Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PC/Mac Patch Notes v2.5.6

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.5.6 is our first incremental patch since Update 11 that fixes a number of common issues including groups not forming correctly, hissing audio when using abilities, the Blade of Woe not awarding any experience, Wrothgar Survey Reports containing a mixture of low-level nodes, and more. Please note that after you download this patch, the launcher will still display the version as 2.5.5; this will be updated in the next incremental patch. The size of this patch is approximately 2.3GB.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS
  • DLC Game Packs
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Imperial City
    • Orsinium
    • Shadows of the Hist
    • Thieves Guild
  • Base Game Patch
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DARK BROTHERHOOD DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue where you weren’t being awarded any experience for kills made with the Blade of Woe.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • The respawn timer for players has been temporarily set to 0 seconds to address a known issue.  This will be reverted back to 10 seconds soon!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK

Crafting & Economy
    General
    • Clothier, Blacksmith, and Woodworker Surveys in Wrothgar no longer contain a mixture of CP 90-140 and CP 150-160 nodes, and now contain exclusively CP 150-160 nodes.

Quests & Zones
    Quests
    • The King's Gambit: Vosh Rakh enemies found in the guard’s meeting area will no longer despawn in the middle of a fight once you've killed one of their comrades.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, SHADOWS OF THE HIST DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
    Dungeons
    • Cradle of Shadows
      • The Atronach Light synergy now persists if your character dies.
      • The interrupt effects for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile is now easier to see.
      • Increased the cast time for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.
      • Velidreth will no longer interrupt her Shadow Sense ability in order to cast Gout of Bile.
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • The Hist Hallucinations from Tree-Minder Na-Kesh can no longer be dodged.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK

Art & Animation
    Animation
    • Fixed an issue that was causing a number of NPCs in the Thieves Guild quest line to not display any facial animations.

Quests & Zones
    Quests
    • Fixed an issue where some Crime Spree quests would only direct you to Grahtwood or Greenshade at first.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Audio
    General
    • Fixed an issue that was causing some abilities to have a hissing noise when activated.

Combat & Gameplay
    General
    • Fixed an issue where you would not appear to be grouped with other player characters after sending a group invite.
      • This also fixes the issue where it would appear as though a player character accepted an invite and immediately leaves.

Dungeons & Group Content
    Dungeons
    • Crypt of Hearts
      • Nerien'eth's Cursed Ground and Soul Surge attacks will now always do damage.
    • Volenfell
      • Quintus Verres will be less verbose in combat when he begins summoning his Gargoyle ally.

Miscellaneous
    Japanese Game Client
    • Japanese Mac game clients will no longer crash upon launch.

Quests & Zones
    Auridon
    • Depths of Madness: Minatelle's Rage will now spawn faster for new player characters entering the area.

Coldharbour
    • Light From the Darkness: Using the Light of Meridia quest item is now more responsive.

Glenumbra
    • Angof the Gravesinger: Grouped players who are not present at the time their groupmates kill Vorthag or Rotroot will no longer be blocked and unable to acquire the associated items.

UI
    General
    • Fixed an issue where your character would be facing the wrong direction or spin around when opening a UI menu.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post