Maintenance for the week of July 8:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance - July 8
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 9, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – July 10, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
Update 43 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/662078/

More realism and better understanding within the world of Tamriel

Gan Xing
Gan Xing
✭✭✭✭
I would like to see more of these, biomes and elevation maps of Tamriel.

601?cb=20150519021837

With this, I feel like we can include some more realism and a sense of being within Tamriel.

On another note; Realism while playing, which would cause many issues, and will likely not be implemented any time soon.

Higher elevation could cause faster decrease in stamina (not on abilities, so that stam players don't rage)... (Orcs and Nords would be able to better deal with this, passively)
likewise, wearing heavy armor would also decrease stamina faster.
Cold weather could have an effect on health, and the character would need to wear proper equipment within cold (or hot) environments, such that racial equipment could have some more meaning aside from looks. (a character would experience less harm from cold environments if they wore Nord or Orc armor, and likewise less harm from a desert environment if they wore Redguard or Khajiit armor

Any thoughts?
Gan Xing - Crafting Nightblade
Elrana Tinuviel - Hybrid Dragonknight
Elentári Peregrine - Sorcerer "bank"
Rán Xīng - Hybrid Templar
Laurïsil Imlachwen - Stamina Templar
Helotë Tinuviel - Hybrid/Magicka Warden
Odin banker - obv banker
Yan of the Red Mountain - lvl 3 DK - not sure when I will work on em

Seeks the unusual and unique playstyles...
  • Deadfinger6
    Deadfinger6
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, i'd agree, I still get changed into "warn armour"when up north, and those maps do look prettier and more interesting.
    Options
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would absolutely love environmental effects in ESO. Different characters could have different reactions to different biomes so players feel like they are "at home" in certain areas of zones.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
    Options
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love that :D adds a sense of realism and immersion to the game.

Only curious if its possible - or feasible - for Zenimax to release it in a DLC or major content patch.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
    Options
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like :)
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maps like that would be fantastic, maybe a cartography book for each zone or even content based around exploring the zones (much like the old map explorer achievements in Guild Wars 1).

Regarding weather effects on players I am not sure mechanically this is a good idea. However just visually it could be interesting.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Sunver
    Sunver
    ✭✭✭
    A great idea for a solo game. But this is MMORPG - the most important parts here are socializing and content. And if the bottom line of the game difficulty is set too high you loose a lot of customers(see Dark Souls series - only hardcore gamers enjoy it).
    When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
    What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
    For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
    O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely great Idea!

This is a way to make cyrodiil interesting again.
    Imagine having to fight with different Weather conditions:

Mist:
    Faster Stealthing, vampire Abilities stronger?

Rain:
    Reduce Flame Damage (from Siege, too!)

Snow:
    Very High Chance to freeze/chill people with Frost Damage Abilities

Daedric Sky:
    The whole Cyrodiil sky changes to look like around Anchors and randomly chosen Keeps have a Wall/Gate attacked by a Group of Strong Daedra with a Ram/Daedric Trebuchet

Options
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sunver wrote: »
    A great idea for a solo game. But this is MMORPG - the most important parts here are socializing and content. And if the bottom line of the game difficulty is set too high you loose a lot of customers(see Dark Souls series - only hardcore gamers enjoy it).

I moss the much harder un nerfed eso where vet enemies kicked butt doshoa wasn't a skill spam a harvestor was the bane of any fight bring back eso souls. Or atleast buff all of eso up to ic enemy difficulties so a fight is a fight not a steamroller over minor obstacles like o it is now
    Options