The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The Power of the Female Voice on Console

• Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    I'd probably get a voice distorter to make me sound female if I was on console; then turn it off briefly to freak them out.

Or cough all mannish xD
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaylynT wrote: »
    I lIke how the guys try to be really respectful and try not to swear once they realize i'm a female. It makes me laugh cause some try so hard not to swear and apologize when they do.

Really? one of my friends is probably a bigger potty mouth than all of you guys combined and people would try not to curse at her LOL!
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • deadlock007
    deadlock007
    ✭✭✭
    whatpeoplethinkido-19-girl-gamer.png
  • elantaura
    elantaura
    ✭✭✭✭
    I Run around with two guys who know I am a girl, I never speak up at the undaunted enclave lol that would be plain silly.
    I have after doing a few group events with people in one of my my guilds, spoken up in guild chat, it always goes better to reveal "after" you have done a few undaunteds and Dailys together. Then it isn't an issue
    The boys I run with are great and have asked me to ask on open chat to group on our alt low levels. That was funny - I am now not asked to ever open chat as it more often than not gets too odd for everyone we have had some weirdness - one of the males does it now if we ever need it. With strangers and trials with them I often stay quiet, I am on there to listen in case but again my friends in group know that and why.
    I was onced asked "whhhooooow are you a little kid, gay or a an Real girl!! once in an exceptionally excited tone, I think I'd rather be asked if I was a a girl than given options of possibilitys. I said all three to really confuse the heck out of him though - I just couldn't help it.
    I personally think out of all the things the female voice prompts do not attempt to " grind against " their character that's would be by far the best advice I can give, of worst things to lead with.
    PS4 EU 1200+ cp - I enjoy RP, Housing, PVE and PVP

• Lore_lai
    Lore_lai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahah this amuses me so much when it happens!!

Recently I got some hate whispers from a guy who was looking for ganking opportunities ahem... "duels" as he put it, behind our gate while we were trying to defend the scroll.

Went like "something, something *salty words*, bro" (among other things)
    I told him it's "sis" and his immediate reaction was "Pics or it didn't happen".

LOL - seriously? It's not like I said I'm the mythical unicorn or an UFO. :D
  • WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah to still be amazed at females.

I miss 5th grade.
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Three females in my guild.

First one offered werewolf bite, had me follow her all the way to the alter (i dunno why she wanted to give me a bite so badly) but couldn't ended up wasting good part of an hour

FYI, the WW bite is bugged. Sometimes takes me 15 minutes or more of moving around, having them move around, closer to the shrine, farther away from the shrine, a little to the left, a little to the right, etc. until the X option comes up to bite them. It's especially hard at the AD shrine, easier but still a pain at the EP and DC shrines.

Now that ZoS sells WW bites they have a disincentive to fix the bug.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    LOL, Yet another reason I play on PC ...
    Now if ZOS gave us a voice changer as part of the built in voice chat on the console maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be clamoring for text chat as often on the console version of the game...

I'm in favor of anyone playing whatever race, gender, etc. they want but I always find it jarring when the voice is far off from the character. It would be cool if when we pick a voice for our characters, that were actually the voice we spoke with while playing that character.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Shadesofkin
    Shadesofkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, some of them are so shrill and they cuss so much...plus really...I don't want to know someone chose the user name "Bluntninjaz420x1x" (not naming and shaming, just an example).

But, otherwise, hah, amusing.
    @shadesofkin -NA Server.
    Tier 2 Player.
    MagDK Main forever (even in the bad times)
  • BoudiccaStormborn
    BoudiccaStormborn
    ✭✭✭

Seriously. I started out on console but since you either use voice chat or don't communicate, well, voice chat it was. And the very first time I said something .... well it was just obnoxious. "ZOMG women r realz?"

/facepalm
  • J2JMC
    J2JMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't mind me, just hear to point out that more adult women own consoles than adult men. This is just an article talking about the study. Link to the actual survey can be found in the first sentence of the article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-women-own-consoles-than-men-in-the-us-survey/1100-6431985/

Maybe, just maybe, things like this happen because Elder Scrolls is for a younger audience *gasp* .

Get over yourselves.
    Edited by J2JMC on 11 December 2015 18:33
    Knee Jerk, L2P, Obtuse, Casual, Entitled, All The Best, unnecessary mention of CoD

Battle leveling for pve content defeats the idea of progression. Remove CP

"Apparently the players are more informed than we are"-Richard Lambert

• WalkingLegacy
    WalkingLegacy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah to still be amazed at females.

I miss 5th grade.
    J2JMC wrote: »
    Don't mind me, just hear to point out that more adult women own consoles than adult men. This is just an article talking about the study. Link to the actual survey can be found in the first sentence of the article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/more-women-own-consoles-than-men-in-the-us-survey/1100-6431985/

Maybe, just maybe, things like this happen because Elder Scrolls is for a younger audience *gasp* .

Get over yourselves.

I did not read the article because it is from GameSpot.

Is this possibly true because women are out working while men sit home and play their woman's console?

We must delve deeper.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet on the PC, tons of us are around and I know this because I've been on many PC guild teamspeak servers where there are tons of women folk about and being a woman is no big deal which is what the majority of women gamers want; we just want people to treat us as gamers and gender ought to be irrelevant.

In most every group even I have done with my main guild, Lone Wolf Help, about half the group is female. Some I was the only guy and sure, some were all guys. However in none of the groups did I ever hear anything being said that was gender related. Well one time a lady had to help her child with something and went afk, when she came back and apologized, I said no problem your just being a good mom. I would have said dad if the person had been a male.

I honestly have not seen any gender bashing or weird behavior in any of the chat streams even in Zone which can be a cesspool sometimes. Wonder why voice chat on the consoles can sometimes bring out the worst in people.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    J2JMC wrote: »

Get over yourselves.

Maybe another reason to play on PC. I have seen some extended discussion of age and gender and at least on PC there seem to be a lot of players who are 30 to 60, often married with kids, and quite a few couples that play. That is a much less annoying atmosphere for women than playing in a crowd of boys. Not saying PC is free from this -- I seen some dumb stuff first hand -- but it's uncommon instead of typical.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• Young_Archiebold
    Young_Archiebold
    ✭✭✭
    1st time I cleared the normal dsa was only because of a female playing a badass tank, it was funny cuz she was the only calm, cool, and collected one lol near the end the rest of us (the males) were cussin and getting mad, and she was just like "we got this guys".... And we did!
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if ZOS gave us a voice changer as part of the built in voice chat on the console maybe, just maybe we wouldn't be clamoring for text chat as often on the console version of the game...

I'm in favor of anyone playing whatever race, gender, etc. they want but I always find it jarring when the voice is far off from the character. It would be cool if when we pick a voice for our characters, that were actually the voice we spoke with while playing that character.

I would love that so much and I'd also like to see our character names displayed instead of gamer tags too. Think of the roleplay possibilities if we actually sounded like our characters. And for the PvP crowd, you could even get into PvP RP which is something not many people have experienced but can be really fun.
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not noticed many situations where people ask, or seem to care, what gender people are on PC. Maybe because it's all text chat (outside of guilds/groups with TS) it just doesn't come up.

Even when I have mentioned I'm female it's not gotten much of a response. The most memorable was when someone called me 'bro', I corrected them and they amended it to 'lady-bro' which lead to a random 3rd person saying "If only there was a word for a female brother..."
    MrDerrikk wrote: »
    I'd estimate that a quarter of the people I play with on PC are female, by going off Teamspeak and how they talk in text chat. Things like this make me chuckle though

I wouldn't rely too heavily on guessing gender based on how they type, it's surprisingly easy to be wrong. For the first month I knew him I thought my husband was a woman based on how he wrote on a forum, and apparently I wasn't the only one!
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Daraugh
    Daraugh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I was playing Lotro, my husband and I were part of a regular 12 person raid group. Of the core crowd there were three male/female couples, our guild leader (male) and one of the other officers (female.) We were pretty evenly divided! A few times we even had more girls raiding than guys. I've become so accustomed to hearing other women in voice chat, it seems unusual to hear only guys on occasion.
    May all beings have happiness
    May they be free from suffering
    May they find the joy that has never known suffering
    May they be free from attachment and hatred
  • Angel1ne
    Angel1ne
    Hahaha one time I turned on area chat and talking to a guy ... than he said ... wow you are almost the same age as my mother ... (I'm a 39 year old/young woman) .... -.-
    Ps4 EU server AD VR 15
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol yeah people can be immature for sure. I pvp with all kinds of women though and it's no big deal everyone acts normal.
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrug* I've played ESO on PC/Mac and PS4, and have met women on both platforms who are cool.

It probably helps that the guilds I belong to, and help lead, are generally mature ones run by — *gasp* — folks who hold down jobs and/or are raising families. Hmm. Now that I think about it, our youngest members are college-age, while our oldest member is in his 70s.

Neat, isn't it?
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."