Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

Lady like personalities :D

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    is it the one you posted on the previous page? he looks awesome, hehe.

Indeed - Mr Sherlock Gro Bones- style icon!

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder as a pure sociology experiment how many people would choose to wear what they do or use a specific emote if a player had the ability to choose not to see costumes or non standard emotes.

I have a strong feeling many things you normally see in game wouldn't be so trendy.
    Edited by Balamoor on 1 February 2017 16:19
    Options
  • unwoman
    unwoman
    ✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    I wonder as a pure sociology experiment how many people would choose to wear what they do or use a specific emote if a player had the ability to choose not to see costumes or non standard emotes.

I have a strong feeling many things you normally see in game wouldn't be so trendy.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wear what I wear for my own satisfaction. Which is why I play a male character in the first place. I like looking at him.I don't really care what others like.
    Options
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe, I personally wear the things I do and emote the way I do because I like it, and I could care less if others see me as a grey blob (unless I decide to rp of course)
    Options
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This would not explain why khajiit has lived through several other adventures in Tamriel alone yes.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unwoman wrote: »

I can't speak for anyone else, but I wear what I wear for my own satisfaction. Which is why I play a male character in the first place. I like looking at him.I don't really care what others like.

And I hear that a great deal, which why I am puzzled, a couple of years back I was contracted to a developer that was actually going to implement that and the torch and pitchfork reaction by a fairly large closed beta community was disturbing. I guess it's a YMMV sort of thing.
    Options
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is YMMV?
    altough I have to say that once, someone said my male character was pretty and it made my day, to be honest XD
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    what is YMMV?
    altough I have to say that once, someone said my male character was pretty and it made my day, to be honest XD

Your Mileage may vary.
    Men can be pretty too.
    Options
  • shootyoureyeout
    shootyoureyeout
    ✭✭✭
    To add to this thread, it has been said that personalities would not be gender locked but I have strong suspicions that the male and female personalities are different. ( if anything some emotes such as dances are different.) This greatly disappoints me. I prefer to have more feminine cosmetics AND personalities on my male character, but if all the male personalities are changed to more masculine ones then this will be impossible.

Why is everything so standardised and narrow that forces us to accept a conventional way of being. Why can't males wear lashes or female make up. Is this not acceptable? Is it frowned upon? What else are we to think.

They had said at one point (I wish I had the source) male elves/humans, female elves/humans, and all beast race models were all built with different skeletons, which is why this is the case for some of the cosmetic items. At one point, they actually had completely different versions of each armor type for males and females, and changed that so they are exactly the same for males and females (of all races if I'm correct). This is true for costumes as well. I imagine it's probably not that easy to conform a cosmetic application to 18 different customizable face models with completely different bone structure and not have it look like ***. I think they are trying their best though with the resources they have.
    Options
  • RoseVex
    RoseVex
    ✭✭✭
    She who is only a little thing at the first, but thereafter grows until she strides on the earth with her head striking heaven.

Sovali - AD Dunmer DK tank
    Vinicia - DC warden tank
    Viratha - AD Altmer sorcerer DPS
    Melicine - Breton templar healer
    Options
  • unwoman
    unwoman
    ✭✭

And I hear that a great deal, which why I am puzzled, a couple of years back I was contracted to a developer that was actually going to implement that and the torch and pitchfork reaction by a fairly large closed beta community was disturbing. I guess it's a YMMV sort of thing.

I have to say though, the one thing that DOES bother me quite a bit is knowing that others have the option to see my PSN rather than my character name. I am one of those people who can spend days developing a characters personality and name months before a game is even released, and it means something to me for their name to represent the character. It just bothers me knowing that the majority will only see half of my character.
    Edited by unwoman on 1 February 2017 17:37
    Options
  • Balamoor
    Balamoor
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have to say though, the one thing that DOES bother me quite a bit is knowing that others have the option to see my PSN rather than my character name. I am one of those people who can spend days developing a characters personality and name months before a game is even released, and it means something to me for their name to represent the character. It just bothers me knowing that the majority will only see half of my character.

That is a awesome point I have that complaint about many PS games I play. I don't see it changing anytime soon sadly.
    Options
  • unwoman
    unwoman
    ✭✭
    To add to this thread, it has been said that personalities would not be gender locked but I have strong suspicions that the male and female personalities are different. ( if anything some emotes such as dances are different.) This greatly disappoints me. I prefer to have more feminine cosmetics AND personalities on my male character, but if all the male personalities are changed to more masculine ones then this will be impossible.

Why is everything so standardised and narrow that forces us to accept a conventional way of being. Why can't males wear lashes or female make up. Is this not acceptable? Is it frowned upon? What else are we to think.

They had said at one point (I wish I had the source) male elves/humans, female elves/humans, and all beast race models were all built with different skeletons, which is why this is the case for some of the cosmetic items. At one point, they actually had completely different versions of each armor type for males and females, and changed that so they are exactly the same for males and females (of all races if I'm correct). This is true for costumes as well. I imagine it's probably not that easy to conform a cosmetic application to 18 different customizable face models with completely different bone structure and not have it look like ***. I think they are trying their best though with the resources they have.

This may be the case, but just because they use a bunch of different skeletons does not give them a good reason for locking us out of a good majority of the cosmetics they come out with. It's just further segregation with a lazy excuse behind it. Imo that is.

I get what where you're coming from, though. But coming from game developers, if they make something that can be bought with real money make it available for everyone and useable on all characters (within reason, gender locking isn't within reason imo)
    Options