You want to enjoy the stories, the scenery, and all the little extras. And if you're a new player, you want someone who will be helpful when you ask how you know if you have mail, and where do you find it.

We're looking for players who like being in a smaller guild where you can get to know people. Where you'll come and chat on Teamspeak while playing. Where you'll group up with others for dolmens, delves and dailies. If you ask for help, there's a good chance you'll get it, and if someone else asks for help, you're happy to lend a hand. If someone wants to jump naked off the nose for an achievement, you go along because you think it'll be fun. Where you try out non-standard builds because they look like fun and you want to make them work. Really, is a bow-wielding sorcerer with pets viable as a ranger? Let's find out.

We have had members who never say a word, never join in, never respond and they eventually just leave. We've also had members who try and dictate builds and will only play with the best, sneering at those who don't match up. They also leave. We've even had members who wanted to change the way the guild runs. They have most definitely left. But mostly we have members who share knowledge, join in, when they can, banter, offer positive advice and will even whizz you at high speed through a dungeon so you can get the achievement. It's up to you. Try and start things. Join in when you can. Shrug and wait for next time if it doesn't work out now.

I'm not looking for numbers and dead wood. I do remove players who haven't been on for three months, it does look like they're not coming back. I'm more interested in a small, close-knit community that plays together, than a big, faceless guild. I'm more interested in a positive approach, and if the instance is going badly we can change our jewellery, try different food, maybe put on some new skills and try and figure out what we're doing wrong so we can fix it. Together. Yes, failure can be frustrating and even depressing, but we can learn the mechanics and be better next time.

We have an open bank policy, and the bank is aimed mainly at crafters, with materials, motifs, recipes and all the food you need for provisioning writs.

We have some players in their twenties, but they were probably born old. The rest of us are over thirty, sometimes well over thirty. Some even have kids in the guild who are thirty-plus. Others have small kids that start crying in the middle of a dungeon, and we wait patiently while they sort that out.

We also have a facebook page, and a website, both of which cover the community we have built across many games: the guild started in the original Guild Wars, and members of that era keep starting up guilds in different games. The current ESO guild was started by a member who joined us in GW2. We have some casual events, including normal and veteran trials; dungeon groups are only four players, and hey, maybe we can try doing it with a duo? Sometimes we'll arrange a fishing competition, or something else on a spontaneous whim.

If you think you'll fit into the scenario, message me on the forums on@cyberjanet or send a mail ingame, Or both.

Edit: We're looking at holding guild membership at between 80-100 players, preferably on the lower side. Active recruitment is closed, but we might be able to accommodate you.
Edited by cyberjanet on 4 January 2021 23:04
Favourite NPC: Wine-For-All
Mostly PC-EU , with a lonely little guy on NA.
  • sandelius
    sandelius
    ✭✭✭
    can't whisper in game? it says account not found
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get that all the time. I will try and find you, if your ingame name is the same. Could try a character name I guess, Marshall Langley is my main.
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't seem to find you either. You are PC, EU?
  • sandelius
    sandelius
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am. I think you have to me online or else it says "Account not found". I'll try later this evening.
  • CheverTheShrimp
    This is the perfect guild I have been looking for. I'm actually fresh new to MMO games, despite playing for a year. Because I'm not what you would call a pro at these sorts of games, I'm always a little worried about those who kick and abuse you for not playing a build right. I'll see if I can send you a message in game, but if I can't, you might be able to @CheverTheShrimp
    ~ Vvaelud | Dark Elf | Scorcerer | EP | Vampire | Lv 50 ~
    ~ Z'ahzun-Fa the Tiny | Khajiit | Dragonknight | DC | Werewolf | Lv 22~
    ~ Fryyn the Red | Wood Elf | Nightblade | AD | Werewolf | Lv 13~
    ~ Sir Chever the Mad | Dark Elf | Nightblade | EP | Vampire | Lv 17 ~
    ~ Ilvana Tesaani | Dark Elf | Templar | EP| Werewolf| Lv 12 ~
    CP - 144

Priests of Hircine
    PC EU Free werewolf bite guild
    Get your free bite today
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread

Aussie Player
  • darkllord
    darkllord
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly this!

"Others have small kids that start crying in the middle of a dungeon, and we wait patiently while they sort that out."

You sound exectly like guild I was looking for.

Count me in, if you can!

@darkllord , stamina NB Acherox

I´m looking for some small friendly guild I can do some dungeons and pledges with, when I have time to play in the evening.

I will be happy to join you, if you invite me.
  • thievinggypsy
    thievinggypsy
    Soul Shriven
    Just what I have been looking for. I'm a returning player. Havent played since about six months after launch, small sprogling to attend to on a whim also.
    @thievinggypsy
    Currently playing a summoner/pet build.
  • quahkarl
    quahkarl
    just the guild i'm looking for. I"m getting close to being 40 and really want to play with mature players... Will try and message you in game .... i'm a Tank spec only and on v192 at the current time. play every day in the morning and evenings as i'm a stay home dad... use to play on the ps4

@quahkarl is my user name...

many thanks
    karl
  • LadyHeloise
    LadyHeloise
    ✭✭✭
    Hi I'd like to join please. Have been playng eso for a year or so but solo only, so am very new to playing with others! I'm hoping your guild is the answer :-)
    Username is @LadyHeloise
    PC-EU.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Hi there,
    I like the sound of this guild and I'd like to to join please. Played ESOL since May, ES, Oblivion and Skyrim before that. PvP for about 2 weeks but getting blatted everywhere I go. grkklltwo is my username. Currently Lev 50 Templar with full crafting levels but skills pumped into Smith Cloth and Wood.
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Janet, I appear to be "in the guild". Happy to help anyone who is struggling with any aspect of the game.

• aku666
    aku666
    I think this would be a good guild for me to start socializing. I'm playing this game since steam free weekend so not a veteran and been playing mostly solo so far. Couldn't catch you in game so I'm writing here. Username @akumulator666

• Zlochocrwb17_ESO
    Zlochocrwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hi all,

I started leveling my healing focused char. I am doing it slowly, enjoying exploring world and following the story. But MMO are not meant to be played solo and i do need help from time to time. I don't plan to go hardocre on this game since i am playing another one. TESO for me is just pure enjoyment.

There for this guild seem like perfect for me. I like to be on comms and chat and help people around when needed. So, if there is a spot left, yes i would like to join.

my ingame name is Zlocho

Kind regards.
    Edited by Zlochocrwb17_ESO on 12 December 2016 09:56
  • nuvibe
    nuvibe
    Soul Shriven
    I really enjoyed your advertisement for your guild as I think it sums up how guilds and social activity has developed over recent years in mmo's. When I first played mmo's how you behaved socially contributed to how you would progress through the game, then introductions of epic loot, heavy empathise on raiding detracted from the fun element of the game. This led to the current trend of mmo's being mostly a single player game with multiplayer elements as people didn't want to spend an entire evening devoted to a raid.

I've been in guilds ranging from wildstar, swtor, aoc, tsw, swg, daoc, and god knows how many others and all exhibit the behaviour you have described. I long for the days when a mmo was fun. I did say swtor would be my last mmo but now I'm here and enjoying myself

I too have become interested in this guild :) In game name Tzuke

Edited by nuvibe on 12 December 2016 10:43
  • itzatecah
    itzatecah
    ✭✭
    Hi Cyberjanet!

This is exactly what i'm looking for in a guild. I'm more than interested in joining if you still take new members. i'll try to contact you in game...as soon as this maintenance is over =)
  • stormmaker03
    stormmaker03
    Soul Shriven
    hi
    I would like to join your guild,i liked that you mentioned the idea of playing the game and taking your time to listen to the story so much of this game can be missed by just rushing to level.From what i have read this is the kind of guild I'm looking for i will contact you in-game and await your reply
    thx

@stormmaker03
  • nuvibe
    nuvibe
    Soul Shriven
    Hi what is the name of the Guild?.....when i logged on had a guild invite...i want to make sure i choose the right one heh :)

Tzuke
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The guild is called Rich Mahogany. From the original Guild Wars achievement title track ... My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany. But the invitation should have come from @cyberjanet.
  • nuvibe
    nuvibe
    Soul Shriven
    cyberjanet wrote: »
    The guild is called Rich Mahogany. From the original Guild Wars achievement title track ... My Guild Hall Smells of Rich Mahogany. But the invitation should have come from @cyberjanet.

Cool that was the one heh :)
  • arianaalbano
    arianaalbano
    Soul Shriven
    Oh, this is just lovely! I really liked the way you put the description for your guild and I am sure a lot of people might have felt identified with this <3

I am not a pro and I am sort of the kind of people who likes to enjoy the game here and there and for the past weeks I have been playing by myself (bf does not want to play this game anymore). I do not have kids but I have two cats that behave as such but they don't stop me from playing almost daily at least for a couple of hours.

It would be nice to be in a community like yours and here's my name IG if you feel like giving me a chance: Goriyo but my account name is arianaalbano, just in case.

:smiley:
    IG - Goriyo
  • Cyn_v84
    Cyn_v84
    ✭✭✭
    This sounds amazing! I would like to joint too :smiley:

I don't have that much time to play, and it's the first time I play an online game, but I'm really loving it and I'm looking for people to share stuff with :smile:

Ingame name = Idrissi
    UserID = cyn.v84
  • grkkll
    grkkll
    ✭✭✭
    Cyn_v84 wrote: »
    This sounds amazing! I would like to joint too :smiley:

I don't have that much time to play, and it's the first time I play an online game, but I'm really loving it and I'm looking for people to share stuff with :smile:

Ingame name = Idrissi
    UserID = cyn.v84

virtual joints, like the sound of that
  • adreeasa
    adreeasa
    Soul Shriven
    This sounds like the guild a 33 year old with a small baby girl and not a lot of time to play would like to hang out in; and since i happen to be like that guy, sing me up.

IG name : Murbellä
    account id : adreeasa

• Niinicat
    Niinicat
    Soul Shriven
    I totally agree a game is meant to be fun and elated to find a guild who is looking for members like this. I am 28 but to quote you I was born old. I tried to message you in the game but I was unable to find you (I am on PC/EU) I would like very much to join your guild. It sounds perfect to me. I do have and am willing to chat on voice on Teamspeak. I am happy to lend a hand and I am willing to try random things just for their own sake.I have a craft bag and I have collected most crafting resources I can find ready to share them with a guild I can join, I am more than happy to pitch in my share of resources.

I am a new player but I am generally positive and I am enjoying the game a lot and I would really like to stick around and I believe it will be a lot more fun to play with other people rather than just on my own which up to now I have been.

I love the idea of this guild. I am sorry I can't message you in the game. My game name is the same as my forum name if you would be willing to contact me about joining.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Niinicat
  • Warrilad
    Warrilad
    ✭✭
    I would love to join @cyberjanet this sounds like my sort of thing. Please hook me up ingame @warrilad or Warri The Bald
    Warri
  • steviemoyneb16_ESO
    steviemoyneb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey there, also interested in discussing joining. Poke me in game, Nildrebh is the name of the character I'm using.
  • Bartdude
    Bartdude
    ✭✭✭
    hmm could be just what i'm looking for, i'll try whisper you l8r, if I get no joy poke me in game @bartdude48
    "No *** lady! does it sound like I'm ordering pizza?"
  • Galtavok
    Galtavok
    Edited by Galtavok on 11 May 2017 14:05
  • earl2112
    earl2112
    Soul Shriven
    if your guild is still up & running i'd like to join

i'm playing as a nightblade (not a very good one)
  • cyberjanet
    cyberjanet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @earl2112 as you now know, we are still up and running. Active recruitment is closed, but we can make room for like-minded players.